Is 12GB the ideal amount of RAM?

Is 12GB the ideal amount of RAM?

It depends on what you're doing. If you're a professional shitposter, 2 GB is more than enough.

No, the ideal amount of ram is:
Phone: 128 GB
Camera: 512 GB
PC: 32 GB

8GB: good
12GB: retarded because you need 3 ram sticks
16GB: meme

I've got 32gb
I hardly ever use it all but it's nice to have
I also only paid $100 for all of it and it's all ecc

use whatever you think you need. 8gb is good enough but with how much chrome bloats everything you might need 16 if you like to leave a fuckload of pages open in the background

Desktop: 16 GiB to 32 GiB
Laptop: 8 GiB to 16 GiB
Phone: 2 GiB is enough
Router: 256 MiB is comfy

>12GB: retarded because you need 3 ram sticks
Triple Channel

16 is the ideal, those who say it's less are poor fags who feel threatened and inferior by rich fags who can afford 16 rams

16GB is the optimum amount so 32GB would allow you to virtualize 2 16GB systems which would be plenty for any workstation.

No. 16 is.

4GB is enough actually, unless you're a kid who wants to play trendy games or someone who virtualises a lot of shit.
8GB is enough for majority of people.
16GB is enough for current gen gamers.

Just get 16 you fucking autist

Please tell me where in Gods green earth did you find 32 fucking gigabytes of ECC for $100? The cheapest I found is at least $170

16 is needed when you want to browse the internet with a 2k movie playing on your 2nd screen and VMs running in the background.

>using more than one screen

>get 6x4gb off ebay for $40
>go to local pc recycler
>find another 2x4gb for $20
I lied about $100

>having less than 128GB per socket

Plebs

r8 m8

32GB = I make serious amounts of money with my PC

>not using more than one screen
Why live?
It's 2016 already dude.

pobre tu

How do you have the classic photo viewer on Windows 10?

>12GB: retarded because you need 3 ram sticks

x58 architecture had 6 slots and you could just fill 3.

The ideal amount is whatever is enough for your needs. For me it's 6GiB. For you it could be 4GiB, 8GiB, etc.

I peed on the poo

>he doesn't watch TV shows and movies on his secondary monitor while browsing/working/etc. on his primary
Plebeian

>watching TV while working
What's your job?

>wasting mental resources on secondary tasks instead of focusing on a single monitor

By working I meant being productive, which you can definitely do outside of work.

>implying it's impossible to pause a video should you need a moment of silence to think
Man it must suck being clinically retarded.

>productive
Like what?

>implying my company cares only about my tasks rather than keeping me happy AND productive
What's your job, user?

What the fuck

>doing things so easy they don't warrant your full attention
Try harder tasks.

Like self education? Working on personal projects/hobbies?

some games can take up to 8gb of ram so 16Gb is the new normal amount of ram.

Ram is cheap as dirt anyways

12/16 is fine
Currently running 12 with no issues as one stick died.

This

>being such a moron you need to give full attention to everything you do
Must suck being clinically retarded.

OP why are you such a narcissist

You realise if you're doing something on one screen, you aren't focused at all on what's happening on the other? You're actively NOT watching whatever you think you are on the second screen. And even if you register that and "watch" it, it's going to slow down your attention on the primary screen. Unless, of course, you're doing absolutely nothing of importance or any task which doesn't require thinking.

I bet you can learn advanced abstract algebra or Riemannian geometry while watching TV, with ease

>You realise if you're doing something on one screen, you aren't focused at all on what's happening on the other?
No fucking shit. It's there for background noise, I watch it off and on and believe it or not I'm able to turn my head to the other monitor should something catch my attention.
>You're actively NOT watching whatever you think you are on the second screen
I never claimed otherwise.
>And even if you register that and "watch" it, it's going to slow down your attention on the primary screen
If I'm able to get shit done while still "watching" TV, why the hell shouldn't I? Oh that's right, you have no reason other than you thinking everyone's got the same simpleton mind that you do.

Well obviously if I'm learning something new I'm going to pause and focus on the learning. I never said you should watch TV while doing literally everything and anything. But to not when you're able to, that's just silly.

You can never have too much RAM.

What do you need background noise for? Unless you're trying to keep yourself awake.

I prefer having background noise, always have. Plus here and there something catches my attention and I watch for a few moments, makes everything far less monotonous.

>not stimulating your second brain half
Enjoy being retarded then.

>background "noise" is only achievable by using a separate monitor which plays visual media
You can achieve all that by simply opening a song, or you know, opening the movie in the background and just switching to it when you want to continue watching

>I'm a special snowflake

Who are you quoting?

I just don't know how people can feel comfortable with 8GB in 2016

>triple channel
>on a home pc
please be bait

What a horrible thread.
More RAM is better.

You're a one shitty troll.
Go practise on your friends and get back when you're ready. Oh wait, you don't have any. Lel.

Why not?

Not him but Linus Torvalds maintains the world's largest open source project with only 1 monitor, and a walking desk.

Good for him, I couldn't give less of a shit.

So? Am I supposed to care?
>look guyse at these idiots from spacex! They still haven't learnt to use a single monitor setups! Ha-ha, what a bunch of losers!
Now you can kys.

What do you accomplish with your 2 monitors?

You can watch anime and browse Sup Forums

I only use the second one for media consumption. I prefer multiple monitors but it's a TV and doesn't work well as a monitor.

Is that supposed to be an argument?
Don't you feel ashamed of using such retarded logic? Or is that just your insecurity and the feel that you need to act exactly as celebrities?
Just get the fuck outta this thread.

Yeah for a phone.

I'm not going to repeat myself.
Eat shit you retarded lump of dry cum

Please stop embarrassing yourself and leave.

Crossing RAM and ROM

>wew lad

>not watching TV while """working""" is embarrassing

I have 32GB. In my old computer I had 8. In my laptop I have 2. In each case that much RAM was enough, at least at the time I purchased the RAM (my 8GB was seriously shitting on my party before I changed computers). It is a matter of how you use it.

>phone
>camera

>implying it's a separate device

*Kek

Who are you quoting? Your imaginary anime girlfriend?

>implying it can't be

>having less than 7

>I'm so retarded I need to put my full attention into whatever I do
I bet you need to stop walking to breathe (not that you walk much)

Nice dildo, desu senpai

>the work i do is so simple-minded, i have to watch TV to not get bored
Wow

Desktop: 16 GiB to 32 GiB
Agreed
Laptop: 8 GiB to 16 GiB
16GB is better but 8 is survivable.
Phone: 2 GiB is enough
It used to be but app developers are getting lazier so 4GB is comfy.
>Router: 256 MiB is comfy
Depends what os you're running and what services you have going. My IPFire box has 8GB and is quite comfy with that while my Firebox does fine with 1GB.

#shrekt

As I've already stated
>implying it's impossible to pause the show/movie when my full attention is needed
Man you really are retarded.

>Windows operating system
>Gaming paraphernalia
>PC case with window
>"""needs""" multiple monitors
Checks out

Depends on your use case

>watching movies so simple-minded, they don't demand your full attention
:^)

check yourself nigger
that's a windows vm running on top of linux

If I've already seen it I've got a pretty good idea of what's going on.

What do you accomplish with your 2 monitors?

>Eight 10 core CPUs with hyperthreading
>Fucking terabyte of RAM
>3 disks that can read about 1GB/s
>2 gigabit NICs in tandem

Fuck.

>2 NIC's
literally every server on the planet has that
maybe if it was dual 10Gbit

And the fuckers waste it all on Windows

The fuck kind of game are you gonna play on those 160 cores?

>8GB: good
Off yourself.

maybe it's running as a big VM host
and it's obviously windows server fuckface

you'd have to be a absolute madman to waste that much money on high tier server shit and use it for gaymen

Windows Server is so inefficient, you need 160 cores to utilize it fully.

But if it's a VM host then why not use a real VM hosting solution or hypervizor instead of fucking Windows Server?

Only explanation that I have is that the administrator of that server is incompetent and can only handle GUI point-and-click administration

Maybe they work at Microsoft and is forced to use it.

because of wondows aktiv direktorie
if you're a big company it's cheaper to hire some fuck to manage a bunch of windows thin clients than some autist to come in and install gentoo

What does a domain controller need 160 cores for?

Video processing? Although doing that on CPUs is kinda dumb i agree.

He could be a 3D artist

Even my consumer board has 2xGigabit.
I bet that's dual 10Gbit.

to run everything on one machine probably
only enough in the budget for one phat server

It could be video encoding, that's done on CPUs - but even in that case it would be simpler to have some dedicated Linux/FFmpeg machines running batch jobs than some stupid point-and-click windows server interface..

Well Android phones are getting ridiculous amounts of ram so 128 GB will be the minimum amount to run Android 12.0