Was the internet a mistake?

Was the internet a mistake?

No. Web 2.0 was a mistake.

The internet was fine and dandy before normies showed up

>Stein

>(((Stein)))

didn't time also title everyone 35 and under as the "me me me" generation?

No but giving normies access to it was.

Somebody needs to fork it

Gee I wonder who could be behind this particular post

Baby boomers are literally just asshurt that they fucked up the economy and now their offspring aren't willing to pay off their mortages by paying twice our paychecks for our monthly rent.

(((You)))

This

>fuck Facebook
>fuck iPhone

>Joel Stein
GEE, WHO WOULD GUESS.

Oy vey

If your butt hurts you can go outside and play

This everything has always "just worked" their entire lives, low cost of education, low cost of living, most got in early on the housing bubble, and now that they've wrecked the economy with their credit, or lack thereof, they expect the twenty somethings to fix their mess, and blame it all on the millenials.

so up until the late 90s?

does anyone have a digital copy of this issue?

never mind, i found the article and the cancer has spread to my stomach

Who is that :^)

>using the smiley with a carat nose

The internet for non-professionals was a mistake. Yes, that precludes me.

It became a mistake when memes became objectified and "when X" posts started to rise.

He was the first sign of the apocalypse, and you did nothing. Zuckerberg was the second sign of the apocalypse and you did nothing. Twitter and blogs sealed the deal from there.

Blame yourselves. I know I do.

I have the same thoughts about who is “celebrated” and accepted re: masculine queer people versus feminine queer people. Femme lesbians and bi women sometimes experience gate keeping or policing in the queer community, but society at large is not more accepting of masculine queer women–in fact, the opposite is often true. Same around the discourse around masculine cafab people not experiencing stigma. Once a cafab person passes acceptable limits of masculinity in heteronormative society they are deemed disgusting, ugly, mannish, and, especially as children or youth, may encounter a lot of bullying or even assault or harassment.

Some these shortcomings re: discourse isn’t even about being insulated–some of it is about oppression olympics. I was convinced for a long time that, because I’m cafab and nonbinary and typically read as cis female that I was totally safe coming out as trans because of the discourse on tumblr going on and on about how cafab trans people never experience violence, and then the first class, a TRANS class, that I was openly out and shared my social justice blog with classmates, I get death threats from someone using fake email from my college in the submission. I was shocked I would get a death threat and scared for my life because I had little experience being out and was convinced by that overly simplistic rhetoric.

Yes. The internet is one of the biggest worldwide violations of human rights to privacy right now, many companies are mining people's data on a daily basis but they're fine with it because they're willing to trade up privacy for convenience.

>filename
Keck

perfection