>plan entire desktop build
>realize it won't make me any happier if I had it

Fuck me.

Other urls found in this thread:

hotdogcat.com
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Welcome to adulthood.
Make something meaningful instead.

This. even if you spend your whole life failing, at least trying gives you something to do to distract you from the yawning chasm of blankness that is your life.

>meaningful
surely you mean profitable

I really get on it and become a monk or something...

(first time I felt like taking a photo of my captcha)

I have money it doesn't help at all.

Sure maybe if I had millions that would be pretty sweet but I don't and that won't happen most likely statistically.

>meaningful
Nothing in my life is meaningful.

It's a bit of a stupid word.

>Have i7 2600k and GTX 780ti
>Plan some crazy gayming rig build $4000
>Realize all I do is shit post and maybe play 2 hours of some old game per week

Yea, I get the feeling OP. I bought a Snowboard and Bike instead, and very glad I did.

Do you have enough money not to have to worry about money anymore ? If so do whatever you really want to do man , travel , have a family , see things , do things. Find ways to fight boredom because boredom will destroy your motivation.

At least to me thats how life works. Literally everything you do is to fight a constant state of boredom by doing things you like until even those things become bleak and boring , so you find new shit to do.

Diversify a bit more , dont stay on your computer all day , like anything you do for days on end , itll get boring. Go outside even if you dont want to , go watch plebs being plebs.

Sure if you still need to make money that should bore you enough so you still enjoy your hobbies when you get home from work , but if OP is a rich fag then all thats left is fighting boredom.

Well done user. You're saving yourself money!

A lot for someone my age not a lot in the long long term.
Not even that I don't even know what to spend it on...

Early retirement? Invest in index funds?

Dude, you don't *have* to spend money. If you don't know what to spend it on, don't spend it. Leave it in the bank.

what and said. You potentially have enough money to go neet for the rest of your life.

To be fair, though, whilst I am encouraging OP to save money, I am currently eating both sushi and KFC. That's almost $30 and a lot of kilojoules for one meal.

Im telling OP to save money and I currently own under 100$ - 2 months rent.

poorfags are fit to tell other people how to handle money since its exactly the opposite of what we do.

It's already in index funds guys...

I wasn't asking for finance advice. I guess I wanted to discuss the futility of this stuff.

I had this same realization the other day. I was about to pull the trigger on a $600 build, but said to myself, "In the end, IT DOESN'T EVEN MATTER".

Isn't it liberating to feel that feel? I'm looking to sell my desktop, and just get a single thinkpad to unironically install (hardened) gentoo on.

Whats there to discuss , you explained it yourself , this stuff is all futile. We all come to realize this one day. Suddenly the things that mattered to you become trivial and it never goes back.

The thing I want more than anything right now is money since I have very little of it but I still know that once I have it it wont make me happier , just a little less sad.

>tfw dont plan anything
i just got some parts that are compatible with the other parts. just works

I honestly mostly get by with a 300 dollar 11'' laptop. 250 actually it was on sale.

What model?

What kind of bike?

I spent all day on my computer browsing the web. This isn't the future they promised us.

Everything is meaningless, anons. Once you embrace this you can do anything. Or nothing. It doesn't really matter..

Same here. I'd planned it, had most components ready but then i continued using an old pc with a motherboard integrated gpu

Will hotdogs will the void?

My PC made me happier. Life is too short for shit electronics.

Usually people "embracing" it got depressed and live miserable dull lives. Its a worthless idea on its own, without understanding life is movement and action. Remember a proverb "better to have something done and regret it than having done nothing and regretting it".

Moreover, its only a supposition everything is meaningless, because once you become living with the ideas of the humankind progress or your childrens well-being it doesn't matter. Actually, the idea if meaningless is often found in egotists/egocentric people and societies

Literally Lord Buddha is the answer.

t. The Simpsons.

>Its a worthless idea on its own, without understanding life is movement and action

I agree user, which is why I like this chart so much. If I ever feel lazy or I need motivation, it reminds me that life is short and that it is one of our main goals in life to make the most of it.

>often found in egotists/egocentric people and societies

Yeah, I agree with that, I'm not perfect
Though I'd place myself more on the right in picrelated nonetheless

Please stop distributing the image property of hotdogcat.com at once.

I love that picture.

Glad you found what to do with your life. Thanks for the chart, very motivating. I'd even highlight the weeks from 15 to 30 years

Its a terrible feeling isn't it?

at least you didnt buy and built and THEN feel that way

Well I mean it wasn't that much I could still get it...

I made a similar thread today with Drake in the OP. I know I don't enjoy buying things, but nothing else is making me happy either. Reading, socializing, running, studying and gaming all suck rn.

fuck you bitch I'll do what I want

1 am why am i awake?

why chase happiness

why not be interested, find enjoyment, find pleasure

>want to order $50 of takeout and gorge
>know it won't even taste that good
>know I'll be bloated tomorrow and feel like shit
>still want to do it

maybe I should just become fat again

More shit, more stress

The only thing that can make you happy is yourself OP