Linux is communism & macs are best

linux is communism & macs are best

Those are really hot opinions you got there.

Install gentoo

Install macOS*

Install Arch

install Windows

everyone here is wrong except

Install Manjaro

install javaos

install red star os

nice try kim jong un

Windows ans apple are dictatorships.

It's more like imperialist capitalism tbqh.
>tfw no benevolent dictator OS

I know this is obvious bait, but I'll humor you anyways.

Linux can in no way be interpreted as communism. Especially not the totalitarian kind that real-world implementations of communism always devolve into.

First and most importantly, because of the simple fact that the great majority of people developing the Linux kernel are employees paid by major multinational corporations (I don't know about the GNU userland, but that's addressed in my next point.). It depends on a decidedly capitalist system to get most of it's shit done.

Secondly, the GPL license that Linus Torvalds himself recognizes as being a major contributor to the success of Linux, depends vitally on the (most would argue) capitalist idea of copyright and at the most basic level functions exactly like the license of any non-free non-libre software project would. With neither free or libre software, you enter a contract whereby through copyright law you're granted rights to the use of the developer's creation, in exchange for abiding by a set of terms of service governing it's use (which will at the very least include paying the corresponding price of the software and being forbidden from redistributing the software without permission). The GPL functions *under the exact same principle*, except that the license goes from requiring 'pay this much and don't copy my shit' to 'no being a humongous dick with the source code'. In either case, one is free not to agree to these terms, and not use the software.

This, Open source is free market in the software level, since it's just information, and the only way you can morally profit from information is to provide services to others, becasue information(software) is not scarce and thus it's inmoral to restrain it.

Just an analogy to why "GPL/Linux is evil communism" is bullshit.

Closed-source software is basically a nice restaurant; the house reserves the right to not serve you for any number of reasons, including demanding due payment. Like OS X; perhaps some find it expensive, but I agree, the food is great.

GPL is a kind of weird non-profit cafeteria with limitless food; you're free to come here and eat as much as you want. Hell, you don't even have to give anything back in terms of payment. Some people don't like the food, other's like it better than the restaurants, others just don't want to pay. The house, however, reserves its rights to serve you or not, and has a rule; you're not allowed to take food out of the establishment (re-licensing GPL software to a closed license). Most people wouldn't argue this is communism; this is charity (with certain rules to protect them from abusing dicks), and most of all it certainly isn't evil. The only people really pissed here are the restaurants because now people have a cheaper (read; no cost) option, and the cafeteria was smart enough to prohibit them from taking food out of the cafeteria. But then again, we live in a capitalistic society where competition exists to the benefit of the consumer.

It'd be communism if, instead of deciding whether pay to eat at the restaurant or the free cafeteria, a higher power dropped a sack of potatoes at your feet and decided for you that this is your only option, aside from starvation.

install TempleOS

install bebian

> linux
> communism
Aye in our spare time we murder people in cold blood, make people disappear from existence, shout like retards, get fucked in the ass, and praise Comrade Stallman

If Linux is communism Macs are faggotry, do the math

that's why Linux runs on tons of important infrastructure while OSX runs on fashion accessories

Did you know that Sup Forums runs on mac minis last a saw? You're probably expecting more positive reinforcement and not what comes next. Well fuck you, they run FreeBSD. Keep sucking dicks you filthy faggot.