Previous Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

razerzone.com/gaming-keyboards-keypads/razer-ornata-chroma
world.taobao.com/item/528704043320.htm?spm=a312a.7700714.0.0.ibSZvs#detail
world.taobao.com/item/525245142547.htm?spm=a312a.7700714.0.0.NXklF7#detail,
ebay.co.uk/itm/112121409493
massdrop.com/buy/minivan-keyboard
duck0113.tistory.com/134
modelfkeyboards.com/product/early-birdlow-serial-number-f62-model-f-keyboard-kishsaver-single-digit/
input.club/
shop.keyboard.io/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Jesus I didn't realise how awful and overdone that text looks.

Topre Realforce owner here

Everything else is a gimmick and a meme

k. What weight?

>Topre
D E P R E C A T E D

razerzone.com/gaming-keyboards-keypads/razer-ornata-chroma

no.

That bump looks fucking nasty.

Variable? I dont know, havent used a desktop pc at home in two years, its in a plastic bag somewhere.

This

it looks nasty because it says razer, got it

>rubber dome but with a tactile leaf and a sharp tooth on the slider
Tell me that won't feel like sticking your dick in a box of nails.

They're joking.

Surely they're joking.

They have to be taking the piss.

They are definitely joking.

how much ibm model m 1391406 is worth?

If anything, they're deprecating BTC's dome-with-sliders, not Topre. Except the BTC keyboards are $5, not $100.

What about the HHKB?

>with the soft tactile click of a mechanical keyboard
>literally a membrane keyboard
>the clicking comes from a small piece of metal coil that otherwise does NOTHING as you can see on the schematic
>they think people choose mechs just because they want clicky noises meme
>underage or manchild gamers will still buy this and slobber all over how WOW ITS CLICKY CLICKITY

so I caved in and bought a CS storm quickfire tkls,

I personally love it and especially the physical difference it feels compared to razer's tournament stealth "browns"

>Mula: 100-150

>Country: Straya

>Switch type:
Cherry: brown, blue
(mostly want something quiet & tactile)
I 'm also interested in topper keys (never tried them)

>Layout : Both ANSI and ISO are good

>Form factor: 60% and TKL

>Backlight: Not preferred

>Previous/current keyboards:
Blackwidow Ultimate (Blues) - Wan't the same feel but slightly quieter

Anyone with feedback about Cherry MX Silent switches?

v60 mini with quiet matias alps clones

NKEY-K5 RGB
Where can I get a legit buy link on this one?

why would you want that specific keyboard I don't know, but here you are world.taobao.com/item/528704043320.htm?spm=a312a.7700714.0.0.ibSZvs#detail

>kailh

not even once, goy

Because I have a fetish on those lights. Does it ship to EU and can I pay by paypal/skrill?

150 bucks + shipping for a kailh board. You're insane and besides that isn't the only keyboard in the world to have RGB lighting.

But if you are adamant they do not except paypal they use their own Chinese version. I have bought stuff from there before and if you don't know hoe to use google translate you might make a mistake. I was nervous my first time but nothing wrong happened

>Budget
no budget, i can drop a few grand if needed
>Location (continent at least)
europe
>Preferred switch type
never owned a mechanical keyboard before so i wouldn't know - i'll mostly use it for typing(no games)
>Layout
doesn't matter
>Form factor
i want one without a numpad
>Backlight
no i'm not a fucking child
>Previous/current keyboards
apple :^)

i basically need the most expensive keyboard that i can assemble or purchase online, and it needs to not look like shit

please link some expensive keycaps also

needing this because the girl i'm trying to date and soon marry is "big" on mechanical keyboards so a good first impression is needed

Yeah I just started getting to know the page more and it seems a little complicated.
Maybe you have any other suggestions on same type keyboards that are same/better quality?

Well if you don't mind spending a grand then go for the IBM model M industrial SSK. That's pretty much the Rolls Royce of keyboards.

i don't want a retro looking keyboard, being mistaked for an autist would ruin it all

>Budget: 70$

>Location: Europe (central)

>Swith type: Cherry MX Brown (any cheap variant)

>Layout: US

>Form factor: TKL, 87 key, 80%

>Backlight: White

>My first mechanical keyboard

Well do you want supper rare keyboards that sell for $1000+ or do you want niche and special snowflake looking keyboard

well if you get a ducky shine 5 the quality increases by 10 folds and it costs the same price

The sound of any and all Cherry MX keys being released makes me gag

Thanks

niche and special looking that's also really expensive

If you go for that mechanicalkeyboards.com is an official Ducky partner so they have more options then amazon

how about a RS68

where can i buy this exact keyboard
THIS is what im looking for

Its only on Taoboa world.taobao.com/item/525245142547.htm?spm=a312a.7700714.0.0.NXklF7#detail, but some people on geekhack, deskthority, and reddit have some, so maybe they will part ways with theirs

>willing to drop a few grand on a keyboard
>being mistaked for an autist would ruin it all

Pick one.

Honestly, the most you're ever gonna pay for a quality board is 400-500 for a korean custom(gonskeyboardworks comes to mind there). Even if you're building your own you'll find it insanely hard to pay more than that if you're not a tacky 15 y/o.

If you acutally want to spend a few grand head over to datamancer and take a look at their 'beautiful' custom keyboards.
>pick related

how hard would it be to find one fast? im willing to pay a grand or whatever the price for it is as long as its not missing keys or whatever

also what switches would it have? id need to know

How long until she comes over?

who knows, its not that hard to buy things from taobao, compared to finding someone online who wants to get rid of those

If you get a barebones kit you can use whatever switches you want, the ones on taobao are gaterons

In case anyone in the UK is interested in a (German) Model M this is a new listing.
ebay.co.uk/itm/112121409493

I just commited to $139.99 on this bad boy, did I do good?
massdrop.com/buy/minivan-keyboard

that's the ugliest keyboard ive ever seen

from the thumbnail i legitimately thought it was from a gore thread where someone took off the keycaps and you saw a decade of hair and food filth

If you are willing to pay a grand this GB is still taking orders
duck0113.tistory.com/134

sorry but 300+ people aren't going to commit or buy this keyboard in 16 hours. So unless you want it you gotta pay the extra 10 bucks

looks awful for 30 dollars less you could buy a functioning 60% keyboard

>hesitating between a Corsair Strafe RGB Cherry MX silent and a Logitech G910 Orion Spark as my first gaming keyboard
You can make fun of me.

>ebay.co.uk/itm/112121409493
It's quite disturbing, isn't it? The fact that they're trying to sell this for 1.6k is the most hilarious thing about it though. The descriptions also read like the ones they always have in art exhibitions. Sort of adds a notion of self parody into the mix.

Don't buy a gaming keyboard.

Buy something you won't be ashamed of using in a few years.

Starter boards are a meme.

Where do you get this from?

I'm guessing that if you're buying a 40% board that you want a 40% board and not a 60%. Weird huh?

The thing is that I could use a few macro/profile keys instead of having a shitty 10 bucks keyboard.

modelfkeyboards.com

corsair has LED issues and the G910 will severely limit your choice in keycaps so you can't get stuff like pic related

Then get a ducky one its got over 200 macros to fit your autism

1075$ lmao... i better buy an original from ebay

1976 key caps when?

Do you take your keyboard to work?

modelfkeyboards.com/product/early-birdlow-serial-number-f62-model-f-keyboard-kishsaver-single-digit/

This is actually pretty nice and not too unreasonable for a model m hhkb

some

probably sometime mid to late next year if ever

I have an f77 on order. You have to wait ages though.

The new Corsair versions don't have LED problems, so long as they're the RGB. It is the older single color ones that had issues.

Also, look at the new Corsair RGB "Lux". They now have a nicer font, better backlighting, and a USB passthrough. So a decent keyboard overall for those who like the design, CherryMX RGB in Blue, Red, Or Brown switches.

The only downside is, unless Lux have changed something you need to ensure you get the right bottom row spacing for custom keycaps on the Corsair. However, that usually isn't much of an issue.

Oh, some notable neat keyboards....

Input.Club K-Type - The successor to the "White Fox", in RGB. Open source software, hardware. Compact. input.club/

Keyboardio Model 01 - Holy shit, an ergonomic (multiple position, split, tented etc..) mechanical, RGB, open source (powered by an arduino) keyboard, with a frame made out of wood. Looks pretty unique... shop.keyboard.io/

>you need to ensure you get the right bottom row spacing for custom keycaps on the Corsair

The problem is most keycaps don't support corsairs weird layout

Yeah, that's annoying. I know there are a handful of those that offer a custom bottom row, but yeah not all of them.

I wonder though... has anyone checked out the new RGB "Lux" editions to see if the spacing is the same on the bottom row?

We should go to Corsair and ask them to change that shit around. They've been somewhat responsive to enthusiast criticism in the past from what I've seen, such as the inclusion ofheadphone/USB is now added to Lux. Maybe they've never been asked by custom keyset aficionados?

the problem is that corsair is a mainstream brand and most people don't care about aftermarket custom keycaps. All what they want is to plug a mouse/ headset into their keyboard without having to get a 6 foot long usb cable to their PC

True, but Corsair is somewhat of an enthusiast company at its core. Selling expensive PC peripherals is a niche in and of itself. Maybe they'll be receptive? Only a relative few will buy AX grade power supplies, Dominator or Vengeance LED RAM, liquid cooling etc...

Can't hurt to ask. I'll see if I can PM a rep on one of the hardware forums, but if something like Geekhack or whatnot can make an official request maybe they'd be receptive? Hell, even if they got a lot of emails asking for the feature that might help. If not, we're no worse off than we are now.

As an aside... anyone know if Roccat uses a standard layout on their US version? They seem to be pretty open to customization (ie their Nyth mouse has 3d printed custom buttons, they give away the specs etc.. .and they seem to offer open source and/or Linux friendly stuff too). Maybe their Rylos MK FX is a worthwhile competitor for a "gaming" mechanical for those who want one.

PC assembling enthusiasts are a far cry from keyboard enthusiasts.

I have a dedicated work board.

you know how much corsair spends on marketing sure there keyboards are a tad pricey, but they market them as enthusiast products put a metal plate at the front despite everything else being made of cheap plastics then throw in a couple of RGB LEDS and people thing they spent their money getting a premium product, who can then go online and brag about their enthusiast set up

Wha!

Royal Navy key caps are being delayed till October. The wait continues.

>Cooler Master switch tester on Massdrop

Neato

Pretty cute.

These threads are so boring now. Just the same self-loathing tripfags and their awful sets, HHKB buyers still in denial of a worthless keyboard. All boring. I hope the mods ban these threads just like desktop threads.

Fuckers. I'm away from 1st Oct, so I'll have to have them forwarded -_-

It's also pretty bad that they haven't told those who bought spare kits rather than through the initial GB...

Realforce RGB?

Theres always noobs who benefit from the OP pastebin info,l

okay then I'll post something new if you won't contribute

they seem dead in the morning they get most of their activity in the night

budget : $400
loc : USA
switch : topre
layout : ansi
size : 60% or 65-75%
backlight : not needed, but fine if its there
current : type heaven

currently looking at leopold fc660c but since its so pricey id like to at least go through some other similar options

why not go for a HHKB and get PBT caps for it with that budget

>why not go for a HHKB and get PBT caps for it

user do you know what you're saying

>user do you know what you're saying
no user, what do you mean?

The HHKB already comes with PBT caps.

Unless you want to gut a novatouch for the stems, there's no PBT caps available that would fit the HHKB that are of any higher quality than the stock ones (1mm).

yeah, good luck with that.

might as well get a cooler master masterkeys lite or something

Oh I've never used HHKB doesn't fit my tastes.

yes, i've certainly been looking at it

the different layout kind of worries me, but of course there seem to be quite a few different options with the dip switch settings to get it close to my liking

tough decisions honestly

What's up with all the fags asking for a tkl keyboard

Just finally finished this right now.

Bored of my Rapid-I with browns

How usable are 60% keyboards?

very

Any issues remembering macros and stuff? How much am I going to miss the arrow keys? Reason I went for this instead of something like a Pok3r was the arrow keys.

if you want arrow keys the get 65% keyboard

Clean, but it looks like your ribbon is too long.

Eh, I'll just use vim navigation everywhere

No issues remembering macros, but I don't use blank keycaps.