Are poo-fans a meme?

are poo-fans a meme?

They're actually pretty silent.

Likely not worth the price, but silent.

Best fans.

Good fans, but not as quiet as Scythe or NoiseBlocker or Nexus fans.

Overrated and overpriced for the most part.

They're the best performing static pressure fan are they not? Overpriced, maybe; overrated, not sure about that one because they're objective good.

The choice of the colour was the biggest mistake for Noctua. They would have sold double the units easily if it was straight black.

I have 3 NF-F12s in my case and I love them. Very quiet, good airflow, and don't look autistic.

Not sure about that one. There's many good fans out there that are straight black, that you've never heard. The noctua color scheme may be ugly, but it's unique and you immediately see which brand it is without having done much research. As a result, they can charge the higher price, because let's jump into a brain of a potential customer: "hey that fan my friend got is objectively Uuugly... Wait many people have these... And they're expensive. Who would buy such an ugly fan for that price? Hm I guess it must be Really fucking good then. I don't really care what the inside of my pc looks anyway. Fuck it I'm gonna get one" and boom, they make more money than anyone else

Yes. They cost so much that by the time you buy 4 overpriced meme fans you are already halfway to buying one of those cases with the rotate motherboard and 180mm fans.
Much better investment than trying to fix the shitty airflow in your current case with expensive fans, because no amount of fan magic can change the basic laws of aerodynamics.

They're high quality fans with a color scheme that stands out and is highly recognizable. Fairly quiet and we'll performing. You can get equally well performing fans that cost the same, but may come in a color you prefer.

Scythe/servo fans (gentle typhoons) are the best performing to the best of my knowledge. They're not necessarily the quietest, but they don't make a whole lot of noise for the amount of air they move.

>what happens when shit hits the fan

Arguably they would have sold less because the brown colour scheme is recognisable

Is there anything comparable to the goat typhoons?

>They're the best performing static >pressure fan are they not?

Not even close. Get Delta fans for static pressure. Sounds like a lawn mower, but the static pressure is insane.

Couldn't tell you off the top of my head, but you can still find them for around 20usd. Considering 15-30$ is the going rate for static pressure fans, they're actually on the average end of the price spectrum. I swapped out the noctuas on my Nh-u12s and saw a 5c drop in idle Temps. I could actually just barely hear them in my heavily sound dampened case, but that would probably not be an issue if I put the dampened lids back on. They're also running 2200 rpm and barely audible. The amount of air they move is ridiculous. Actually pulls air down through my top vent instead of heat forcing it to rise. The thing I thought was really unique when I got then was that the blades are actually metal.

Servo makes 48v 8000 rpm static pressure fans. Don't even want to know what those sound like.

Noctua fans are guaranteed to work with their provided downvolt adapters allowing one to run their fans at crazily low rpm when couple with pwm control. They are not the best performers in static pressure or airflow otherwise.

>crazily low rpm when couple with pwm control.

Nothing special about that. I can run my PWM Slipstreams at 200rpm. Non PWM at around 350.

got the slipstreams- how do you run them at 350? The lowest I can go is 500 and I've got a h97 chipset from asus

Speedfan on a Gigabyte mobo.

BTW, they're the 1200rpm versions, maybe this matters.

mine too. Can't get them to run lower than 500 :(

Panaflo makes best fans on the planet.
You bitch boys just cry too much about that sweet 5k rpm server noise.

>500
And that's not just start up rpm? Because it's usually higher than the lowest rpm.
Mine start at around 450 (non-PWM).

Looks like there aren't any 140mm typhoons/slipstreams, got any suggestions? Would really appreciate it

mine is 3pin. And they are LOUD at 600 rpm

Not him but EK vadar fans are basically better slipstreams and they do have both 120 and 140mm sizes.

Pricey though.

Would the meme fans be a good replacement for my H100, im running a slight OC that currently does 65c under load with the stock fans.

It sounds like a hairdryer so I'm looking to swap them out.

Yes, non-PWM are 3pin. I was asking about the starting speed vs lowest speed.

Thanks I'll check it out, I need 8 actually but I'll see if they are any good by buying 1 first, fans are a good investment anyway you only replace them when they break!

Check reviews on decent sites, they all tested those fans for years already and they are pretty crazy, as I said problem is price and availability.
You will probably like it after you test the first one.

>Doesn't realise they come in different colours now