/spg/ - Smartphone General - Boring Sunday Edition

If requesting purchasing advice, please provide your country and what carrier you will be using it with, along with wanted features, budget and size.

Good resources:
>reviews, specs, comparisons
gsmarena.com
phonearena.com
kimovil.com

>Frequency checker
willmyphonework.net
frequencycheck.com

>Chinkphone news
gizchina.com
gizmochina.com

>Recommended Chinkphones $80-$300 as of March 2016
wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/Chink_shit_general/Phones

>Post a mini-review of your phone
>Discuss upcoming and current models
>Ask for help related to phones
>Tell us how much shekels you spent on good/bad phone
>Shill your Xiaomi
>PRAISE THE CHINKPHONES

News:
Lenovo K6, K6 Power, and K6 Note are official: Snapdragon 430, FullHD displays, Marshmallow
gsmarena.com/lenovo_k6_k6_power_and_k6_note_are_official_snapdragon_430_fullhd_displays_marshmallow-news-20305.php

Lenovo A Plus and Lenovo (Vibe) P2 official: latter gets 5.5" FHD display & 5100 mAh battery
phonearena.com/news/Lenovo-A-Plus-and-Lenovo-Vibe-P2-official-latter-gets-FHD-display---5100-mAh-battery_id84943

TP-Link outs Neffos X1 and Neffos X1 Max smartphones
gsmarena.com/tplink_outs_neffos_x1_and_neffos_x1_max_smartphones-news-20318.php

Exclusive: To Offer Fast Software Updates, OnePlus is Merging Hydrogen and Oxygen OS
xda-developers.com/oneplus-updates-new-oxygenos/

Moto Z Play Droid preview: The most affordable modular phone yet
androidcentral.com/moto-z-play

Samsung allowing customers in the US to exchange the Galaxy Note 7 for a Galaxy S7 or Galaxy S7 edge
sammobile.com/2016/09/03/samsung-allowing-customers-in-the-us-to-exchange-the-galaxy-note-7-for-a-galaxy-s7-or-galaxy-s7-edge/

Lenovo P2 with 5100mah battery, SD625, fHD AMOLED display hands on
youtu.be/m8OR4YO4dCk

old

Other urls found in this thread:

forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=3414884
phonearena.com/news/Galaxy-S7-edge-buirns-while-charging_id84946
theverge.com/2016/9/2/12767670/samsung-galaxy-note-7-recall-fire-risk
androidheadlines.com/2016/07/review-oukitel-k6000-pro.html
dealsmachine.com/best_331625.html
xperiablog.net/2016/08/16/sony-xperia-devices-are-most-stable-smartphones-around-report/
youtube.com/watch?v=r3cWVdLqXCg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Best android phone that's not Samsung?

Don't care about cost, so no chinkphones

Should I get a refurb Galaxy S6 or a new Xiaomi Mi5?

Mainly looking for good audio quality and a good camera at 5.1" or smaller. Any other suggestions would also be helpful

HTC 10

Got my redmeme note 3 pro the other day and got the unlock code today.

Got cm13 up and running now too. What's the best aosp kernel for this phone to save power?

Radon:
forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=3414884

Mi5.

Nexus 6P

Galaxy S6 has the better camera, higher res display, better DAC.
Chink phones will die in 18 months, you get what you pay for (overheating, MIUI a shit, no LTE outside of China...)

Well my $160 phone benches higher than a S6, but just note for the Mi 5 there's no micro SD card slot and a 3000mAh battery

>t. samshit shill

thoughts on getting a brand-new mi4 in 2016

It better be under $120

Why the Mi5? I heard the camera is really bad in low light, and apparently LTE drains battery pretty badly.

>Chink phones will die in 18 months
Source pls

actually $240 because of kebab taxes. Looks like the cheapest decent alternative i have

I can get one from gearbest but then i'll have to register it's IMEI (and pay $50) and most likely i'll have to pay customs tax

>but then i'll have to register it's IMEI
What kind of country/service provider does that?

SD820>Exynos 7420.
New phone>Refurb phone full of jizz.

Ignore the samshits, they literally explode:
phonearena.com/news/Galaxy-S7-edge-buirns-while-charging_id84946

theverge.com/2016/9/2/12767670/samsung-galaxy-note-7-recall-fire-risk

Horrible. at least get the Mi4c.

I'm not too concerned with benchmarks since the most I'll be doing is playing Pogo which ran well enough on my Moto g.
I don't think there is a microSD slot on the S6 either, they removed it and brought it back on the S7.
Is 3000MaH low for batteries?

Don't care about specs that much, but yeah I would prefer a new phone to a used one.

>samsung exploding phone meme
Nice try. At least Samsung have a warranty and you can get your phone replaced for free. Good luck sending your Chinese shit back for a replacement lol

How high are the chances to see cm on the vibe/p2? I just want a big ass battery phone with hassle free cm installation (looking at you xiaomi).

Can anyone with the Xiaomi Mi5 comment on the camera quality in low light?

For some reason I don't believe the samples on the Xiaomi website

My s4 melted and Samsung wouldn't replace it. I used the original charger + cable, the cable was still fused to the phone.

In the end the shop I got it from just rrefurbished it for me. Fuck samshit. Their rooting policy is fucking retarded too.

>has been using a redmi S1
>kept having it kill off the app (game) I'm using after 30 minutes or so

Is there anything to remedy this or this idiot needs to replace his phone already?

>What kind of country/service provider does that?
Turkey does that. Phones which doesn't have IMEI registration can be used only for a month if you're using a local service provider. You also used to need to find a passport that was out of the country recently to register your IMEI number (1 phone per year) but that's no more. Although you still need to pay $50 for registration

Probably running out of memory and closing the program. I'd probably try to disable/force stop installed apps.

Hop on to Greece and buy a phone there, since they're bankrupt it's cheap as dirt.

>Turkey
Holy shit sorry

On my MIUI on the Redmi note I could lock apps into memory. You should be able to do the same.

>C U C K E D
>U
>C
>K
>E
>D

>20min SoT
>99% battery

Thanks famalam

I've got 200 quid on my amazon acc. should I buy a red meme note 3? If things go to shit will amazon cover my arse?

anything else I can buy for under 200 quid (On amazon) that will do me good in pokemon go and other normie apps?

Is there any reason not to get the Oukitel k6000 pro? My redmi 3 recently died and I'd like something with even better battery life.

It's ~200 AUD.

Which site has best warranty?

Is it the pro version? if mtk version don't.

Did they ever fix that battery life in the s6?

FUCK

I just ordered a Redmi Pro 64 gb

It's pretty good.

androidheadlines.com/2016/07/review-oukitel-k6000-pro.html

$143 and one year warranty on dealsmachine:
dealsmachine.com/best_331625.html

Hmmm, I'm switching over from a Paranoid ROM to CyanogenMOD and forgot to wipe cache before. It's been stuck on the Cyanogen logo bootscreen for 20 minutes, what do I do now?

How likely is the OP3 to see a sale by the end of the year?

Nexus 6P

Does anyone else has Moto G4 Plus? How was it

Get tee pro snapdragon 650 one you faggot and never look back

>45min SoT
>96%

Muh dick

>Snapdragon 617
Ugh at least it's 64 bit...

Don't have it but the fingerprint sensor is placed very awkward. Also I've heard about poorly programmed software AND apparently it has a Led notification built in but it hasn't been programmed to work for whatever the reason.

Problem is I'm an ausfag, return shipping for warranty is expensive.
Coolicool offers a $15 refund to help cover return shipping.

One Plus 3. If you've used cyanogenmod in the past get this one

Go for it then, it's pretty much the same price anyway.

I know, I'd done some basic research, Just wanted some confirmation before buying. I've already had one chinkphone die on me...

>MIUI a shit
It's actually pretty nice, better that fucking tauschwizz for sure.

Also, custom roms make this a moot argument at both ends

I've heard good things about it on /csg/ from a couple of anons who bought it. probably in the archives somewhere.

How do I stop gcm_reconnect from waking my phone every two minutes?

I've seen people say how atrocious oneplus support is, but I actually had a surprisingly good experience with them in a way.

I didn't buy my phone directly from them, but I ended up ordering a case from them. I waited for the package to arrive, but it never did. I decided I'd wait until I was back to my apartment before I'd complain to them (the post here has redirected some of my mail to my apartment if it was sent to a previous address of mine, so I wanted to make sure this wasn't the case). After making sure it wasn't there either, I was ready to complain to them, but then I noticed that I had just received an email from them, which said that they had refunded my order.

I imagine the package ended up going back to them, either because the people delivering it fucked up somehow or because oneplus fucked up the delivery address. Either way, I was refunded without even needing to contact them.

Would be nicer to actually have my case though.

>ayy lmaos on suicide watch

t.butthurt chinkshit buyer trying to tell himself that he did the right thing.

Considering how much money I can save by buying chinkphones as an ausfag, 18 months really isn't a bad life.

it also has touchwizz and knox. id rather take my chances with a chinkphone that i can put cm rather than knowing ill be stuck with touchwizz for at least a year

My snapdragon 650 barely gets warm, I swapped MIUI with cm13, I have LTE in Europe.

What now cocksniffer?

Still triggered when I see people using cursive fonts and inapproriate backgrounds. You want read a thing written on cursive with your mom as a background image.

>K E K
>E
>K

greenify?
idk if it still works, been using an iphone for a while.

Who else isn't going to buy the iPhone 7 if it is confirmed without a headphone jack?

I'd consider the models that has an audio jack.

Alright guys. I've had a Droid X, An S3, an S4, and a Note 4 for 2 years. I'm getting hit with strong Android lag and had to factory reset. I think I'm getting a goddamn iPhone next time. I've grown out of really caring about ricing and I really just use my phone for basic phone things now.

Are iPhones really more stable than most android phones?

>Are iPhones really more stable than most android phones?
Yes.

>I'm too poor to buy wireless headset or an $0.99 adapter
boohoo

>walking around with adapters

>THIS IS THE FUTURE WE ASKED FOR

Just rooted for the first time, how do I install xposed?

I flashed the relevant .zp with TWRP, then installed the xposed app but it can't detect shit. What's going on?

Yes, they have to be working stably because there's only one product. For Android you'd have to get one that has great support from the community or the manufacturers.

I wouldn't mind loss of 3.5mm jack if the adapter wasn't too bulky.

whats a good android for consistent performance and stability
thinking of switching back to android if the iphone 7 isnt a winner, and not sure which one is the way to go. not in a rush, so recs for current models or future are equally appreciated

any canadanons with the Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 pro? how are you dealing with the lack of lte?

Where are my Note brethren?

I'm on WIND. H+ is great.

What's a good unlocked phone for

Did I do good Sup Forums ?

>gold
gay.

Oneplus One mini-USB connector is going to break (has to wiggle the cable to charge/data transfer), should I go for a repair and wait for next year phones or just upgrade it already?

Why was that so expensive? I got that for $163

I'd wait until it's unusable. Just remember to keep backups.

catching fire and scratching and lagging over here

Note 4, same here but still comfy.

>16 Megapixel came

thanks senpaitachi

Finally dumped my iPhone 5S and jumped to a 5.5'' android (Z5 Premium).

I haven't had the phone long enough for a real review, but I love it so far. Sure it's harder to use one handed, but the screen is worlds better, the speakers are better for media, and Android seems more capable to get it doing what I want. Its a small thing, but being able to translate text in - app without having to switch to Google translate is great, for example.

I want an x compact. Shame that they're literally no phones outside of the popular ones that sort Sprint (ringplus).

For stability at least, Xperia phones have the lowest crash occurrence.

xperiablog.net/2016/08/16/sony-xperia-devices-are-most-stable-smartphones-around-report/

Do you have any suggestion for a small smartphone ?
I am looking for a screen that's less than 4 inches

I wish the HTC 10 had an Amoled screen. LCD sucks so bad in sunlight compared to it now and they never get dark enough for night time reading.

Redmi 4 on sd625 and fullhd res confirmed.

So, I just rooted my phone (p8 lite) and everything was working very good, until I just realized thtat i can't install new apps or update some of the existing and some apps are buggy now, they just randomly stop. Any advice?

I'm note 4 and would actually love this phone if it worked correctly

My Oneplus One's modem gave up. Planning to replace the phone with an Htc one m9. Any other options I should consider? I'm living in germoney and my budget is ~400 euro

huawei p9 if you aren't in burgerland

>he fell for the "root your phone and become le elite haxxor" meme.
kek.

M9 is shit, try to find a S6, an LG G4 or get a Oneplus 3.

I've sacrificed my expectations. As long as my 10,000 mAh battery case and 256GB mSD thrive, I'll stay comfy.

6P is a chinkphone you dips.

How did Sup Forums install cm on his LG g3?
Every method i found involved trusting some pooinloo on XDA
pls help

is redmi note 3 pro still the phone to get or has something newer/better/more convenient come along in the past 4 months?

>Nexus 6P
>ever
youtube.com/watch?v=r3cWVdLqXCg

that's been my experience when installing custom roms on my phone (xperia z1 compact)
I assumed that was the standard android user experience