Compile firefox

>compile firefox
>584 compiler warnings present

Why is this allowed?

because on major project no one cares about warmings but only for errors

Because 99% of developers are filthy code monkeys.

Warnings are just suggestions.

No they are errors.

Not without -Werror, no

>warnings
That means shit's all good, son

There are no warnings. There are errors or there are no errors. Warnings don't exist.

Only code monkeys won't agree.

I don't get it either, don't those people want to write correct and future proof code? I will never stand for this shit.
I guess it's because they fell for the "stable" meme and installed ubuntu/debian and their compiler didn't have those warnings because it's old shit.

>warnings are errors
How's your autism treating you?
Sometimes your intended behavior gives you a warning in the compiler. That's just how things go.

Code monkey spotted.

If the compiler throws warnings that shouldn't be then you should rise a bug report for the compiler, not ignore it. Some day your code won't work because a new version of that compiler actually enforces good code and you sit there and don't know what to do.

Because warnings are sexist.

>that shouldn't be

You're a fucking retard, no-one is arguing against that you aspie fuck

>An unused variable is an error

Yes it it.

But it isn't an exception

Depends on what they are.
When developing I turn off -Werror and turn on -Wno-unused-variable, but before I commit I change them back and proceed to squash all warnings possible.
People who ignore compiler warnings aren't really any better than people who ignore memory leaks just because it wasn't a lot of mem or because the process ends where it leaks.

It's an error. If you don't agree you're a filthy code monkey. Case closed.

Not an exception though, you admit

Patches are welcome.

But exceptions are runtime.

>warnings

Warning: This is intended for gcc

>Why is this allowed?
people want a browser not bulletproofsoftware

Actually that's exactly what a browser needs to be nowadays.