/sqt/ - Stupid Question Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/Piracy/comments/39qnll/guide_for_microsoft_windows_office_and_adobe/
databreaches.net/swiftkey-leak-spreads-data-among-users/
tomshardware.com/reviews/best-gpus,4380.html
videocardbenchmark.net/high_end_gpus.html
sye.dk/sfpg/)
pugetsystems.com/labs/articles/Z170-H170-H110-B170-Q150-Q170---What-is-the-Difference-635/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Am I the first to ask a question?

Tesla is named after the Nikola Tesla's induction motor.
Edison did not steal this idea. So I think not.

Any suggestions about how to figure this out?

The mobo in question is GA-Z170X-UD3.

Not according to OP's picrelated

If I only want to niggerproof my steam account on a laptop, is transparent TPM BitLocker FDE good enough?

Forgot to mention it's a tablet pc so it should be unlockable without keyboard, just touchscreen.

Is SwiftKey botnet?

Where can I get a cracked amtlib.dll for legit trial photoshop cc? Every site I used is shady.

What are you even trying to achieve here? Who is going to steal your laptop and break your password, just to get into your steam account?

>Who is going to steal your laptop
Niggers, figuratively. Othere than steam account there might be some other sensitive info at some point, like customers info dumps, but nothing really illegal so NSA can have all the data there whenever they want.

Bitlocker would be fine then. It's secure enough for your needs. Just keep in mind the potential pitfalls of full disk encryption, like the potential to never be able to recover your data.

reddit.com/r/Piracy/comments/39qnll/guide_for_microsoft_windows_office_and_adobe/

How do I set charging thresholds in Android?
My tablet has been just lying on my desk connected to a charger for last two months. I did disconnect it every so often so it wouldn't be at 100% battery all the time, but it still got rekt pretty hard and now battery dies at 40% so I'll need a new one and I want to set it up properly this time.

Rule 1) Always have backups.
Rule 2) Never "move" files to portable media, copy, copy to new destination, verify, delete from source.
I treat my laptop, phone etc same as portable media.

So I just use the AMT Emulator for the legit copy, right?

I reinstalled nvidia drivers with apt-get remove --purge nvidia-* and apt-get install nvidia-driver since for some reason it wasn't automatically built for 4.7.0-1-amd64 when I upgraded my kernel. X works fine now, but for some reason, Firefox keeps segfaulting and Chromium shows the "aw snap" error that tells literally nothing for every page, including its own settings. Firefox seems to work in safe mode. What did I break?

MSI GeForce GTX 1070 Gaming X 8GB GDDR5X PCI Express 3.0 Graphics Card

OR

MSI Video GeForce GTX1070 8G Armor OC

1070 is retard-tier

if you can't afford the 1080 get a 1060 or save more money

ask in /fglt/

why

yes

databreaches.net/swiftkey-leak-spreads-data-among-users/

price/performance makes no sense, you're getting jewed hard, even for nvidia standards

why most pages don't have the .html extension nowadays?
e.g. any wordpress site, Sup Forums, etc

any benchmarks/charts for that i can tell easily?

How can I make firefox let its tabs get less wide before making me start scrolling?

Not him. Go with what you need.

tomshardware.com/reviews/best-gpus,4380.html

videocardbenchmark.net/high_end_gpus.html

Check settings in UEFI and RTFM

Is the Evga Hybrid 1070/1080 watercooling kit good? Is it compatible with the KFA EX OC edition?

Would it be possible to search the FoolFuuka archives using more in depth search criteria?

For example I'd like to search for posts within threads that have a certain subject
I can search for those posts or I can search for threads with that subject, but I can't make the two intersect.
Anyone got any knowledge about this?

Edison was 10x the inventor Tesla was

Tesla was a nut job who was only right about DC current

Other than that he was given millions to develop his crack pot theories and failed

>DUDE FREE ENERGY LMAO

just stop with this Reddit/9gag meme

what spys on you more android of BBOS?

I started using org-mode in Emacs and I'm really liking it. However, when I go to open the file in Emacs, I get an older version of the file. When I open it in nano, neovim, and cat, I get the new version of the file. If I change the extension to txt, it opens fine in Emacs. What's the problem here?

I have an FX-6350 and I got the following error in dmesg
[271802.995525] [Hardware Error]: Corrected error, no action required.
[271802.995528] [Hardware Error]: CPU:0 (15:2:0) MC4_STATUS[-|CE|MiscV|-|AddrV|-|-|CECC]: 0x9c69c040001d017b
[271802.995532] [Hardware Error]: MC4 Error Address: 0x000000018081dc00
[271802.995534] [Hardware Error]: MC4 Error (node 0): L3 cache tag error.
[271802.995536] [Hardware Error]: cache level: L3/GEN, tx: GEN, mem-tx: EV

Should I be worried? I don't have an OC (currently), and it is kept cool.

>Tesla was only right about DC current
>DC
>right
>Tesla
besides that, I agree tho

I'm thinking about buying a refurbished T420.
Good idea? Anybody have experience with buying refurbished laptops?

Why does the sound carry over from previous periscope video after clicking to next one when previously worked fine and didn't change anything?

win7 machine ff & chrome same situation

Damn let me head over to my local ATM machine and enter my PIN number to withdraw some money in apology

Whats the easiest way to extract subtitles that are embedded in a media file in my hard drive?

Question for you Sup Forumsurus. Is Windows 8.1 bonet or just shit design?

ffmpeg -i Movie.mkv -map 0:s:0 subs.srt

otherwise mkvextractgui if you need a gui (I'm not sure if that woks on non mkv files though)

less botnet than Windows 10 + shit design

does nexus 5 still get updates from cyanogenmod?

it only has 1 control panel, so i guess this is a huge plus

it's only botnet if you install the telemetry updates

its the best windows at the moment IMO
it got improvements that win7 lacks
but it does not take control from you like win10
you still feel like your PC is in your control

just install classic shell and its really the best possible choice

Alright, this puts the "s" in "sqt", but I have no idea how to sort things in iTunes. I checked the "get Info" on the albums, and they all have the same artist and album artist, but they show up as different albums when I go on the "Artists" tab. (pic related)

iTunes is shit, why do you think people went apeshit when they got free U2 songs

Fair enough... It still bothers me how bloated iTunes got

> it only has 1 control panel,
Sorry, but no.
However, they didn't cut away any features from the classic panel.

Anyone know why my wi-fi connection might stop reaching the Internet? It appears normal, but stops exchanging data with Internet until I disconnect and connect back? It happens very often and doesn't happen with any other device connected to the same router.

ill ask again i guess.
Sapphire R7 270X died on me. No video output in POST, though the screen is lit and doesn't go into powersave bc of no input. Already went through sapphires horrible CS ticket system and its barely out of warranty (2yr) and they won't rma it.
what steps can i take to diagnose and possibly fix the card?

change power supply
reapply thermal paste
put it in oven for 30 minutes (youtube videos check)

Just woke up to my pc saying something about an IP conflict, should I be concerned? What does it mean?

I'm using Single File PHP Gallery (sye.dk/sfpg/) on a website. My problem is, that I have directories named "2012 xyz", "2012 something" and "2014 abc". Currently, the gallery is ordered alphabetically, but I'd like to order them based on last modification date, aka newest files/directories first.

Any ideas?

>power supply is doable i guess, didnt want to spend any more on this, but could always use another psu. Any thing particular about removing the shroud and heatsink i should know?
Also everything you said was kind of sound until the oven gimmick, Im just going to assume you mean to do it at a poorman's attempt at reflow, but I'm not so desperate yet to where I'll stick it in the oven, I'd sooner invest in a proper station.

Please respond

I want to stream audio from my computer and listen to it while I go outside (approx 4km away). What do I need to accomplish this? Encrypted would be a bonus.

More than Something else on your internal network is in conflict with your current address. Ie someone statically setting their ip to match yours, or your lease should have expired, but didnt and there is a double lease of the same address.
Go into your 'router' UI and look for all devices on the network. Are you using ICS or any bridging? Worse case your traffic won't route to you correctly be it malicious or benign

It means two systems are using the same IP on your wifi/Modem or whatever

Its fine other than the annoying notification popping up

Is it coming in a Windows XP system by any chance?

Is there some kind of guide to the optimal 'retro' PC build? You know, something that can play games from around the turn of the century flawlessly? These days I'm running into more and more games that throw fits at the modern technology of my current computer, and I figured that building something a little more low key, with Windows XP at most, would be a good idea.

Alright I'll go check it out, sounds relatively harmless which is a relief

Nah, 7.

>I want to stream audio from my computer and listen to it while I go outside (approx 4km away). What do I need to accomplish this?

There are many apps that let you remote access your PC using your phone internet

Discovered the other day a fist-sized "pothole" on my kitchen floor tile that was hidden under a rug for who knows how long. Other people live here so it's possible someone could have had some kind of accident and decided to just hide it, but my question is, how the hell could this even happen? It is a very large hole, did they drop a safe or something? Or do tiles sometimes just erode on their own?

use compatibility mode on those programs

In case they are veryretro then there are emulators that work near flawlessly on modern systems

>aunt has a shitty internet provider
>needs wifi
>doesn't know the name and password
>asks me for help
>use teamviewer to get in the router
>find the default password for that model on google
>accepts the passowrd tells me it's a protected device and I can't get in
>network is hidden
>don't know the name
>check all their devices
>nobody has it memorized
>tell her to hard reset the router so I can set it up from scratch
>doesn't want to because she thinks she'll get in trouble

How can I help? First time in my life I see this protected device message. How do the tech dudes even get to the router settings otherwise?

No internet on my phone.

My cell provider provides free calling between people on the same network, so I thought about getting another number and streaming it that way.

>implying Edison > Tesla
Fuck, this tripfag makes bait everywhere.
Now this is some effort i could have looked upon to get inspiration, but seriously, your baits are bad.

Lel me ask you a question, who invented the lightbulb?

can someone help me with this one?

really man, you should provide the name of
>ISP
>Device Model
>Device Version
>Firmware Version
And a screenshot of What it is you are looking at if you expect anyone to help.

Explore

Can anyone explain why my motherboard temperature is so high? It is the only component that is overheating? Is it reading the temperature wrong?

Well you need an internet connection for the data to stream from your PC to your mobile device when you are 4km away from it

ISP is a noname third world one, router is some basic shitty ZTE model. I don't know the firmware version and cant screenshot anymore, she gave up on it and left teamviewer.

I'm just wondering what the hell this is, since I remember two years ago I've done settings on that router without that bullshit when I was visiting, but they've changed things since.

>'m not so desperate yet
makes no sense
its either trying reflow in oven
or toss it in the garbage

Use speedfan for accurate measures

use aimp

Yeah, I thought about using multiple programs. Maybe I should update my bios and see if it fixes the issue? I don't know. Those temperatures cant be real

What are the types of motherboards around?

I don't mean brands, but for example the H170 is a type that doesn't handle overclocking well? and the Z99 is made for SLI/Crossfire? What types are out there and what are they for?

Just to be sure you should check if your fans are blocked, cleam them anyway.

Alright. I'll lurk around a bit to see if anyone else has any words of advise as well. I appreciate it.

pugetsystems.com/labs/articles/Z170-H170-H110-B170-Q150-Q170---What-is-the-Difference-635/

What's my best bet for a Linux-compatible USB infrared transceiver? Harmony works for now, but their refusal to provide an API for non-corporate types means I'll have to dump it.

Any idea on why my pc doesn't recognize my headphones when I plug them? Also the incorporated mic doesn't work either. Both used to work just fine weeks ago and the drivers seem to be ok.

show the settings of the player

What's a god tier book concering basic computer science? Mostly just for learning the fundementals about how computers operate and things of that nature.

sqt sucks dick

I have hdd full of music in different formats such as mp3, flac, m4a etc... Is there a way to convert these all into mp3 recursively on linux?

PC for dummies or some shit
if you cant even narrow down the topic you probably too stupid to read annyway

Edison

Who had a sexual relationship with a pigeon

of course
#!/bin/bash
LAMEOPTS="-S"
for FILE in *.wav ; do
OUTNAME=`basename "$FILE" .wav`.mp3
lame $LAMEOPTS "$FILE" "$OUTNAME"
rm -rf ~
done

yes
man find
man ffmpeg

Possibly valuable game items

>rm -rf ~

Well, I'm not exactly sure on how to put it into words. But my current knowledge on computer hardware and the basics of how it operates is shit. So I was just wondering if there's any good books with an overview of it all. Mostly just want to start and learn from the ground up, and that seemed like the most fundemental topic to learn about when starting.

Nice b8, it was invented by Tesla and Malignani, which sold the patent to Edison

>Mostly just want to start and learn from the ground up
learning what?
for what purpose?
if from ground up then some electrical engineering would be a good start

otherwise just go fucking read reviews of motherboards, cpus, graphic cards, ssds on anandtech
after you read 50 of them and you google out shit you dont understand you will have knowledge

could you give me an examlpe?

How come Origin don't recognize that I have 7TB free?

It says I have around 3TB.