/pcbg/- PC Building General

extreme edition

>Assemble your parts list with price comparisons by vendor and compatibility filter.
pcpartpicker.com

>Have a budget, but don't know where to start? This will recommend you a parts list based on price.
logicalincrements.com/

>General build advice including chipset compatibility, power supply advice, Windows activation information.
pastebin.com/9Pbm4nHL

>Information about how to build a pc, how to select components, and much, much more advice.
wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/Build_a_PC

- Post your list, rate other user's, ask questions in general.

- Always state the purpose of your PC and your budget. If you are asking for improvements, clarify whether you want to lower price, or improve specs or build quality.

-If you see any other "PCPartPicker thread"s or threads asking for advice on a build or parts list, please politely direct them here.

Other urls found in this thread:

ebay.com/itm/XFX-AMD-R9-390x-Graphics-Card-I-hand-For-Ship-Out-/262595087135?hash=item3d23e30b1f:g:8fsAAOSwgZ1Xv84q
uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/qHy2m8
uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/NkqC6X
pcpartpicker.com/list/37HPXH
heidoc.net/joomla/technology-science/microsoft/67-microsoft-windows-and-office-iso-download-tool
pcpartpicker.com/list/tPL8r7
pcpartpicker.com/list/L7BXyf
techbargains.com/deal/433225/intel-core-i7-6700k
newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA29P2TN6083
newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820211985
m.newegg.com/Product/index?itemnumber=9SIA0FU4HP6553
pcpartpicker.com/list/bmc9r7
newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?item=N82E16820147374
newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820147467&ignorebbr=1
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Reposting because got no answer

sup Sup Forums
My motherboard died on my old computer
Looking for a middle of the road build, and got this from Logical Increments

CPU: AMD FX-6300 3.5GHz 6-Core Processor
Motherboard: Asus M5A97 LE R2.0 BOM ATX AM3+ Motherboard
Memory: Kingston HyperX Fury Black 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR3-1866 Memory
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: Asus Radeon R9 380 4GB Video Card
Case: Cooler Master HAF 912 ATX Mid Tower Case
It all comes out to around $494.24 on newegg. How's it look?

I should be able to reuse my Corsair HX650w series as the power supply for this build right? PCparts builder says that this build should come to around 384w and 650w should be plenty.
Also, I forgot to get a wireless adapter on my previous build so I had to use a UBS wifi adapter. It seems to work pretty fine. Should I just stick with that or should I look into getting a more complex wifi adapter?

Is HIS a good brand?

Hey nigs, need a hand. I'm taking apart my brothers old PC to try and figure out what I can use for my new one. Most of the parts arrive on Tuesday.

I got the GPU out no problem, but the PSU, HDD and CD Drive are being pains in the ass. They each have a single screw that's fucking me over. It's as tight as a nuns arse.

I just sprayed them with WD40 and waited ten minutes, but not much is budging. Help?

>FX-6300
There is no need to go for one of these CPUs any longer. An i3-6100 is slightly worse at multi-threaded performance and significantly better at single-threaded performance. An H110 motherboard can be had for less than the price of a 970X AM3+ motherboard these days, as well.

>AMD FX-6300 3.5GHz 6-Core Processor
get a good fan

more or less noname shit but go for it if it's at least 33% cheaper I guess

>I just sprayed them with a conductive lubricant and I now expect my electrical components to work afterwards
Good job

Well what else can a nigga do?

Not spray conductive fluids near electrical components?

What are your current specs? The rest of your hardware might not be toast.

Use a non-conductive lubricant?

Thanks for the advice. Any other tips then?

Twist harder, nigga.

Does this sound better?

CPU: Intel Core i3-6100 3.7GHz Dual-Core Processor ($110.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Motherboard: Asus H110I-PLUS D3/CSM Mini ITX LGA1151 Motherboard ($76.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Memory: Kingston HyperX Fury Black 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR3-1866 Memory ($34.49 @ SuperBiiz)
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($45.88 @ OutletPC)
Video Card: Asus Radeon R9 380 4GB Video Card ($147.99 @ Newegg)
Case: Cooler Master HAF 912 ATX Mid Tower Case ($50.98 @ Newegg)
Power Supply: Corsair Professional 650W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply
Total: $467.32

Well to be honest, my computer is 5 years old at this point, so I've been looking to upgrade anyway.

Heat the metal around the screw and using more force to twist?

I AM ONE WEAK AS FUCK NIGGA

How to heat?

Normally I'd say that you lose a lot and pay more for an ITX board, but H81/H110 seems made to be for the form factor.
However, why are you using a DDR3L board with a DDR3 RAM? Play it safe and choose the DDR4 variant of the same board and a DDR4-2133 RAM for the same price.

Yo, someone rate my build.

CPU: Intel Core i5-6600K 3.5GHz Socket 1151 6MB L3 Cache
Motherboard: A1 x Asus Z170-A Socket 1151 VGA DVI-D HDMI
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4 PC4-19200 2400MHz DIMM C16 Memory Kit
Video Card: GTX 660Ti
Case: Fractal R5 Design etc.
SSD: Kingston V300 SSDNow 120GB SATA 3.0 2.5inch SSD Upgrade Kit with Adapter

Take a heat gun or hair drier and start blowing air in a circular motion around the stuck screw. That way the metal heats up the steel chassis.

That's really handy and neat to know. Thank you, user.

>CPU: Intel Core i5-6600K 3.5GHz Socket 1151 6MB L3 Cache
>Motherboard: A1 x Asus Z170-A Socket 1151 VGA DVI-D HDMI
>Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4 PC4-19200 2400MHz DIMM C16 Memory Kit
>Video Card: GTX 660Ti
>Case: Fractal R5 Design etc.
>SSD: Kingston V300 SSDNow 120GB SATA 3.0 2.5inch SSD Upgrade Kit with Adapter
6/10. get a new GPU

is there a recent GPU that's midway between a 480/1060 and a 1070?

GPU is from my old build. Getting a new one on black Friday.

Any other shit? The rest of the stuff I just bought.

Whats your budget nig
and put on pcpartpicker.com

>ITX board
>ATX case
It'll fit, but why?

Did you strip the screws? Are the screws hex and phillips or just phillips?

Do you have a CPU heatsink? I assume you're going to upgrade the GPU once prices get closer to MSRP?

I still think you're a fucking drooling retard for spraying WD40 inside a computer, but whatever makes you happy, you retard

Cause I cannot into computers

CPU: Intel Core i3-6100 3.7GHz Dual-Core Processor ($110.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Motherboard: MSI H110M Gaming Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard ($69.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Memory: Kingston HyperX Fury Black 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR4-2133 Memory ($38.88 @ OutletPC)
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($45.88 @ OutletPC)
Video Card: Asus Radeon R9 380 4GB Video Card ($147.99 @ Newegg)
Case: Cooler Master HAF 912 ATX Mid Tower Case ($50.98 @ Newegg)
Power Supply: Corsair Professional 650W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply
Total: $464.71

Also, it says under compatibility
MSI H110M Gaming Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard has an onboard USB 3.0 header, but the Cooler Master HAF 912 ATX Mid Tower Case does not have front panel USB 3.0 ports.

The Cooler Master HAF 912 ATX Mid Tower Case supports video cards up to 390mm long, but video cards over 270mm may block drive bays. Since the Asus Radeon R9 380 4GB Video Card is 271mm long, some drive bays may not be usable.

Should I be that concerned?
>but why?
Logical Increments

>Do you have a CPU heatsink? I assume you're going to upgrade the GPU once prices get closer to MSRP?
Oh yeah, I bought just a cheap one from Amazon.

Cooler Master RR-212X-17PK-R1 Hyper 212X "CPU Air Cooler, 4 Continuous Direct Contact Heatpipes"

and some paste.

R9 390x

everything else seems pretty good

SSD is the only thing that I'd consider subpar, but it'll be fine and you can always get a 2nd one later on (vs. a CPU, which is harder to replace)

Phillips.

I do not deny that I am clueless.

Pricewise that's wrong

My rig won't boot, what are the odds I fucked it up with static electricity? Didn't ground myself

pretty low, i've built a computer wearing wool socks on shag rug carpet before.

not rly
ebay.com/itm/XFX-AMD-R9-390x-Graphics-Card-I-hand-For-Ship-Out-/262595087135?hash=item3d23e30b1f:g:8fsAAOSwgZ1Xv84q

uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/qHy2m8

Blank prices are things i already have.
I don't want to go above £315 (7950 cost me £85)

PCPartPicker part list: uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/qHy2m8

CPU: Intel Core i3-4170 3.7GHz Dual-Core Processor (£98.28 @ Aria PC)
CPU Cooler: CRYORIG M9i 48.4 CFM CPU Cooler (£15.48 @ Ebuyer)
Motherboard: Asus H81I-PLUS Mini ITX LGA1150 Motherboard (£54.98 @ Novatech)
Memory: Kingston HyperX 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1866 Memory (£56.52 @ Ebuyer)
Storage: Patriot Blaze 60GB 2.5" Solid State Drive (£31.98 @ Amazon UK)
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Green 1TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: Sapphire Radeon HD 7950 3GB Video Card
Case: Thermaltake Core V1 Mini ITX Tower Case (£36.46 @ More Computers)
Power Supply: OCZ ZS 650W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply
Wireless Network Adapter: Edimax EW-7811Un USB 2.0 802.11b/g/n Wi-Fi Adapter (£6.69 @ Ebuyer)
Total: £300.39

Any advice?

...used

k

Gonna take out the mini speaker thing from an old desktop so I can get some beeps to see what's wrong

There's no point in not going with skylake.

What's so good about Skylake? Not him, but I jsut bought a Skylake.

DDR4 and usually slightly cheaper.

What should I be looking for in a wireless adapter card?

uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/NkqC6X

How's this?

idk

n/ac compatibility. good reviews. good benchmarks.

hey Sup Forums looking to upgrade my GPU, any suggestions?

Titan X Pascal

See if you can get a board with a mini pcie wifi card. Much more reliable than USB.

The Sandisk SSD at that size is like $10 more and has great review over the "bait and switch" Kingston

Is this good now?

The PNY is because RX 480 and 1060s are the same price here. And this is the cheapest two fan 1060. Please tell me if I'm thinking wrong.

1060 or 480, whichever you prefer. I'm assuming you don't use both monitors for gaming. Since you seem to like keeping parts as long as possible, go for the 480. This is assuming AMD keeps up their current trend of improved performance with driver updates.

Can you afford to bump it up to the 6500?

How's this look for a middle of the road PC?
Also, if I were to take the storage from my previous computer and hook it up with my new one, would it have all my files still in it?

Ya but people where saying a 6400 wouldn't bottleneck a 1060.

Is that right?

looks like a ghetto case. might want to double czech.

unless there's some feature you need you can get a 10-20$ cheaper board.

PSU is a little overkill. 500W would be fine.

Sure you don't want AC wireless?

Z170 fully decked out or just non-overclock for the price savings?
I'm 100% sure I don't need to overclock, but it would be nice in a few years

>looks like a ghetto case. might want to double czech.
I'm not sure what you mean
>unless there's some feature you need you can get a 10-20$ cheaper board.
Like what?
>PSU is a little overkill. 500W would be fine.
It's a recycled part from my previous tower, which I built when I was in high school
>Sure you don't want AC wireless?
That might be a good idea

too lazy to link but there are boards 10-20$ cheaper that would work with everything you have there (assuming you haven't picked that board for some additional feature not listed)

the case looks bad. check reviews.

in particular, why ATX? Do you need the extra space?

The mATX boards and cases are a little cheaper, plus your case will be less bulky

No point paying the Z170 overclock tax if you're not going to use it. However, buy an unlocked CPU for better stock speeds and way better resale value down the line, but only if you already have a cooler or you'll spend the profit on one.

Any feedback? Gonna be used for gaming(Titanfall 2)
pcpartpicker.com/list/37HPXH

Fury

I would invest in a SSD. So much time is saved when your OS and programs load instantly.

So instead of paying 200$ for Win 10 and dvd drive, does anyone have a torrent for win 7 or 10 that works so I can use a thumb drive instead. Want to put that money into a better GPU.

There's a decent performance bump. Bottlenecking is a meme.

Looks fine. Not sure about the keyboard and mouse, but I don't have any better suggestions.

Component Selection Base Promo Shipping Tax Price Where
CPU

Intel Xeon E3-1220 V3 3.1GHz Quad-Core Processor
$195.99 $195.99 SuperBiiz Buy
CPU Cooler

Deepcool GAMMAXX 300 55.5 CFM CPU Cooler
$18.99 $18.99 SuperBiiz Buy
Motherboard

Gigabyte GA-B85M-DS3H-A Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard
$62.99 -$10.00 $1.99 $54.98 Newegg Buy
$10.00 mail-in rebate
Memory

G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory
$66.88 $66.88 OutletPC Buy
Video Card

MSI Radeon R9 390 8GB Video Card
$304.15 -$20.00 $284.15 OutletPC Buy
$20.00 mail-in rebate
Case

Cooler Master N200 MicroATX Mid Tower Case
$49.99 -$10.00 $2.99 $42.98 Newegg Buy
$10.00 mail-in rebate
Power Supply

Corsair Builder 500W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply
$49.89 FREE $49.89 Newegg Buy

is this going to work well?

heidoc.net/joomla/technology-science/microsoft/67-microsoft-windows-and-office-iso-download-tool
Daz loader
Use wsusoffline to install updates or the updater will take forever and still not work.

Doesn't an i5 have a faster clock speed?

How is this build for a gaming-streaming/encoding PC pair?
The primary gaming machine
pcpartpicker.com/list/tPL8r7
which also sends video to this streaming/encoding PC
pcpartpicker.com/list/L7BXyf

another user just confirming it's safe.
if dazloader was unsafe they would have stolen my money ages ago.

Alright how's this look?
I might consider it

What? I want to absolute best of the best and I'm not concerned at all about spending more than $20k if I have to. I've got nothing else to spend it on after taxes, rent, grocery, and the occasional trip to the bar.

What's the best SSD with around 500gb of storage?

at least get an i5. i3 will limit your 380

Is it really necessary? I was kinda hoping I could keep this under $500
Not that it's that big of a problem, but still

The best is probably more than you need to pay for. At 500GB you're pretty safe with any budget-tier SSD since lifetime relates to size.

e.g. for the price of an M.2 Intel/Samsung "Pro" SSD you could buy 2 SATA Crucial SSDs and RAID them for piece of mind if you think one will just stop working one day.

Should I jump on it?
techbargains.com/deal/433225/intel-core-i7-6700k

>i7 6700k
>$300
>eBay
>new with 3yr warranty
Or wait until black friday, I'm kind of anxious to hop on a deal, since most of my components just died recently.

So just spend it all on one computer with a dual CPU board. Using a separate computer to record and steam the video seems terribly inefficient.

>Using a separate computer to record and steam the video seems terribly inefficient
Why though? I've heard Shadowplay and OBS has trouble capturing 4K streams even with an i7-5960X.

Samsung makes the best SSDs, but that comes at a premium.

newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA29P2TN6083

ADATA is okay at a much lower price.

newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820211985

But M2 is so dank

If a bottleneck supposedly appears in a system with double the CPU power of another but still a single GPU, then it sounds like it would be a bottleneck on GPU bandwidth caused by trying to download 60 4K frames per second. Couldn't you just have the GPU feed back to a capture card on the same system?

And it's on sale
m.newegg.com/Product/index?itemnumber=9SIA0FU4HP6553

I thought that the CPU was actually hitting a wall because both encoding 4K video on the fly and playing games on it at the same time pushed even eight core Intels to their limits and causes performance dips on both encoding speed and FPS.

user back from earlier, made some changes.

Built in wifi on motherboard, different case, M2 SSD, different cooler, DDR4 RAM.

Same shit applies, items without prices are already owned, already spent £85 on the 7950, looking to keep it below £315 for other parts, looking to play recent games on medium-high and older ones on very-high to ultra.

Can this be improved in any other way now?

So why not use two CPUs? I assume one can encode 4k in real-time?

32gb is too small for your boot drive.

I can't overclock CPUs on dual socket motherboard.

My ssd pooped itself apparently. I've been having awful issues with corrupt system files, freezing, bsod, even after reinstalling windows numerous times. I finally decided to install the OS on my 1tb hdd, and I'm not having any issues so far. The speed is noticeably slower though and would like to eventually install my OS on another ssd. What's a good ssd for under 100$?

checked

Building for the first time

pcpartpicker.com/list/bmc9r7

Anything stupid I missed? Any tips?

Good bait dude. Seriously though next time, put some WD-40 on a damn Q-tip and just try working a little bit into the screwhole. Damn

newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?item=N82E16820147374

newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820147467&ignorebbr=1

Higher capacity or higher speeds?

What SSD did you have?

M2 is the dankest of memes
the Intel 600p m2s are cheaper tho

Get the Fury Nitro if it's still $300, it kicks both their asses even though it runs hot.
I got sick of holding my breath for a fucking worse but newer card for $280 (the 480)

It's the difference between driving a nice powerful mid-tier 6-cylinder car and then driving a gay little prius.

Fucking kicks DOOM and Farcry Primals asses in 1440p. Paid more for the monitor but don't regret anything.

>512GB 600p is $200 cheaper than the 950 pro
No shit, thanks m8.

Wait nevermind, was looking at the murrican newegg site. Still cheaper by about $100 on the milkbagland site.

OCZ ARC-100

I jumped on my 6600k when it was on sale for $220, the 6700k can be found on sale for $315 sometimes so yeah it's a good deal.

Might be cheaper on black friday but hard to find.

>mfw I paid $350 for the Fury Nitro that I tout so much, then saw it for $300 a week later

EVO 850 256