When a computer starts to really run slow, what is the first part I should replace? CPU or SSD?

When a computer starts to really run slow, what is the first part I should replace? CPU or SSD?

So you can't fix your computer without asking your personnel tech support forum, but you can tripfag just fine eh? Have a free sage.

Maybe try cleaning temp files first. Maybe reload the OS to take things further. If after doing all of that, maybe look at an SSD. If your processor is older than 4 years, then maybe look at upgrading. Also, having 8gb+ of RAM helps.

Try Ccleaner for starters.

Operating system.

your brain

What kind of slow? Stuttering? Hanging? Just generally sluggish?

Fuck, it's like you're actually retarded.

I'm only replying because I like goldeneye 007.

I'm going to assume you're on windows. Your HDD/SSD only determines how much data your computer can store, the CPU is how fast the computer runs. Try uninstalling programs you don't need, remove any junk that comes with programs like free toolbars or adware shit that is constantly running on the computer. Scan for viruses also.

Uninstall the garbage that's running on boot you idiot

>When a computer starts to really run slow, what is the first part I should replace
WIndows with something better.

My computer is just fine, I'm just partially anticipating it to dip in performance over the years and Google as you certainly know gives me really stupid normie-streamlined answers to that question

install gentoo

>computer starts to really run slow
Reinstall Windows, tech illiterate pleb. CPUs and SSDs usually don't just go bad. You have to do something to put a lot of stress on them.

Ram.

This.
My brand-fucking-new Skymeme/Fury setup started running slow and hot, opened up task manager and found svchost using 30% of the CPU on fucking nothing. Shut that shit down and disabled themes and update.
Good enough fix for now, I don't care enough to reinstall and that fucking extra 10C workload on my beautiful components triggered my autism like nothing else

HDD 10/10 times its the HDD

Could be the HDD but before you go buying new shit just take it apart and see if it's disgusting inside your case. Might be something as simple as cleaning it carefully and putting on new thermal paste.

Get CCleaner to analyze and clear up old fucking files and stuff. Just uncheck your "Cookies" beforehand so you won't have to log back in to every website.

Explain what the fuck you mean by running slow.
This is a great place for advice but you just have to be more specific sometimes.
Makes me wonder how people know so little yet know enough to find this place
(checked)

So if I have an SSD I can count on it maintaining good performance for a long time?

OP fuck you for using nostalgia click bait

A SSD is the fastest way to speed up an old computer but depending on what you're working with it might not make much of a difference. At least you'll start up twice as fast!

Motherboard. Think about it, it's like the brain of your computer. You want to upgrade the main stuff first.

I haven't seen you make a single intelligent post on this board.

If you are 100% sure that it's a hardware problem, it's most likely to be the hard drive. CPUs usually die catastrophically as well as GPUs. Sections of RAM may die or all of it, but it's very easy to check it and if only some sections are dead they don't get used anyway.

But for most of the time running slow implies you are doing something wrong at software level.

The OS.

Replace the RAM.

James Bond 007 Bunker sent me here.

>RAM
>helping

I have a ton of shit open at all times and it's consuming a maximum of 6-7GB.

There's only two components that actually affect speed: CPU and hard drive

if it's running the same applications slower over time it's most certainly not "fine" and you should learn to properly use and maintain your system instead of wasting money like a mindless sheep