Im excited about tech again

mostly because they made something ive actually wanted for the first time in a while

and fuck you apple

Other urls found in this thread:

thinkwiki.org/wiki/Category:TransNote
lmgtfy.com/?q=lenovo superfish
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

How is a legal pad technology?

because it produces digitized images from ink written notes

This has been around forever. They've been around for years.

writing on paper

wow what incredible innovation

Lenovo is really leading the pack here

Wacom makes one and you can use any tablet you want next to it.

pink_pokemon.jpg

Yes, but they're paying him to shill this one, not the wacom one.

Also wasn't there a project to make a flexible screen kind of like a notepad?

"Digital notebook"
DDGo it.

What's the relevance of Apple here?

stay mad mac fag

They don't innovate

mac book hasn't changed since 2003 - over a decade of non innovation

now its 2016, and this changes nothing again

>because it produces digitized images from ink written notes

I've got something like this in a box somewhere. It was for Palm PDA's. I think I bought it about 18 years ago.

Apple seems to really have your jimmies in a tangle.

note transferring is just one feature of that generic attached tablet

This looks cool but doesn't seem like something I'd use.

They invented the fucking smartphone, you don't call that innovation?

What exactly makes this tablet stand out from the rest of the tablets that exist now? tablets themselves are just crappier laptops so I don't understand the appeal.

Are you braindead?

Can't you read?
What are you, gay?

The greatest of all baits, here before my eyes.
I did not think I would live long enough to see it.

BlackBerry's definition of a "smartphone" was little more than a handheld email device.

Apple defined the mainstream, multitouch, sensor-laden, graphically-accelerated smartphone as we know it today.

That is a second screen.

Mostly it's a budget device for students. It is a low end digitizer for note taking and media consumption. Really it's exactly the right mark for students.

apple invented the iphone, not the palm and not the blackberry, you stupid faggot kys

I think you forgot you have your name on.

i saw other faggots stealing this faggots name so i thought it was going to be a new meme or something

also i suck horsedick and like big black nigger cock in my tight asshole

The iPhone was the pioneer of smartphones as they are today. Nobody gives a fuck that shitberry and whoever else made shitty original versions.

Didn't IBM make this exact thing 15 years ago?

I guess Lenovo got the patents along with ThinkPad.

>2016
>following may mays

>not liking mongolian mae-maes

only poor tech illiterate faggots like you give a shit about steve knobs and his gay ass garbage kys

And we'll still use paper, because that's legally admissible in court.

Drawings in a paper notebook are legally admissible in patent cases, digital notebooks are not

IBM ThinkPad TransNote

thinkwiki.org/wiki/Category:TransNote

Reminds me of the IBM Transnote and the canceled Microsoft Courier except not as good.

>the canceled Microsoft Courier
Mang I remember how furiously hyped I was over this product. When was that, 10 years ago? Why did MS abandon the project? It was the only good idea they had in years, this could have revolutionized the digital world...

Mostly in very shit formats, without mass technology appeal.
>1990s PDA
>No size for storage, meaning it can't be used
>Export to remove everything is messy

>Its a windows tool
>Its tied to Word, neglecting anything that could be a advantage

Wacom digitizer is in "keyboard" and not in screen. Why would i want this when I can get a convertible with digitizer build into the screen so I don't need fucking paper to see what I'm writing? Surface and the like are a million times more usuable than this shit.

different form factor

suddenly he became overwhelmed by his presumptions about implications of suggestions

What's the endgame?

now THIS is trolling

I saw someone using that on bus lul.

How many dollars

5-6 hunned

>implying steve jobs didn't invent that years ago, but then they found out it was shit and let it go
kys

Tried taking notes on my thin pad x220t and it was pretty shit, maybe because I don't have good handwriting

steve jobs
>invent
mmm...nnaaaaah

scribbling on paper is usually better, but we'll see - no one's really used this for real yet

Points for politely shilling an aesthetically pleasing product pahjeet. 2 extra rupees in your account today. Unfortunately it's not any better than any other product with a digitizer so there's no reason to buy it

>rotringer 600 0.5mm
>random note pad
this desu senpai

its more about the right combination of features, grampa

which remains to be seen

What's the benefit of not drawing directly on the screen like with a surface pro or something?

i would presume the texture of paper and the feedback that glass can't reproduce

also, you get a paper original, which some people like - it's a weird amalgam, i know

there's other advantages to the split "screen" format, the absence of a keyboard, and the availability of two input panels, with the keyboard panel being versatile enough to be modified programmatically

hi guys i succ my own dick

>Mostly in very shit formats, without mass technology appeal.
s PDA
no no no, the tech was around in a mature form a decade ago, it's just that nobody wanted them.

how did they make a lablet that didn't need a kickstand? It looks like the keyboard portion is so light to balance the top

Looks super fishy to me

Give me one reason to trust Lenovo again.

kys pedo

it wasn't really mature, was it?

it wasn't that portable - transnote was okay, but you wouldn't put that in a coat pocket

how this unit actually does with typing will determine its actual utility:

"Lenovo's press release promised "the best possible touch-typing experience," and the upper surface was rough to the touch, rather than glossy smooth, to help prevent fast-typing fingers from sliding on contact. And haptic feedback gave our typing fingers a little buzz when they hit the keys.

But while the letters F and J on the demo unit's keyboard were underscored, they weren't raised like they would be on a physical keyboard. And I did find myself wandering off course a little during a touch-typing demo

Lenovo looks to have considered this, however, and has built in some forgiveness wiggle room for less-than-accurate keying. The system is reported capable of learning typing behavior and, if a user frequently hits below the space bar or taps slightly right of a letter key, for example, the Yoga Book will recognize such sloppy efforts and compensate so that the desired action is produced onscreen. Pretty nifty, though we didn't spend nearly enough time with our demo units to test this out."

>college kids nowadays get to take notes on hardware like this

ITS SO UNFAIR I NEVER WOULDVE FAILED AND DROPPED OUT IF I HAD THIS

>super fishy

lol wat

>2011
>taking notes in class with my netbook in university because I just couldn't keep up with paper and a keyboard is much faster
>professor pissed off walks up to me
>sees I'm actually taking notes
>"why don't you take paper notes like everybody else"

I dropped shortly after

It's the weird ass hinge.

The fuck? Everybody had laptops in my class back in 2008, even in the non-stem courses

If it's so easy to balance out a top heavy laplet why did MS go through the trouble to make that dynamic fulcrum hinge to increase leverage distance at the cost of that huge gap?

because italian universities are like 10 years behind at all times

Dunno. But the Surface Book might be weighted a lot differently than this product, and also the Surface Book can undock.

lmgtfy.com/?q=lenovo superfish

The whole point of the undock feature is because the entire laptop is too thick and heavy though.

With the lighter notebooks with the 360 hinge and this, there really is no point to undock once you can get the whole thing down to around a tablet's thickness and weight. And this thing is only1.5lbs

Not to mention the surface book has around 4 hours of battery in clipboard mode

I don't know whether the yoga book mechanism works satisfactorily or not, but the surface is pretty massive, and I think the yoga book is significantly less massive.

lol, surface sucks

enjoy beta testing hardware until they decide to make it usable in a year.

I like to buy products without massive defects out of the box

Will this start a trend that will lead to the end of standalone wacom devices?

ok thanks
forgot about that

the lenovo book is reportedly evenly weighted in each panel

i like the idea it has symmetry from and ocd perspective

>lenovo
Have fun getting detained at the airport. Lenovo is the casio F91W equivalent for commie spies

i think wacom devices are niche as it is

do any apple products have embedded wacom stuff

yeah because you can hide weaponery in there

That's even more surprising. I'm wondering how easy it is to push over at normal viewing angles.

I wonder how Panos Panay feels looking at this image.

So which line is the moneymaker for Lenovo now? Thinkpads or Yoga?

iPad pro >>>> this gimmick shit

That second screen is the most retarded thing I have ever seen. How did they thought it is a good idea? Just because its different doesnt mean its good.

chinkphones

If Steve Jobs was alive the ipad pro would've never happened.

surface book hinge is probably more versatile but then again the device is twice as heavy as the lenovo

the lenovo book is really geared for portability and ad hoc use - not a laptop replacement

They can probably make the drawing surface feel more like an intuous pro. Also drawing on the screen directly has other challenges like perfecting the cursor offset and paralax

Why? iPad pro is one of their best products.

Sure, its not ready to replace your laptop yet, but they are giving devs and everyone else the tools they need to make it. Sooner rather than later it will be.

Simply because its more practical than traditional computers and that is what people want.

This shit from lenovo doesn't even compare. Just the fact that the keyboard/writing screen is attached at all times completely destroys the concept and usability of a tablet. And why would you choose to write on a separate screen if you can do on the actual screen?

Making the iPad pro is essentially admitting MS won the pro tablet war and apple is playing catch up. Steve Jobs would've found the kickstand to be distasteful

Not really, windows is shit on tablets. All their useful software is made to be used with a m+kb. iPad pro is miles ahead.

Meh, it's okay. When they bring the 9.7" down to 340g like the Mini and put in the A10 processor, then it will be good.

What do you expect?

>tablet running desktop software with made-for-desktop UI design and controls
>it's a feature!

just a reminder that the original courier concept had no keyboard input capability

i.e. not really fully functional from a type input efficiency model

Im just saying why the surface fails compared to the iPad.

Microsoft even tried to get people to make tablet ready software with the windows store but its a huge failure.

Meanwhile the app store is getting more and more professional grade software. Even microsoft themselves have already ported the full office suite. It works because companies know they can make money with the appstore.

>an actual real life device looks more sleek and advanced than a designer's concept art

wow