I really miss those seats

teh rei

blyat

UMPC Collection

why

Found this random picture online when searching for a review of a monitor

info on this thing?

W00t.
And here I am currently unloading my Model M / Model F collection from my car (moving)...

Still reposting my //e dumb terminal, because I'm currently out of town.

When I get back, I'll make a post showing off the Contiki Web browser.

lolwut

current project: put a soundblaster awe64 in my unisys cwd and replaced cpu with a trinityworks powerstacker (amd am5x86) kit, oveclocked to 160mhz. the powerstacker is a bit taller, so I cut a hole in the hard drive mounting bracket with tin snips (will clean it up with a dremel later). the old hd won't fit in the case now, so I intend to replace it with a cf card adapter. that, some more ram, and i'll have a pretty nice dos mini system

compuserve and delphi

and 15 baud or some shit

Damn, I had that same setup with the printer and everything. It was weird how the PSU was built into the monitor.

>those arrow keys

hol up

>up-left arrow
>two down arrows
>seperated by function keys
>tiny space bar on its own row
Im gonna do this one day on a mech keyboard. Just wait, ill post screencaps.

What's the actual reason for the arrow keys being like that? Have the keys in your pic been replaced or something?

OH LAWD What keyboard is that I need it

Bumping for sauce

Where is that user with the SUN? Found the abandoned one at work. It's a maxed out Ultra 40.

Wasn't that pretty common back in the day?

Yup, it was my first PC as well.
I didn't buy the printer, though.

Also, it taught me what a ROM drive was. Motherfucker.

A SUN without SPARC is like a Mac without PPC or SGI without MIPS.

Yeah. But for free it's ok.

True. I would sell it on ebay.

I think I will keep it as a nicely built linux workstation. But I already have a proper Celsius, so I don't know what i will use it for...

Bumping.

>cuk
kek

ru.wikipedia.org/wiki/Апогей_БК-01

heres a link to russian wiki

Bomp

I'd also like to know keyboard type

Are there good Sun-like cases nowadays?

Nah, Sun and x86 have a long history, and they still run Solaris 10 just fine. Would make a great development box.

standard issue on HP Vectras/terminals/everything else they shipped in the late '80s and early '90s

probably HP-HIL but maybe they shipped PS/2 ones later down the road when they stopped using HIL in their PCs

There are no good cases nowadays.

looks more futuristic than the edgy tryhard cases of today

all these plebs

>//e dumb terminal
Super serial card or ethernet?

Super serial card. I use the Uthernet II card for Ethernet.

what's that? opengl test video?

Should we be impressed? That's not even mediocer...

You better not be retarded on purpose.

well I need another desk and better lightning and a camera

still better then most of them here

>this thread is a competition to show off my garbage
>must show off my hobby that's laughable to most people
Even so, it's still mediocer. Just x86 boxes and only first two are actually anything to talk about.

this is the last one in the row, a superior 386 with a "blow out" case

This is my //e using Contiki. I'm using my Raspberry Pi as a WiFi bridge.

Can post more details if anybody is interested.

calm down fampire it's just a ruse

His commie 286 is breddy good anyway

Been considering picking up one of the pre-MDD Powermac G4s since they can be had for cheap

PC100/133 memory makes me wary though, it'd be nice to be able to run OS X 10.4 or 10.5 without being sluggish

Is a G4 mac worth it for €15? Will any old monitor work with it?

10.4 itself is okay on an SDRAM system but surfing the web with JS on requires patience

pretty much pocket change, go for it
they'll take any shit peripherals you can throw at them

Are we talking about the look or the functions?

I wouldn't even put 10.5 on a G4 unless you had more than 1GB of RAM 1GHz+ CPU. I don't think the G4's have SATA either, although I could be wrong. You can buy a SATA controller, but you would have to make sure it's supported.

even then 10.5 is kind of useless on PPC unless you're really in to the UI enhancements, you lose classic compatibility, performance potential even on newer systems, and don't really gain much in support or anything else since most stuff that supports PPC at all supports 10.4 anyway

Any good retrocomputing IRCs?

My attraction to 10.5 is that it's the oldest reasonably supportable OS X version for app development. There's a number of APIs and quality of life improvements in 10.5 that are hard to give up. I guess I could go back a version further but that makes it harder to make sure everything looks and acts right all the way from the minimum supported version of OS X up to 10.12, whereas if you're targeting 10.5 it's somewhat easier.

I've been considering getting one of these 8-bit kit computers but I am not confident in my soldering ability. Never soldered anything with ICs before.

rc2014.co.uk/

You can get a C2D iMac that supports the latest version of OS X for less $250-$4050 and you can upgrade the RAM and HDD. It also will have a very nice IPS screen.

Probably the cheapest way to do iOS/OS X development.

oops that should say "$250-450"

I have a 2015 15" rMBP w/dedicated graphics. Access to a Mac isn't the issue; I have an old (12+ years) project that I'm modernizing and I'm trying to gracefully drop support for older versions (and PPC) not dropping any version unless I really have to. It's a simple program and there's no reason for it to require anything near the latest OS.

The tower would be used for testing and development on 10.4/10.5 and PPC. For old versions of x86 OS X I can just spin up a VM (doing this with 10.5 x86 right now).

I just got one like this for 5 dollaroos. Leading Edge Model M

with you there, easier to justify it looking at it from that angle

Would you look at that, pictures we haven't seen a 1000x already.

Do these have a benefit or they just for fun?

Fun and historical preservation. People keep impractical and inefficient cars running for the same reasons

Trying to get texttop working on my //e at the moment. Keep getting "Cannot connect to the Docker daemon. Is the docker daemon running on this host?"

Here's a video about that kit

youtube.com/watch?v=OtpaY8VD52g

My bad, this is the video I meant to post.

youtube.com/watch?v=lU2NKHJygD8

Fuck, this looks fun and informative. Don't know if I would blow money on it, but that's inspiring.

t. that guy with the Intel SDK85

Who /retrogaming/ here? I'm getting a SNES next week and I'm pretty excited about it. It'll be connected via scart to my wega crt.

Being a weeb back in the day must have been really isolating before the rise of imageboards.

Were there old weeb forums and IRC chats for the oldschool weebs of yore?

Helped some milf clean out her storage and she gave me this. Televideo TVI-912C terminal. Works and in great condition

yes
youtube.com/watch?v=hWq4DWfrpu8

I've wanted to build a kit computer forever but no space, time, nor resources to go as full-out autistic on it ass I want to

>ass I want to
I'm going to bed.

Oh look, someone puked all over this room.

>IDE port
Obviously a PATA connector

Haha fukn millenialz amirite

>most millenias are probably older then PATA
No, just kids nowadays who don't know shit.

back in my days, we called it ATA and not PATA

But after SATA came outs it's retroactively called PATA to avoid confusion.

Fresh installation of feelings and memories. Now I need some drivers...

And you didn't even have to screw her? Score non-the-less.

>triggered

Real nice, what LCD is that?

I want to see it in action!

you know MS went downhill when they ruined Paintbrush