IOS 10

I have an iPhone 5s which I love. It's perfect size for me and nice design and has headphone jack. Problem is I remember iPhone 4s owners got fucked over when Apple released ios 9 as it slowed the phone to a crawl. Will same thing happen to iPhone 5s on iOS 10 even with the new feature of letting you delete most of the 30 or so factory apps that come with the operating system? What are the risks I run keeping mine on iOS 9.3.5 forever? And in case anyone asks I can't afford to upgrade to an iPhone 6s (not getting the 7 because of lack of headphone jack) until spring when my next round of student money comes in.

Bump

iOS 10 doesn't allow you to delete apps, just hide them. It's not like they slow down the system anyway, they're not running.

Just wait for the jailbreak for 9.3.5 to come out (it's pending rn) and enjoy your phone for a few more years while the OS is good. I'm assuming 10 won't add very important things, and even if they are huge improvements they can be added with Cydia

5s is 10 times faster than a 4s. It will take a lot more than iOS10 to slow it down.

>jailbreak
kys

I would assume you're safe. The iPhone SE is basically a 5 series iPhone anyway, so it's unlikely that they'd gimp a device that only recently hit the shelves with iOS 10.

No. The SE is the guts of the 6S in a enclosure.

All around terrible post

So just wait a few weeks and see what other people say.

>I remember iPhone 4s owners got fucked over when Apple released ios 9 as it slowed the phone to a crawl

>iPhone

Found your problem.

Android pulls same shit

I actually thought this was a meme intill i checked.

I work for apple.
You're fine, I've done basic testing on older devices.

Not sure why you'd use it though, I personally hate it and have been using it throughout beta.

OP I'm also interested in this, I own a 5s and I remember when I had a 4 it slowed down upon upgrading the OS. I'm currently on 8.4, did you see any slowdown when upgrading to 9.3.5 or the variations before?

And as a question to you or anyone who knows, what version has the best jailbreak software and is there a mechanism to upgrade the OS to that specific iteration without going to the current version, should that be necessary?

1. Throw iShit in iTrash.
2. Buy a real phone.

My advice would be to wait and see what it does to other peoples phones. The newer phones have a lot more RAM making it possible for the new software to require more than your phone should use.

Sell it before Applel flips the kill switch.

>i worked for apple
fixed

HEADPHONE JACK WILL STILL BE ON IPHONE 7, ITS JUST PROPOGANDA BY ANDROID FAGS

ALL ANDROIDFAGS MUST DIE IF YOU DON'T HAVE A QUALITY APPLE PRODUCT YOU DESERVE TO BE GASSED

This thread is retarded. Why not wait for reviews and forum posts before updating?

Because I'm impatient

No slowdown when I upgraded yet but iOS 10 file is undoubtably bigger that iOS 9 file.

Are you talking about blackberry or windows phone?

>applel

I thought grinder (as in 2 chicks grinding pussies) was a lesbian tinder? What's with the sausage fest?

expect to have your ram eaten entirely by iOS 10

>The iPhone SE is basically a 5 series iPhone anyway
iPhone SE is the fastest phone Apple offers because of its small screen size and use of the 6S's electronics.

Terrible example.

Hey everyone, I have a quick question about my iPhone 5C. I put this in Sup Forums in the context that I found the phone, bc I didn't want them to laugh at me, but basically I spent 80$ on an iPhone 5C from some dude on kijiji, and another 200$ to repair its screen, only to find out the phone must have been stolen or just found somewhere. It wont connect to my SIM card at all, and is basically acting like an iPod.

Is there any way I can get it to connect to my SIM card? If not, I heard that the lock-out doesn't affect foreign SIMs, so could I theoretically sell it to someone abroad and it would definitely work for them? If I can't do either of those things, I mean I could probably still sell it but I'd be upfront it will never work like a normal phone and possibly could only be used for parts.

thanks for taking the time, i'm just so lost as to what to do because I'm not so good with apple tech, or even tech in general