Why is new tech so shitty now days?

>phones with physical keyboards have gone away
>removable batteries in phones have also gone away
>a couple laptop models have replaced the function keys with a touch screen
>Lenovo is now making a laptop with a touchscreen for the keyboard
>new laptops are designed to make it as hard as possible to upgrade components
>some new laptops don't even have swappable batteries
>we are now seeing the exact same trends that happened with phones starting to happen with laptops
Kill me, Pete.

It's because people are starting to buy things that aren't Apple and realize how good Apple products are

get a desktop

You realize every single phone has a case that has a external keyboard right?

Also you dont need to remove batterys when you have external batterys.

Not to mention just dont fucking buy phones/laptops that dont have what you want retard.

Thanks doc

>You realize every single phone has a case that has a external keyboard right?
You couldn't be more wrong.

>Also you dont need to remove batterys when you have external batterys.
>battery wears over time
>battery now doesn't last long at all
>hur dur just get an charger that runs on 18650s instead of being able to easily replace the battery
No

>Not to mention just dont fucking buy phones/laptops that dont have what you want retard.
Doesn't help when the consumerist shits who drive the markets push companies to drop the things I want.

>Thanks doc

And fuck Hannibal for hating on people for liking olives on their sandwiches.

>18650s
>not glorious 500Wh battery packs with 50C continuous LiPo cells to charge you're phone within 2 minutes

>phones/normalmagnets were ever good

tech got cucked

user, you're thinking of a different picture.

Almost looks like Pepe.

I want newfag cancer to leave

ENHANCE

What makes me really mad is the non-removable battery, i don't think that changing it as the main problem because probably by the time the battery should've died (assuming it isn't faulty) there're more chances the phone itself died (physical damage, screen/memory issue, water damage, nigger'd, etc.), but i had times i needed to do hardware resets because a freeze that makes nothing and i really mean fucking nothing respond and the only way to stop that bug/loop is to remove the battery and restart (some with keys pressed to make a restore).

I tend to imagine it like a motherboard with a soldered battery, no CMOS jumpers and you don't have control over the PSU/electric input other than waiting for it to deplete, one critical error/corruption and you're totally fucked up when the solution could be something as simple as a reset.

The vast majority of people prefer touch screens. This also cuts down on moving parts that can break. This also creates an easier to carry device for those who aren't haxxor e133t and wear cargo shorts.

I would like removable batteries but i can also live without them, I'm more concerned with either better tech advancing or larger batteries being put in devices.

They could maybe find a way to do it in a way that appeals to some but i doubt people will adopt a touchscreen only keyboard on a laptop, the form factor makes it unpleasing to use.

New laptops reduce compartmentalization, and even then it's only a few, but much like mobile devices, it's just cutting away unneeded stuff, although they could probably do it with user replaceable parts still. RAM and at least one M.2 port.

Integrated batteries can be replaced by users, this is more so a push to make it harder for the average Joe to buy a shitty exploding battery for cheap to put into their device. Also, though, they are probably making a move to make it harder for people other than them to fix it.

There are many laptop types.

>a push to make it harder for the average Joe to buy a shitty exploding battery
Considering recent events of 'Note'...
If anything it's that integrated batteries allow engineers to use a lot more internal space for battery rather than having to deal with the housing for the removable section.

Can't would get b&

you know how old people refuse to use new technology because they insist old tech is better? thats whats happening here

I agree but there were only 35 incidents of exploding batteries out of millions of sold Note7's. They did a recall of all devices and are searching into the issue which they will then replace every devices battery.
The availability of cheap, low quality batteries online and the ignorance of technology which must people have, it is easier to have exploding batteries people buy as replacements if the battery is easily user replaceable.

>Less battery is a good thing
>Not being able to replace your battery so you dont have to buy a new phone is a good thing
>Not being able to use your own storage and having to overpay for memory "upgrades"

This is a case of us getting jewed, really.

>not having a parallel port is a good thing
>not having a floppy drive is a good thing
>having an explodey lithium ion battery instead of the tried and tested ni-mh battery is a good thing

I can do it too, gramps.

Sorry, it was a cheap gag and I couldn't help myself.
Non-removable batteries allow people to make batteries like this though. Rigid and safe, but can fit and flow around other components. As battery longevity improves, it'll be the portable battery pack tech that gets some love.

Why has only Sony and Apple started using Li-Ion (LiFePO4) cells on their devices? The durability is insane at 2000 charge cycles compared to 500 of regular Li-ion (LiCoO2) used by everyone else.

Touch keyboards are objectively better on phones, and you can always connect an external keyboard to it.
I agree on removable batteries being better, but you can still take apart some phones and replace the "non-removable" battery if it ever breaks.
Laptops have been a meme for a long time now. You can just hope this touch screen shit won't happen to PCs.

> You can just hope this touch screen shit won't happen to PCs.

CSI level space-time hacking

CHANGE IS BAD GEZ IT AWAY FROM ME OMG LAST DECADE WERE SO MUCH COOLER

>t farmer on horse when seeing a tractor

Because they're trying to make shit simpler. Feels like it wont be too long till mainstream comps can't be upgraded and are as bad as MemeBooks and custom PC's will be expensive cuz it's a fucking niche.

>mfw laptops from 2006 would last 2 hours on a charge and need a new battery within a year because of all the quick and nasty charge cycles.
Modern laptops with internal batteries would easily last 3-5 years with daily use and they usually last a full day on a single charge.
Things just have been removed because progress made them no longer necessary.

Phones are problem though, they barely last a day and quickcharging reduces the lifetime of those batteries even more. Manufacturers are literally designing phones to have a maximum useful life of 2 years.

Everything is designed to die when warranty ends desu, my 8800 GT dies 2 days after the 2 year mark

My laptop with an 8600M GT lasted 8 years, and it had that deathvidia GPU.

Change is fine, a parade of proprietary consumer devices that are nerfed for maximum pleb use that spy on everything you do and soon, what the people around you are doing, is not fine.

What we need is a billionaire prince that wants to blow his billions on open hardware.

Open source stuff is mostly inferior tho

>50C through usb

There's still phones for autists who *need* physical keys like the Priv

Non removable batteries in phones sucks but it ain't the end of the world

This is dumb but just don't buy those laptops

This is just Lenovo testing things out and making meme bux off idiots but it won't go far

Laptops have always been shit to upgrade and generally people don't bother with upgrading laptops anyway

Built in batteries in more expensive laptops is dumb as FUCK but the reason they do this is because it allows them to make a slimmer laptop. Cheaper laptops it's fine like 300 bux and below, it saves on money and parts and allows for a slightly better laptop for less money. However, I'm completely against it in more expensive laptops and they should never do this. Especially when it makes it so if the battery starts to bulge it can fuck up everything see pictures of macbooks with bulging batteries.

>You couldn't be more wrong.

>Complains about tech
>Only talking about consumer grade mobile phones

why do I fucking come here anymore? It's just questions from Sup Forums and absolute bottom of the barrel mobile phone discussion.

No idea.

>doesn't fit in your pocket with your phone
>requires being set on a solid surface to use
>can only have the device at one angle making it annoying to use depending on the the height of the object it's being set on
That replaces phones with physical keyboards about as well as USB mechanical keyboard with a micro USB adapter.

Bah oculus is pretty great and I just tried hololens that is kinda weird but very promising! Crypto currencies made me rich and proved alternative systems work. Cloud computing didn't grow as expected but now any big websites, enterprises or tech people use at least one cloud provider and it's fucking useful! Autonomous cars exist and work!

>laptops, phones, batteries
These are not new tech dude, please evolve!

I fucking hate subway because of this image

More important, everything is based on browser engines.

Profit resides in the lowest common denominator.

>just use these bulky half-assed kludges instead it's literally the same thing!!!
I hate hipsters
You're worse than those retards who go into UMPC threads telling them to use a tablet with a toy operating system and a clumsy bluetooth keyboard instead