raw.githubusercontent.com/wiki/mpv-player/mpv/upscaling/ewa_ginseng.png
raw.githubusercontent.com/wiki/mpv-player/mpv/upscaling/ewa_lanczossharp.png
gist.github.com/Zehkul/25ea7ae77b30af959be0#file-convert_script-lua
hastebin.com/sepozopuzo.lua
forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=173571
pastebin.com/ppwbR3vL
myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=371625&show=50#msg24447731
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

New updates for SSSR and CrossBilateral from Shiandow recently!
Any chances to get them for igv's mpv user-shaders?
github.com/Shiandow?tab=activity

This is what I use with my little netbook/laptop without dedicated graphic card, I use hwdec because my cpu is very limited.
profile=opengl-hq
scale=ewa_lanczossharp
hwdec=d3d11va-copy

I retried the old mpc-hc/madvr stack on my laptop and damn I can't use debanding and jinc for upscaling without choppy playback. That's weird because it should be more efficient with native directx.

>I put in the request, you responded with, "I don't know what this thing is. CLOSED."
I? I never even posted in these issues. Most mpv devs don't lurk let alone post here with haasn and maybe ricon being an exception.

>It's your users who are running into files that they can't play. I put in the initial request so they wouldn't run into suboptimal behavior.
>So it seems mpv users have been running into encodes their player can't handle for quite some time now.
Actually, you put the only requests. No mpv user ever requested this on his own so I have to assume no mpv user ever run into such files. Even when we assume it was not all you (but we know it better, right) then it was exactly one user reporting this so far. One user who stopped answering/posting pretty soon so I guess his interest wasn't that high. He probably just downloaded a better encode.
But you sure like to put it in a way that one might assume this "feature" is used everywhere and all the poor mpv users can't play all these files. :/ In reality though, everybody is using ordered chapters.

>Do they even know ordered chapters exist? Considering it looks like they went and manually inserted sixty-four copies of the NCOP in FMA:B, I'd say, "No."
Considering they use ordered chapters and often have "play all" files I have to assume they do know what it is.

>If you want to argue that mpv's market share is so low that it's statistically probable that they're the only two mpv users in the anime community, I'll accept that.
Kinda doubtful, looking at the members of the mpv group.
Gets even worse when you look at the contributors.

Why copyback?

opengl is more efficient then madvr's directx, unless you have very crappy opengl support in your gpu's drivers.

madVR and vo_opengl have almost nothing to do with each other, neither in operation nor in code. The algorithms are completely different, rely on different graphics stacks, and are presumably tuned for different GPUs.

(vo_opengl is developed using nvidia GPUs on linux, but it performs best on AMD GPUs)

>>Do they even know ordered chapters exist? Considering it looks like they went and manually inserted sixty-four copies of the NCOP in FMA:B, I'd say, "No."
>Considering they use ordered chapters and often have "play all" files I have to assume they do know what it is.
CoalGirls is a loose collection of multiple, mostly independent encoders each more or less doing their own thing.

That's just because AMD GPUs are stronger overall for GPGPU usage.

AMD GPUs are stronger overall period.

(At the cost of power efficiency and driver support)

My old laptop was amd based and it was terrible.
They removed opengl and opencl (useless for mpv) entirely from their official drivers! I had to install the leshcatlab unnofficial drivers.

Why not?

New Krig mode in CrossBilateral is pretty useless right now, a lot of color/edge bleeding.
Nothing useful in SSSR update.

Thanks for the info!

What does "krig" mean?
Why are there so many weird names (lanczos, spline, sinc, jinc, ginseng, ...) in image processing?

to make matters more confusing jinc is actually lanczos too

Don't forget the weirdest one, haasnsoft. ;)
It sounds like russian. :D

spline is pretty much too, and ginseng is sinc + jinc

Sounds like autism desu

You faggots are the equivalent of monster cable audiophiles

github.com/mpv-player/mpv/wiki/Upscaling

Scalers and CPU usage actually make a difference though

But how can you judge, if you are retarded

You would probably have a point if not for the fact that your userbase uses these excruciatingly tweaked and optimised codecs and algorithms to watch shitty hangul comics

I was kidding! ^^"
Probably!

Haasnsoft is just Haasn's own take on Bicubic.

tfw I don't know if I should use spline64 or ewa_lanczossharp

Maybe spline36 with antiringing!

HAAHAHAHA
THE FUCKING SABERFAG
NAMED HIS GARBAGE
HAASNSOFT?
LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
OH MY GOD
PLEASE END YOUR SELF HAASN

He really likes that blur piece of shit filter. He uses bicubic for interpolation, how does he not vomit on panning scenes?

Ever so slightly blurrier than ewa_lanczossharp. Practically identical

Don't ask me. Some people prefer a blurry image with no artifacts or ringing instead of a sharp image with artifacts and ringing.

just use ewa_ginseng

Why not play the video at its original framerate without any convertions or interpolations?

raw.githubusercontent.com/wiki/mpv-player/mpv/upscaling/ewa_ginseng.png
raw.githubusercontent.com/wiki/mpv-player/mpv/upscaling/ewa_lanczossharp.png

shit's identical

11 letters vs 16

>Why not play the video at its original framerate?
Because no refresh rate can display 23.976Hz properly without resyncing. The best you're going to get is 24Hz or 48Hz.

>Without any convertions or interpolation
Because some people watch low quality content (old anime, old movies, old shows etc.) and want to improve it by any means possible. Also there's inherent judder in content that I personally dislike so I use interpolation + 144Hz to get rid of it.

It's just an alias name.
However I still don't understand why did he change scale-radius in his config file and not in the source directly?

Do you use windows? Because I have vomit effect too on win10 but works on linux!

+1 ;)

What are the differences between these two conversion scripts?
gist.github.com/Zehkul/25ea7ae77b30af959be0#file-convert_script-lua

and

hastebin.com/sepozopuzo.lua

>Because no refresh rate can display 23.976Hz properly without resyncing.
You can use display resample and set your screen to 48hz or 72hz. No need for interpolation

>Haasnsoft
>AMD GPUs are stronger overall period.
This is next level shilling
I mean I don't understand why it matters that they are weeaboos or not?

>You can use display resample and set your screen to 48hz or 72hz
Which is what I said?

>No need for interpolation
You're not going to get rid of judder completely with resync only.

None

>You're not going to get rid of judder completely with resync only.
judder != stutter

> Which is what I said?
You said I can set the screen to 48hz but never meantion display resample which actually speeds up the content to 24.000Hz

>You said I can set the screen to 48hz but never meantion display resample which actually speeds up the content to 24.000Hz

I said Resync. I obviously meant resample just couldn't remember the word.

Noob here. What about using custom resolution?
forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=173571

What configurations should I use?

Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) II Neo K125

Processor 1.70GHz

Memory: 2.00 GB (1.75 GB usable)

Graphics: ATI Moblity Radeon HD 4200 Series

Windows Version: Microsoft Windows 10 (10.0) Professional 32-bit

Athlon II K125 1.7 GHz

Might work.

Still less retarded than madshi/madvr!

>This is next level shilling
But they are. It's the drivers that are shit, AMD has always been more advanced in terms of features. Just look at DX12 and Async Compute

Yes it works and with bitstreaming too.

>Just look at DX12 and Async Compute

Which is irrelevant for a video player.and in no way indicative of performance.

Either way the point is moot because any modern GPU and run mpv/madvr at high settings.

>AMD has always been more advanced in terms of features. Just look at DX12 and Async Compute
user, the amount of stupidity you just showed on that comment is enough to not make me want to participate in a conversation with you.

Now because I am a good guy, please use your brain-cells and figure out whats wrong with that sentence.

AsyncCompute for image upscaling!
Is it really useful?

We were talking about "stronger overall", not what's better for playing videos or upscaling

If i wanted to be able to render, with audio, as many videos at once as possible on GNU/Linux

What GPU should I buy?

I assume mpv is the program which can handle the most simultaneously.

I don't mind if i have to use binary blobs to get better performance either.

In a thread about a video player.

Sure.

It was stated right here

What is this shit and why would I use it instead of creating a custom resolution at 72hz on my nvidia control panel and using mpv with interpolation and a tscale of my choice?

nvidia

>We were talking about "stronger overall"
[spoileralert]Nvidia is still stronger[/spoileralert]

I like to compare NVIDIA vs AMD the same way I compare whites to blacks

Black men have 20 inch cocks, but are flaccid as fuck
White men have 2 inch cocks, but are hard as fucking STEEL

Which do grills prefer? Which do YOU prefer?

Thats a low powered CPU.

Just try vo=opengl-hq

If it runs without any drops/delays in full screen, you're good. If not, drop it down to vo=opengl

You're dumb as fuck.

Don't tell me you have a flaccid small dick?

so a 1080?

Your dick analogy is as weak as food analogies. Come up with a proper argument and maybe I'll discuss it with you.

> discussing

You're clearly taking things too seriously

That depends on how many videos you are going to run simultaneously.

That depends on how many i can run, basically as many as nicely divide my viewing resolution.

But someone in another thread says CPU bottlenecks you way before video.

What do you even want to do?

play a lot of videos at once

Not if you use hwdec, but I don't know how many videos it can handle simultaneously.

sweet, so i could even use my gpu _and_ cpu to decode video?

Yes I got that, but are you trying to look at multiple camera feeds to catch a thief or something? For what purpose?

i want a beefy comptuer for other reasons and this is one use

Fap to multiple fetishes at once?

the same video at multiple start times

I love mpv.. and this is coming from a Winfag.

kunfig pastebin.com/ppwbR3vL

>mpv group
>most of them have anime profile pic
kek'd

>pastebin.com/ppwbR3vL
>hwdec=no
>framedrop=vo

You do know these are defaults right you fucking faggot? I swear you haven't even read the wiki.

How much more demanding is opengl-hq (with deband=no) compared to default opengl

Who cares? You might want to change them in the future, or maybe the defaults change (unlikely with those options, but still…)

>You might want to change them in the future, or maybe the defaults change

What the fuck am I reading.

not much

>I swear you haven't even read the wiki.
Actually I have (of course, not all of it) but I don't always remember which settings are default and which are not.. I'm still trying to get around everything, playing and trying out different settings.. right now I'm pretty happy.

>ytdl=yes
is on by default
>saving screenshots as jpg
>disabling volume max
for what reasons

Im definitely in that club.

Got a 144 hz monitor and I force interpolation all the same. I cant notice the low framerate that easily on my 60hz TV because its a little shit and has some crazy ghosting. But my gayman monitor makes panning shots ugly as hell.

I'd rather some blur than watch shit stairstep across the screen.

QUESTION: Would what im describing technically be temporal aliasing?

Also does Nyquist Sampling apply to supersampling? IE, if you shoot a photo, you ideally should at twice the resolution before downscaling and it will pick up everything right?

>hwdec=no
I personally change it a lot.

Don't really see the point in having framedrop=vo though.
for what reasons?

>Windows faggot
>Enforces default settings for some weird reason
>Uses settings with negative effects for some weird reason
Every single time. It's always the Windows fags.

>is on by default
thanks
>for what reasons
Why would I save a screenshot as png? It's going to make the file unnecessarily big, I'm okay with the unoticable loss of quality.. And as for the volume.. some vids I download have ridiculously quiet audio tracks. It happens sometimes..

>I force interpolation all the same.
What tscale? Not even bicubic gets rid of all the sutter in panning scenes for me (i have a 60hz monitor)

>What tscale? Not even bicubic gets rid of all the sutter in panning scenes for me (i have a 60hz monitor)

Maybe you should stop and think for a second that your shitty poorfag 60Hz monitor is the problem.

The 24fps stutter happens on every screen

The gravity of the effect depends on your monitor.

3-1 MB size for an actual quality screenshot.

It all depends on the scene to be honest.

Majority of my 1080p screenshots are aroudn 2.1-5 mb and 720p around 1.16mb to 800-700KB's

screenshot-format=png
screenshot-png-compression=1
screenshot-png-filter=0
screenshot-tag-colorspace=yes
screenshot-high-bit-depth=no

>Uses settings with negative effects for some weird reason
elaborate?

doesn't change the fact that a JPEG file is still way smaller.. for a negligble loss of quality.

Heh, Coalgirls were notorious for using ordered chapters back in 2010/2011, one of the reasons they got much salt and hate from users. Not all of their releases used it though.
myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=371625&show=50#msg24447731

Linux (and OSX) users would remember there were no players which can properly play ordered chapters around that time, VLC and mplayer didn't support it, and IIRC mplayer/mplayer2 fork started because mplayer was shit slow at implementing new features like it