Sup Forums why should I use MPV over VLC?

Sup Forums why should I use MPV over VLC?

VLC loads a ton of libraries on startup and tends to have stuttering problems. MPV does too, but stutters less on startup.

Not OP but VLC loads up instantly and never stutters for me.

I have problems with mpv stuttering on my videos over the network yet VLC does not.

SMPlayer

Yeah, and that's why it will never be fixed. It happens to some people, but not others, so the VLC devs never bother fixing it. It's more of a gamble.

At least the last time I used it, f you have ever tried loading video over http VLC used a constant 300ms buffer for video. Even tiny losses of data (say over wifi) cause it to stutter.

The buffer should be adaptive, but sadly it isn't. Try VLC out on your phone to see what I mean.

Real men use Realplayer and do core exercises while it buffers.

>tends to have stuttering problems

VLC is specifically built to stream video. It doesn't check frames backwards, so it has very poor error correction. The memes of video getting corrupted when playing in VLC are real.

Depends if you have a thing for vaporware

Are you using Windows?

one is comfy, the other is useful.
no difference otherwise.

that looks both ugly and comfy

Only time i had that problem was on a old P3 from 2001 that couldn't handle 720p.

This guy knows what's up

To me it just feels much smoother. Also VLC got too much crap on the UI. I decided to try mpv out when I changed distros and I don't want to touch VLC ever again.

I always used vlc but might change now. Saved a video from instagram and the vlc colors looked worse when I did.
looking at mpv or mpc-hc which is best?

Make some space for the true patrician player.

why does vlc use a shit load of cpu when trying to load a file that doesn't exist?

use neither

get mpc + madvr

i only had stuttering on audio for VLC 2+. I use 1.1.11. I don't know why every iteration after two flower gave me problems.

This.
If you can't afford Windows, you're going to need both mpv and VLC, because neither can play everything.

Windows? Use MPC-HC + CCCP. (Just install CCCP it includes MPC-HC)

If linux, use MPV via a frontend like SMplayer.

VLC is not made for regular video playback, even says it in its name.

I believe K-Lite Standard is more up to date than CCCP at the moment.

Is it?

Then go with this, obviously. I can't fathom really noticing too much of a difference between either, but I hear KLS is a lot better anyways

to satiate and alleviate your autism

VLC was designed for streaming. The quality I get from MPC is better than VLC, though VLC does have some features that MPC lacks, like video cropping.

It happens on the latest and greatest hardware, too - it's a software issue.

You shouldn't.

Use VLC or MPC-HC+madVR.

>mfw not piping your playlists to mplayer

I am a different stranger and it does not happen to me unless I am playing something off of a UDF file system.