Propaganda

I've been wearing contacts for four years now while always making sure to change them out every 2 weeks like the packaging says.

I moved last december and did not order any new pairs before I left. Then procrastination kept me pushing the errand off. I've been wearing the same contacts for 8 months now.

9 months of no eye irritation, loss of lense form, or vision effectiveness. Was it all a lie to get my money?

Other urls found in this thread:

dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2687477/Student-goes-blind-keeping-contact-lenses-six-months-microscopic-bug-EATS-eyeballs.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

:)

>using contact lenses
>not using superior glasses

You are damaging your cornea with this behavior. And thus an infection might destroy your cornea and you will need a transplant which is not an ideal solution cause the infection is difficult to treat and may destroy your new transplant. I was told to avoid contact lenses and use them only in occasions (playing football etc).

source: my ophthalmologist

>current year
>not having at least 20x20 vision

Don't pass on your inferior genes.

>same contacts for 8 months now

Have you ever considered LASIK?
If you wear contacts for too long, you won't be able to have that operation.

It's the same thing as expire date for food. It's not mandatory, just raccomended because they become dirty over time, you can clearly see the color turns into yellowish the more you use them.

I also used to wear mine a lot more than recommended, I changed them only when they were drying.

After a while I did the femptosecond LASIK btw.

same. ive been using the same ones for about 7 months now.

I use the same pair for months in a row, or even more than a year. The problem is majority of people are retarded, don't keep the clean or take proper care, so in other to avoid being sued, they tell you to change them every 2 months or so. If you are careful and as long as the contacts don't bother you, you can keep using them.

I've been wearing contacts for 18 years. Theres not technically a need to switch them out but it us good from a hygeine standpoint or especially a comfort standpoint. I can feel when mine get old and I just switch them out when they bother me.

my advice is -- don't fuck around when it comes to your eyes. sure, they might last 8 months, 12months or years, but if something goes wrong, your vision is on the line. not worth it.

Clean them out, this can be really dangerous, fampai.

>dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2687477/Student-goes-blind-keeping-contact-lenses-six-months-microscopic-bug-EATS-eyeballs.html

the people in this thread are discussing using the same pair for a while, you still take them out every night before you go to sleep.

I only wear contacts when I've lost my glasses or I'm doing something where glasses can't be worn. Personally I find glasses far more convenient and, where contacts can be dangerous to your eyes, glasses actually protect your eyes.

I am aware, however there still is a risk of them getting some shit on them

>a microscopic bug devoured her eyeballs
Now I'm going to live in fear for the rest of my life. Thanks a lot, faggot.

That amoeba is scary but it pretty much only get on the contact lens if you treat them like shit and dont keep them clean in the first place. Still, regularly replacing lenses reduces the risk even more.

I wear daily disposables because I just don't want to deal with maintenance. Been there, done that, have the t-shirt, 0 stars on Yelp.

Eventually though, I plan on getting LASIK or something similar.

You're welcome desu

>amoeba
>bug

I used to wear glasses but I got eyestrain headaches all the fucking time, I mean like once a week. Since I started wearing contacts the only headaches I get are occasional tension headaches from muscular stress in the neck. I have maybe 3 a year. I still have a pair of updated emergency glasses but I feel like I'm looking through a fishbowl with them and I feel the eyestrain again as soon as I put them on.

Im with this guy

I was doing research on this same thing a couple of months ago. The people that are agains using lenses, e.g the ones that opt for changing regularily, always give off that vibe of being shills and never sound sincere in their advice

That being said...I dont like being fucked over by the corporations, being 'mandated' to spend money on shit I dont need to pay for, much like the newest cell phone, recent laptop models etc etc...however, I dont consider paying extra 100 bucks a year for contacts being fucked by the big corporations, I consider it paying for ease of mind, and in an extreme case, not being blind on one/both eyes and thinking "why the fuck didnt I just dish out

I'm wearing montly contact lenses for more than 10 years now, I keep them for 1.5 months, always.

>Dailymail as a source ever.

>luxury
>contacts
Eh? I wore them for a few months straight. Never got over the feeling of putting shit in my eyes and it was always a hassle to go to the bathroom and take them out instead of just going straight to sleep when I was tired. Also, I lost one up above my eye after sleeping with it in, and it was a hassle to get out.

>Didn't take them out once, didn't clean them in six months
>Thailand
Of fucking course you'll get infections/bugs if you don't practice any kind of hygiene. Dirty fucks.

>concerned about something rare in only particular situations
>never heard of eyelash mites

Hard contacts?
Yeah hard contacts are shit. I literally cant feel soft contacts within the 30 seconds they take to settle in my eyes.

n-no

I used soft disposable. I never said they were noticeable when they were in.

This, they tend to get "dry" when used for a long period of time.
I usually change them every 1-2 months.

Luxury!?!

I wouldn't be able to put them in once, let alone every day. Are you fucking kidding me? Fuck that, I'm fine with glasses.

Whats the matter? They pop right in, its easier than taking a dump. Takes me about 15 seconds to put both in every day.

my eyes are very sensitive and I can't even rub them with my fingers without shedding acid tears. I have to use a cloth. No way I'm putting something in there.

I think most people who have problems with lenses have used shitty ones. I've been using monthly air lenses for over a decade and their comfort is unmatched by glasses. Sometimes I forget I'm wearing them but they do tend to become drier and opaquer the longer you use them that's true.

I usually use them for two months and then get a new pair, while making sure to put them in hydrogen peroxide once every week (usually on weekends).

>20x20
>Sup Forums muh genes