Adblockers are killing the free web

Other urls found in this thread:

dailymail.co.uk/home/index.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>implying it's not the ads fault they are blocked
>implying they would be blocked if they wouldn't track everything you do and fitting onto a websites design
>implying those companys don't earn enough money anyway
>implying the Jews don't control the internet
>implying I didn't sage

>can't afford paying $12 a year
poorfag detected

I didn't imply that and this only removes ads from this one site

Oh look, its this post again.

remind me when the "free" websites stop hogging the memory of supercomputers with their stupid ads and scripts. browsers can't even handle websites anymore.

>Not wanting to block shitty "Share to Facebook/Reddit/G+/Twitter/Instagram" buttons on all websites

>7mb webpage
I miss web 1.0

Wikipedia and Consumer Reports don't need advertisements to survive because they actually contribute something of value.

Websites that rely on ads don't deserve to exist.

And the free internet is killing anything of quality.

#ADLIVESMATTER

merely a babby compared to mail online

dailymail.co.uk/home/index.html

This

it's simple
whitelist the pages you use, block all the random garbage you google search

It's the website's fault for relying on an anti consumer and unreliable method of making profit.

I have the right to control what scripts/elements I want to see, and which ones get blocked. If these websites are so worried about ad blockers they should think of alternate methods of making money.

You acknowledge and agree that:

(a) By using the Internet, the Software, the Service and/or the Content, you may be exposed to contaminated files, computer viruses, eavesdropping, harassment, electronic trespassing, hacking and other harmful acts or consequences that might lead to unauthorized invasion of privacy, loss of data, and other damages.

I love it already.

>t. Blogger who only has a job making shitposts about his life

>Adblockers are killing content farms
ftfy

The web is already killed.

>if I turn off uBlock/uMatrix, my computer slows down significantly when viewing that website
>my computer has no problem running AAA games up to 2012, possibly later
>there are websites which perform similarly that actually require allowing JS to even view text on the page, such as my ISP's website
I hope the people responsible for this spend their afterlife getting raped by lions, tigers, and other big cats with their barbed penises.

modern websites are really shitty and bloated. they have an ugly faux-minimalist "responsive" flat design style, but tons of unnecessary javascript, ads, and tracking. on top of that, the off-site JS and ads by itself are potential attack vectors for malware.

I remember the early 2000s when most mainstream websites were lightweight, elegant, and fast. you could load them on a 56k modem without problems. ads consisted of simple unobtrusive banners, buttons, or text links, and javascript wasn't really necessary. the web has really gone down the drain.

modern web """developers""" seem to use javascript for everything, even when completely unnecessary

>even when completely unnecessary
Like when they use JS instead of CSS?

Did they just say they are only 1% better than their competitors and honestly the faster loading is probably going to get negated by loading 4 times more ads.

>its the ads fault they are blocked
victim blaming shitlord :^)

>not putting content on the internet for the sake of getting information out there
I can pay for the power and internet it takes to host a site. that's my responsibility as the owner of a site, not the users'

Images also consume a lot of bandwidth. I have some small static website where everything except the HTML is cached. It needs about 2kb on the second load but as soon as you go to the pages with images it can go up to 2 megabytes for six images.

ADS MUST DIE !!!!!!!!!!!!!

A FREE WEB IS A WEB WITHOUT ADS, WITH TRUE FREEDOM.

EMBRACE IT, BE FREE OF THE MONEY, BE FREE.