Did anyone fell for the kabini meme? how good/shit is it...

Did anyone fell for the kabini meme? how good/shit is it? I'm going to build a computer for my parents and that seem like the best option, what would the best option be for light web browsing and youtube?

Other urls found in this thread:

anandtech.com/show/10635/intel-quietly-launches-apollo-lake-soc
cpu-world.com/CPUs/Jaguar/AMD-Athlon 5370.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

It's a great CPU for the price. However, I've found that used Sandy Bridge i5s are available at similar prices.

That being said, there are a number of videos pairing the 750ti with the 5350 and achieving excellent results in games when price is taken into account.

For light browsing and Youtube, the cheaper dual core sempron would achieve what you want.

Get a Q1900M instead of that shit

I think it would be better to pay the extra 50 or so dollars and get one of the FM2+ APUs or Athlons instead. There's very little reason to get a dual core on a desktop so I don't recommend going with one of those.

But there's more quad cores on AM1 than dual cores.

anandtech.com/show/10635/intel-quietly-launches-apollo-lake-soc

Apollo Lake is better with HEVC hardware decoding & VP9 hardware decoding

Kabini meme is outdated & irrelevant

They're all pretty low performance though. I think it would be okay-ish for what you intend to use it for but I have an E350(Zacate) based laptop and the thing struggles on facebook just playing flash games and opening up the front page. Kabini would be a bit faster than that but I wonder if it would be fast enough.

There is also the low end on the Intel side like a pentium or i3.

works perfectly for my parents, paired with some cheap ass r5 220. My dad can even play the older basic games he likes.

>Kabini would be a bit faster
Athlon 5350 would be about twice as fast as the E350.
>low end on the Intel side like a pentium or i3.
Celeron is a lot cheaper than i3 and buying a pentium is retarded.

the 5350 is only $30 now, pretty solid

I'd take the 25W TDP in a tiny near passively cooled system over an i5 for a machine like that any day

What I meant to say is "I don't recommend going with a dual core processor", Kabini could be fine. Additional cores can handle background tasks which improves responsiveness of the foreground tasks. Web browsers are mostly multi-threaded also so having more cores/threads is useful there as well. Plus decoding media can benefit from more threads. Quad cores are better as long as you're not concerned with conserving battery life, the difference in power usage is not very much for a desktop.

Ya no the E350 and pretty much all older AMD mobile chips are absolute crap

From what I've seen they work surprisingly well for what they are. If you get the Asus micro atx mobo, you can actually overclock it. There was some goofy British or English guy who held a large tower cooler onto it using a rock. Got his 5350 stable on all 4 cores up to 170 bclk and unlocked the extra 1/2 multiplier to give it 21x instead of 20.5

Arctic alpine or whatever makes a larger heats ink with a fan that's compatible with the am1 platform, would probably get you up to 125+ bclk.

It's pretty comparable to the Intel competition in the respective bracket. Better multithreading, and actually has a pcie controller. Just remember it only runs 4 lanes. I haven't been able to find it again, but I actually seen a review where someone put a 980ti into one of those systems as an example of an extreme bottleneck. It actually didn't significantly hurt performance in gpu bound titles over a high end Intel cpu.

Almost fell for the APU meme, plan on settling with my 4690k for a long time.

>ACCELERATED PROCESSING UNIT
>is literally advertising an integrated GPU as a feature and not commonplace

AMD released another Kabini chip while no one was looking apparently.

Athlon 5370 which has a slight increase in clock speed over the 5350

cpu-world.com/CPUs/Jaguar/AMD-Athlon 5370.html

APU is master race

not sure if you're just acting retarded, but the iGPU on an APU is much faster than 90% of intel iGPUs

Like the FX 8300 it was released in asia only for a long while

kind of pointless to buy unless it's literally the same price as the 5350

My shitty home server runs on a 5150, it's surprisingly good

Runs Plex well enough

Well it's a modest clock bump 2.0GHz -> 2.2GHz

Could be nice but it's $10 more so it might be a little steep. Wont break your wallet though at least.

>the thing struggles on facebook just playing flash games
>flash games
>flash

Found your problem

Get them a Mac.
If you build a PC, if anything stops working because of their retardedness, the first place they'll look to blame is you and your witchcraft.

OP didn't say he was a homosexual though.

The witchcraft part is true, but I'm sure his parents aren't looking to burn their money.

If something on the Mac breaks they'll have to buy an all new $2k computer. On the PC you just replace the part.

Get a used Mac Mini. Saving someone (not even yourself) a hundred bucks isn't worth becoming tech support.
Just werks isn't a meme.

They are pretty good if you can find them at a good price

Apollo Lake will be a good option but wake us up when it will be available on market. Hint: it isn't yet.

Braswell quads aren't that bad either though.

My boss at work told me to look into building new PCs for our office with a budget of 300€ per machine.

I was thinking of going with an AMD APU for this. Any other suggestions?