Do you use Google Now or just disable it?

Do you use Google Now or just disable it?

I use it. I actually enjoy being able to see where I've gone in my map timeline. May be botnet, but it sure is useful.

I like Vanilla.

I disable it.

First time I hear of it.

You're probably an Applefag then.

Disable.

I'm an android user since 2013 and I never tried this thing.

Not even installed on my phone.

I don't blame you. Unless you explicitly install Google Launcher or own a Nexus it's hidden away inside the Google Search app, and who uses that?

Using this is essentially Google rubbing it in your face with how they are tracking you.

You also can't "disable" it.

won't run on my phone for some reason. I guess my privacy settings are too high.

Disabled that shit

Hidden? Just hold the home button and there it is

Its a service you pay for with your privacy

don't fight it. google offers awesome service. all they want from you in return is your soul. i'm still alive. so it's kind of taking half of the soul or something. yah.

Why not use Siri?

I am very much aware of the price.

> owns a smartphone
> thinks he isn't being tracked
If you own a smart phone you might as well use all the Google apps. If it's privacy you want go buy a lan line

>not using cyanogenmod without gapps

You missed the point
No matter what you do software wise there are built in hardware back doors in smartphones or pretty much all modern phones.
I can't wait until someone comes out with open source hardware cellphones

Why hasn't that been a thing yet? Isn't there a pretty big market out there for a product like that?

How is that useful? Do you not have a brain?

"ok google, show traffic to..."

thats it i guess?

I use it every day.

I would use it more if there wasn't an obvious battery difference without it.

well first you need to make the hardware to use the open source os, i doubt samsung, lg, etc. would want something open source on their phones

Getting weather updates and navigation guide is useful as hell

You only need a software radio and one of the many LTE/GSM open source implementations to run your own network.

As a lowly software engie at Google, the company culture is to provide great services for users. Ads are just a way of footing the bill.

Of course, it could be different up in the exec circle.

Apple cannot be beat when it comes to this. Even Microsoft does it better with Cortana. Google just sucks at it. You'd think they'd be the best. They just haven't found their mascot yet.

Hey Google bullshit is awful. Tried Google Now and gave up on it. It's awful and bulky. Siri is 10x better.

>using google anything
Enjoy your botnet

I've heard of it, but never came in contact with it. It's Google's strategy to then claim no one used it even though it's hidden or available through the purchase of a device. Strange. Looks like shit anyway. I thinking about moving to another email provider.

Google Now makes Siri look like Dragon Naturally Speaking and ELIZA.

When they release Google Assistant it won't even be comparable, gmail, recaptcha, gmaps, gvoice... all feeding into the same neural net. Forget about it, Siri doesn't stand a chance.

I use it and it's pretty damn good.
Alwways give me the time I'll take to work, home, places i go every weekend and stuff
I know it's the botnet, but its usefulness outwit its price