I'm thinking of getting Google Fiber, but how do they treat torrenting? My current ISP has been perfect...

I'm thinking of getting Google Fiber, but how do they treat torrenting? My current ISP has been perfect, haven't received a single DMCA notice. I would imagine Google would crack down on this shit a little harder, anyone know?

Other urls found in this thread:

torrentfreak.com/google-fiber-sends-automated-piracy-fines-to-subscribers-150520/
arstechnica.com/information-technology/2013/05/fios-customer-discovers-the-limits-of-unlimited-data-77-tb-in-month/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Are you fucking stupid?

Are you fucking stupid?

Are you fucking stupid?

Stupid, fucking are you?

Are you fucking stupid?

You are fucking stupid?

enjoy da botnet

Are you fucking stupid?

>I would imagine Google would crack down on this shit a little harder, anyone know?
They're the same as any other ISP.

If you're an idiot and download popular shit from public trackers, then you're going to get a notice.

Are you seriously going to trust Google with your privacy? Fuck you, kill yourself.

It's either trust Google and pay $70 for 1GPS, or pay $100 for 45Mbps(AT&T), or $200 for 1GPS(Comcast)

I use Time Warner and I've never had a problem, and I download "popular shit"

If you value privacy at all, choose ANYTHING else. You don't need 1GiB/s. You really don't.

you'd have to be retarded to trust any ISP with your privacy

I think he's talking about the shiniest of two shits

>ANYTHING else
There is nothing else in the US.

Also this You're fucking dumb as hell if you think you have privacy with any ISP.

>You don't need 1GiB/s. You really don't.
Yes.
Yes I really do.
I download TB's of data on a weekly basis.
You can't tell me what I fucking need.

what's google gonna do? give your info to the alphabet agencies twice?

VPN

>Needing a VPN
>Not knowing how to browse the internet without revealing everything you do

so many plebs

Jesus Christ OP... This has to be bait.

>use google's search engine daily
>somehow think using it as an isp will make them double steal your privacy
>some retard will respond that they use duckshitgo or some other obscure search engine with shitty results

kek

user what do you do to keep your privacy and still access the entire net?

As soon as Google detects you torrenting something they automatically send you a fine. Don't switch...
(They give you one warning I think)

Should be fine

I don't understand how Google would be any different for ISP

The fines hold no legal ground, just ignore them and use a VPN while torrenting. Speeds with PIA on google fiber were 300+ mbps so it's perfectly acceptable

why is that so fucking expensive in the US holy fuck

torrentfreak.com/google-fiber-sends-automated-piracy-fines-to-subscribers-150520/

Little competition = no reason to change. Why offer better speeds when they can keep charging more money for the same shitty speeds? They'll take it even further and force data caps to save more money. Who's going to stop them?

The only reason AT&T/Comcast started offering fiber speeds was because of Google Fiber.

Yeah, they send automated fines to idiots that use Kickass torrents or other public trackers.

Show me an article mentioning someone getting an automated fine for downloading from WhatCD, PTP or even BTN.

Then get an enterprise plan for a company, not some consumer scam.

why pay an outrageous amount for an enterprise plan when I can pay $70 for 1gps with no data caps.

I have never been able to get into a Private Tracker.

i always download popular shit from public trackers and i've never had any problems
enjoy your 'merica, the land of freedom :^)

you're not tech savvy enough I guess. I'm in every major one.

consider visiting

If you download multiple Terabytes of data a month, then surely you could
benefit from multiple Gigabits per second of data?

Also:
arstechnica.com/information-technology/2013/05/fios-customer-discovers-the-limits-of-unlimited-data-77-tb-in-month/

basic economics, you charge for things based off of what you know people will be willing to pay for them, not what they're actually worth. Increased demand actually increases the price, not lower it.

Also, as said before, due to a whole buttfuckton of political reasons there's next to no competition. For instance, where I live in Canada (where internet is much worse and much more expensive), local ISP's were putting out propaganda and eventually got the courts to deny entry to a possible competing ISP who wanted to come into the country.

Our service providers literally have us by the balls because they know we have no choice, they even get their own laws written up in a lot of cases, and have next to no accountability for anything. if you have a 20mbps line, that really means 20mbps if no one around you is using it, it will most like actually be like 5-10mbps, and if you call and complain to your isp they just go "lol ok too bad"

Been downloading shit from public trackers for 15 years in the United States. No notices.

>$100 for 45Mbps(AT&T)
TWC doesnt sound bad after seeing that
50/5 line for $70/month
im switching to google fiber once they finish installing the line.
25/25 line for $30/month
i have a tiny file server that auto downloads all my tv shows and my nzb site has an option to push files to my server with a click of a button.
so blazing fast speed isn't needed.
any movie or tv show can be downloaded overnight.
i never watch my shows the same night anyways.
made me check the TWC bandwidth checker
>last month 450GB of data.
wtf? i guess it is because i like to randomly download 10GB movies.

>retards think Google is any different from other American ISPs with respect to data privacy