New, Better, Modern Sup Forums (help me build it)

There's a lot I like about imageboards and Sup Forums but I also feel like there's a few improvements that could be made. I'll just list a few examples below:

1) little dots next to everyones names showing whether or not they are still on the website (grey=offline, green=online). this helps you know whether it's worth replying to someone.

2) little notifications in the corner when someone replies to you, even if you've navigated to a different thread or board.

3) desu i like pseduonymity. ofcourse realnames/psuedonymity/anonymity all have their places but people invest more time and thought into quality posts when they can become cool and popular online as a result of their posting. so like Sup Forums I'd like to give people the ability to register psuedonyms, but not force it! You can still be user (and that's the default). You can also have multiple aliases because no one in /cooking/ needs to know that you browse /furrys/

I have already started building this more modern version. Using best technologies available for maximum number of concurrent users (nodeJS + Golang).

github: cgarvie/dchan

recordit dot co slash lmRRQYR1yJ

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com
recordit.co
twitter.com/AnonBabble

No.

FINALLY not marked as spam. here are those links again:

github.com slash cgarvie/dchan
recordit.co slash lmRRQYR1yJ

Hey if u dont want to that's fine too. just putting this out there in case anyone agrees with the 3 points i wrote in my OP for example.

I'm not making some stupid fucking chat app like Slack. I like Sup Forums and it's old style. The screenshot/video is just the default material-ui theme. later that can be changed.

The problem I want to fix is that i dont know if you'll ever read this.

good luck with your project, it seems pretty cool
i'm too dumb to help, but i'll keep up with the github

Botnet

>1)little dots next to everyones names...
No. Just, no.

>2) little notifications in the corner when someone replies to you
I believe 4canX has this functionality, or something like it

>3)desu i like pseduonymity
Fuck off >>>/reddit/. Plus you've just described tripcodes

You're not supposed to know if that user reads it, unless he replies to your post. That's the point of Sup Forums

You sound like a massive newfag

Cool project,
don't like the idea of logging in and signing up tho,
remove that.

>little dots next to everyones names showing whether or not they are still on the website (grey=offline, green=online). this helps you know whether it's worth replying to someone.

How would you even go about doing this?

>make Sup Forums less racist
>Backtrace ips

Get fucked nigger.

>material design
Fuck off I like how simple and clean Sup Forums is. Material design is a fucking abomination of wasted space and confusion

Get the fuck out

best version of Sup Forums:
- unique IDs per thread like in Sup Forums to reduce confusion
- no names
- no tripcodes
- no post count next to a post
- webp support

>no post count
But then how would you check these dubs?

make sure you ban frogposters

green = active in last 5 minutes, grey = otherwise? It's not exactly rocket surgery

>How would you even go about doing this?

it's already implemented. maintain a salted list of one-way hashes of IPs and logged in user account Ids. disseminate this list to all clients. no one can decrypt it and determine IPs because math.

I actually totally agree. I fucking hate material design. that's the default and it's easy to use w React.

>You're not supposed to know if that user reads it, unless he replies to your post. That's the point of Sup Forums

that's not quite what i said. you won't know that they read it, but you'll know that they were notified.

anyway, i'm not trying to build Sup Forums. I'm trying to build something different but similar in several ways. Each ecosystem with different rules of communication results in new and interesting usage.

>spend days putting together a shitty insecure bb forum version of Sup Forums
>forget that I actually need people to use my website

>1) little dots next to everyones names showing whether or not they are still on the website (grey=offline, green=online). this helps you know whether it's worth replying to someone.
defeats the purpose of anonymity, especially when one can see when the same posts blink out at the same time

>2) little notifications in the corner when someone replies to you, even if you've navigated to a different thread or board.
4chanx does this

>3) desu i like pseduonymity. ofcourse realnames/psuedonymity/anonymity all have their places but people invest more time and thought into quality posts when they can become cool and popular online as a result of their posting. so like Sup Forums I'd like to give people the ability to register psuedonyms, but not force it! You can still be user (and that's the default). You can also have multiple aliases because no one in /cooking/ needs to know that you browse /furrys/
trips nigga

don't even care that it's obvious pajeet bait

>rocket surgery

>cares about anonymity
>posts on Sup Forums

>4chanx

woah. please explain? is this a project of yours?

>it's already implemented. maintain a salted list of one-way hashes of IPs and logged in user account Ids. disseminate this list to all clients. no one can decrypt it and determine IPs because math.
So the users would have to be using your client in order to tell whether or now they were online?
Like, I couldn't tell if a vanilla Sup Forums user was online?

the point isn't to be secure, it's to not be flagrantly stupid

qt, mind sharing your css?

>doesn't know what 4ChanX is
>doesn't post anonymously
S U M M E R
N
E
E
D
S
T O
G O

>register
Nope.

Are you trying to imply it IS rocket surgery?

It won't take off dude. You're trying to give it the Facebook treatment. User friendly, and then there's questions about anonymity.

>1
I would instead opt for a "last seen" time stamp.

>2
4chanx provides this

>3
tripcodes

Even if you had the best ideas in the world, no one would switch over unless the domain of the website was Sup Forums.org. Instead, I would consider trying to get your ideas implemented into 4chanx. Maybe make a fork of it?

You have my blessings user. If it is even possible, could you also write a way to filter through post with anime images. I fucking hate seeing all that shit when I browse. Dont see why the headphones thread has Chinese cartoons etc

Every summer there are a few dozen newfags trying to create the better, modern, Sup Forums. You too will fail.

Why not just rip a clone from infinity-next or node js based chan which updates peoples posts in real time as they type them out

Sounds like Sup Forums just isn't the place for you.

Go away. Be happy on facepage or twatter or fmbler or whatevs.

> 1 not a good idea. What if someone logs out and comes back in a few hours? Anyone can reply to a reply, and it can still be a good conversation. Message boards aren't instant messengers or IRC.

> 2 Could already be done in front-end on top of existing Sup Forums. I think Sage Reader works well for this already, but it's Win10 botnet only.

> 3 gb2reddit

Seems like a lot of squeezing for not much juice.

So, you want to make Funnyjunk?

>1) little dots next to everyones names showing whether or not they are still on the website (grey=offline, green=online). this helps you know whether it's worth replying to someone.

How would you tell whether a person is "online" or not? And why do you think it's not worth replying to them if they're not? Do you only visit fast boards where threads don't survive more than an hour?

>2) little notifications in the corner when someone replies to you, even if you've navigated to a different thread or board.

You mean like the thread watcher Sup Forums already has?

>3)[pseudonyms]
What is a tripcode?

Honestly sounds like you're not even that familiar with image boards.

it has been done, btw

don't remember the name but it is used by Sup Forumsnalbags

Could you make a UWP app so I could run it nice on my netbook

Sage Reader exists already and was even mentioned in this thread.

You're literally retarded.

Doesn't work as well as clover

You're misunderstanding is that most of us like Sup Forums just the way it is which is why we don't use other websites. I don't even use the catalog unless I'm looking for a specific thread.

>login or register

Dont listen to this fucking retards, your changes are pretty awesome, Im eager to check out the source files, only thing Id recommend using another website. github is pretty bad right now. Check out gitgud, its pretty good

I don't see a little dot next to your name, so I can't tell if you're active or not.

Also, tripcode test.

I dont like any of your changes, but its a valuable thing to think about anyway.

Fantastic, now I've made my actual tripcode.

No real comparison since Clover isn't UWP. Sage Reader works well enough for me though. Very comfy on a small tablet.

>frameworks

> register
> spaces in URL

wat? kys

Fuck off, imageboards don't need to be "modernized."

good luck pulling people in
better doesn't mean masses will recognize it

what site like Sup Forums needs is upload of multiple files (like 7ch - it was it's only quality)
it's after all image sharing site and it should cater to those needs as much as possible