Decided to bite the bullet and try this out

Decided to bite the bullet and try this out
Not that bad, memes aside what does Sup Forums think of it
>inb4 botnet

Other urls found in this thread:

play.google.com/music/listen?u=0#/manager
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Good but I wish it didn't automatically delete downloaded podcasts after listening to them, sometimes I fall asleep while listening and wake up to every episode being gone

I migrated all my music into it couple years ago. I had a large, well organized library of cca 15k tracks. Then, through a catastrophic failure and no backups (I know), I have lost all my copies of the files. So I basically have to live in the cloud now music-wise.

Pretty convenient at first but soon you'll realise that it's not worth it giving up your freedom of being able to "micromanage" your library. Tagging on the website is shit, nonexistent on the mobile app.

Just my 2cents. If I could and it wouldn't take 2-3 days of work, I would get back all my music and store it locally.

> Then, through a catastrophic failure and no backups (I know), I have lost all my copies of the files
desu that was more you fault than googles

Local copies and hard drives managed by the user should be chained to the 20th century, filthy plebonian!

The future has been designed accordingly.

666 post
with the music manager you can actually download all your songs again and they will be organized in folders

I use it for storing music.

Need to tag it all with picard or a similar tool before you upload it.

that is exactly what I said

yes, I do this now. but even this way, it sometimes fucks up to pick up the tags and I have hundreds of untagged files, which I can't tag properly on the website.

I know, but downloading 50gb data from a website with a browser is very fail-prone. no download resuming from google servers in my experience.

I didn't know Play Music Explorer didn't work with Marshmallow, so I'm uninstalling it after my youture red trial period ends.

no, here let me show you my friend

Ew, yeah that would be a bitch to fix.
I deleted my entire library and re-uploaded it after tagging it when I saw that play tagging sucked.

Oh god if he wasn't using the play manager to sync his library...

*shudders*

play.google.com/music/listen?u=0#/manager

Shitty UI on all fronts, no opus support, slow as fuck on slightly old phones, useless and clumsily implemented features no one will ever use.
But it's pretty good to backup music.

Since you're forced to use their website/app, I wish they'd make it a little better. Like sorting modes, why can't I sort my albums by artist?

You can...

Now you're just looking at artists... I want to see my albums, but not sorted alphabetically by title but my artist name.

Oh, I see what you mean.
I would never need that so I don't sympathize.

Google Music has advanced beyond the Google Music manager to where it's no longer needed.

My desktop isn't on right now or I would post a screenshot, but in foobar I have it sorted that way by default and it's pretty comfy. I would have to fix my artist tags (for classical I want the composer, not performer) in Google Play Music though, which isn't much fun either currently.

Yeah my use case is like... click Becky G...
>4 albums
Fuck where is singing in the shower.

> tfw activated free 90 days trial and then flashed CM without gapps

WIsh it supported more formats, specifically Opus. It's good though, I've uploaded my library to it.

Google play looks to be one of the better of them