C Sharp

What is the most beautiful language and why is it C#?

Other urls found in this thread:

hackerrank.com/domains/python/py-introduction
letstalkdata.com/2014/08/how-to-write-a-text-adventure-in-python/
wiki.freepascal.org/OpenGL_Tutorial
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

It's C# because fuck you that's why.

Did you mean C?

Segfaults are not beautiful, user

Most beautiful is subjective. It's certainly "better looking" than C++ and Java though. They're two objectively ugly fuckers.

OP, if you start shilling, do it right.

Show me some nice code examples and I might consider..

Depending on your flavor of autism, you may prefer C# or F#.
C# is if you enjoy a little bit of declarative and functional flavor in your traditional programming language.
F# is if you enjoy a little bit of OOP and imperative flavor in your functional programming language.

Neither is pure. But in the same way mixed White-Asian halfbreeds tend to turn out hot, so does C# and F#.

I'm still waiting for the code examples..

nigga you're being pretty demanding for 1 in the morning

APL, Idris, and Haskell are way more beautiful.

Not in my timezone.

Next time you start a thread, you better prepare some content..

I kinda like C#, I really hope it will replace Java someday.
Let's pray for that.

Because it's a half step above C.

yes C hashtag is beautiful

i've never done computer programming in my life. show me exactly the height of what a 19 year-old boy sitting on a home computer could achieve using programming please. i want to start learning a priogramming language, but idk what to even learn if i don't really have a goal in mind.

k

damn you're such a badass bro

This. I wish I knew C# existed before I spent a good few years on fucking java. VS is fucking great for beginners.

eventually, you can achieve alot.

for a start you could try this:
hackerrank.com/domains/python/py-introduction

there are also many more advanced topics

>doesnt think Ada is the most beautiful language

the thing is, i don't wanna do the "hello world" stuff. i need to know exactly the height i could achieve and then i'll start from the basics. i'm just the type who can't sit down and learn/know things for the sake of learning/knowing them. i always need an end goal.

for some reason i can't find shit online of what exactly i could reach. people just always saying "you can make a computer do whatever you want it to do.........." okay, but give me an example of something amazing that i can make my computer do

Post some Ada

You can make your computer recognize the girls in your hentai folder and sort them into folders accordingly.

What the actual fuck, mate? Look at your fucking computer, see the programs running? Well, that's an example of what you can make.

that's pretty beast. is there a quick tutorial to help me do that right now?

Requires image recognition and that requires background knowledge. Start with the basics, work your way up.

note how i say "what can a 19 year old sitting on a home computer do?....."

>Say "Hello, World!" With Python
>Success Rate: 97.59%
>2.41%

Bash.

/thread

Yup, a 19 year old person can do that, maybe not in all the glory and fanciness you see, but simplified version of it, sure no fucking problem.

So am I, but I'm at university working on my graduation. Stop being lazy

>Success Rate: 97.59%
>2.40%

Fixed

the thing with programming is: if you don't know anything, you will just fail so horribly with any non-minimal project. and knowing how to solve a more complicated problem with a strategy like dynamic programming will help you not waste days on something(and repeat that mistake indefinitely).

this site doesn't even tech you design patterns, just to give you a perspective how much you need to know before you can do something.

Ive seen lots of shit from Sup Forums towards C#. Why is that?

Sup Forums hates MS and MS created c#

c# is really an amazing language

MS is shit tho

Because Sup Forums lives in the '70, when garbage collection and OOP was unimaginable.

first, .NET needs to be available on linux, mac, and android

>dotnet
Its literally named after botnet

made by microsoft, supposedly shit cross-platform support, favoured by pajeets, is not C, etc.

By linux you mean GNU/Linux, right?

As far as I know, .NET is supported on Linux and Mac, not sure about android though.

> what is mono

I went to a mostly Java school and I think I put C# on my CV because I had one class where we touched upon it a little. When I got an internship afterwards it was in C# and after actually using it extensively going back to Java shit was hard. Packages don't make much sense when you have namespaces, it's much easier to organize a project that way. LINQ is amazing, readable and fun to use, the Java equivalent is not the same and only compatible with Java 8+ I think. Java forces you to instantiate objects of shit when it's not needed. I'm all for applying OOP consistently for projects where it makes sense, but static helpers make life easier. Visual Studio is a much better IDE than Eclipse and other Java IDEs I tried, too. I also used Objective-C briefly (was a pain), C++ (it's decent), Lua (it's shit) and a bunch of Web shit, but C# is nice and comfy, easily my favourite language. It's too bad .NET is not really cross-platform yet.

I never used F#, where would you use it instead of C# or vice versa?

Can Pajeets even write C#?

I think Rust is more beautifully internally than C#, but C# makes a better appearance.

I don't know, but they are good at writing tutorials for it and its frameworks.

I don't get it.

Microsoft meme to create a walled garden of programming.

Ruby. It's a modern Smalltalk with readable syntax.

What is Xamarin?

What is the CoreCLR?

>Visual Studio is a much better IDE than Eclipse
How so?

>Lua (it's shit)
How comes?

Sounds like you still need to learn that not every language is supposed to be one tool for everything.

99% of C# jobs involve working with Windows and I refuse to work with Windows so the language is not very useful to me.

Instead I focus on C, C++, Java and Python.

Nigga C# stole from Java, it's like exactly the same. The most beautiful language is Python. Prove me wrong.

>Object-Oriented """""Programming"""""

eventSource.ProjectStarted += new ProjectStartedEventHandler(eventSource_ProjectStarted);
eventSource.TaskStarted += new TaskStartedEventHandler(eventSource_TaskStarted);
eventSource.MessageRaised += new BuildMessageEventHandler(eventSource_MessageRaised);
eventSource.WarningRaised += new BuildWarningEventHandler(eventSource_WarningRaised);
eventSource.ErrorRaised += new BuildErrorEventHandler(eventSource_ErrorRaised);
eventSource.ProjectFinished += new ProjectFinishedEventHandler(eventSource_ProjectFinished);

Sounds like you never had to get shit done in life.

Do you wonder ever why embedded systems often use C and Lua instead of C#?

C# is easily my favorite language, but I'm not sure I'd call it the most beautiful.

That being said, you can certainly get it very concise with using static namespace.class;, to the point of almost python levels of brevity outside of method declarations.

I didn't know Lua was used for embedded sys. IIRC C++ is phasing out C in aircraft embedded systems though.

Reminder:
>Roslyn, the C# compiler, is open-source
>Mono, a full cross-platform implimentation of .NET, is open-source
>.NET Core, a lightweight portable version of .NET is open source
>Xamarin is open source
>Red Hat Enterprise Linux ships with .NET installed
>RHEL, Canonical(Ubuntu), Unity, and many others joined the .NET Foundation

Microsoft is still a shit, but at least they're trying.

It's not C# because Object Pascal exists.

> open source
Arguably worse than straight up closed-source software because it makes people think the issue is solved; it's gratis and you can see the source code so all is well right? Well it isn't! The problem with proprietary software isn't just that the source code needs to be available, but it also needs to be redistributable! You see, software freedom isn't a technological issue; it's a sociological one.
I ask that you please stop supporting open source software and instead concentrate on spreading free as in freedom software.

Doesn't change the fact that it's very unlikely to find work involving C# but not Windows.
I'd rather clean toilets than work with Windows.

It IS free as in freedom, you mongoloid.

Basically all of those things are released under the MIT license, which is more free than the restrictive GPL.

All of those things are freely redistributable.

Then you should please refrain from using the term "open source" and use "free", "libre" or "F(L)OSS" instead since otherwise you're just focusing on the technological aspect of software freedom, which ignores the larger sociological issue. Thank you for understanding.

>sociological issue
Spoken like a true gommie now!

You should refrain from being an autistic faggot and do some research before you claim that something referred to as "open-source" alone must not be free.

This is why no one takes you freetards seriously.

Reminder that the FSF has always been an explicitly commie organisation right from the start.

Software referred to as "open-source" is _potentially_ not free.
Clearly it's better to use unambiguous speech when available.

No wonder free software succs.

>C# is the best
>C# is free software
>Free software sucks

= C# sucks

If verbiage is ambiguous, your first instinct should be to inquire and research, not to accuse.

Your response to immediately claim "WELL IT'S NOT FREEDOM" is what makes you a faggot.

Again, do your research first, or even just ask "Is it free as in freedom?"

But, no! You came in and decided that you needed to be a flamboyant cock-sucking freetard and spout faggotry in a misguided attempt to educate[?] someone without knowing the facts.

>Free software sucks if it isn't backed by a major organization with a vested interest in the usage of the aforementioned software
Fix'd.

You can be like Mr. Robot if you learn Python.
You can make games... Battlefield was written in Python.

Here is a good tutorial about making a simple adventure game: letstalkdata.com/2014/08/how-to-write-a-text-adventure-in-python/

wiki.freepascal.org/OpenGL_Tutorial

>C# is the best
Found the problem!

That is why systemd is so great, right?

>battlefield in python
Kek

python is used in games but only for scripting

most serious game engines are in C and C++ and Assembly