/spg - Smartphone General

If requesting purchasing advice, please provide your country and what carrier you will be using it with, along with wanted features, budget and size.

Good resources:
>reviews, specs, comparisons
gsmarena.com
phonearena.com
kimovil.com

>Frequency checker
willmyphonework.net
frequencycheck.com

>Chinkphone news
gizchina.com
gizmochina.com

>Recommended Chinkphones $80-$300 as of March 2016
wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/Chink_shit_general/Phones

>Post a mini-review of your phone
>Discuss upcoming and current models
>Ask for help related to phones
>Tell us how much shekels you spent on good/bad phone
>Shill your Xiaomi
>PRAISE THE CHINKPHONES

News:
Android 7.0 Nougat review
gsmarena.com/android_v70_nougat-review-1491.php

Huawei-made 7-inch Google Pixel tablet with 4GB of RAM on the way
gsmarena.com/huaweimade_7inch_google_pixel_tablet_with_4gb_of_ram_on_the_way-news-20354.php

Xiaomi Mi Note 2 might launch as early as next week
gsmarena.com/xiaomi_mi_note_2_could_launch_as_early_as_next_week-news-20336.php

OnePlus to merge Oxygen and Hydrogen ROM
gsmarena.com/oneplus_to_merge_oxygen_and_hydrogen_rom-news-20351.php

Samsung's Note 7 Recall Will Be Expensive (est. $1 Billion US)
bloomberg.com/news/articles/2016-09-04/samsung-s-note-7-recall-will-be-expensive-but-probably-worth-it

Meizu M3 Max goes official with 6-inch display, 4,100mAh battery
gsmarena.com/meizu_m3_max_goes_official_with_6inch_display_4100mah_battery-news-20341.php

Huawei Honor 8 unboxing and first impressions by Flossy Carter
youtu.be/OuEcqPWE5Ic

Android Nougat vs. Marshmallow performance test
youtu.be/_a7AC2UXpYg

Lenovo P2 with 5100mah battery, SD625, fHD AMOLED display hands on
youtu.be/m8OR4YO4dCk

old

Other urls found in this thread:

geekbuying.com/item/Xiaomi-Redmi-Note-4-Pro-Helio-X20-3GB-64GB-Smartphone---Silver-371576.html
gizmochina.com/2016/09/04/xiaomi-mi-note-2-said-announced-september-14-5-7-inch-curved-screen-tow/
techaeris.com/2016/09/04/moto-g4-play-review-affordable-smartphone-with-just-essentials/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>there are no alternatives to the OP3 up to date and won't be in the near future

JUST

HTC One M8 or M9?

M8. Better battery life, custom rom support and less heat.

Is there a way to download Fortune (iOS Sup Forums app) without jailbreak on iOS 9.3.5

M8.

Is there a stable CyanogenMod release for the Xiaomi Mi5?
I'm searching for a new phone that's not too big (kinda the reason why i opt out of 5.5' devices) and according to the wiki Mi5 has the best bang for your buck right?

Previously had an iPhone 4 from 2010 until May. It broke finally after a stellar season. Bought a stop-gap ZTE T815 as I was getting a phone through work, but took a new job that didn't come with one so I have to buy one myself. I'm agnostic to the iOS/Android thing.

What I want:
> good camera for stills
> storage for music (either phone, or expandable)
> good DAC for music

What I don't want:
> something tiny
> something enormous
> something with plastic everything

Budget is $600AU. This is what I've shortlisted:
> iPhone SE 16Gb - $549
> OnePlus 2 64Gb - $499
> OnePlus 3 64Gb - $575
> LG Google Nexus 5X 32GB - $419
> Samsung Galaxy S6 32Gb - $549
> Nexus 6P 32Gb - 32Gb - $579

I think the OnePlus 3 is the forerunner, but only issue is it doesn't support 700 MHz band which is used by my provider (Telstra) for 4Gx; they have other bands they use. I live in a metro area though so it seems not a deal breaker, but I'm not really knowledgable on this.

What y'all think?

S6 or wait for new nexus/nexus price drop

>suggesting S6 when OP3 is nearly the same price
No. Do not.

So I have a Compact z5 and I like the camera app, is there anything better? what about for editing pictures?

Am I right in thinking the OnePlus is a great deal at its price point?

OP3 is shit and it doesn't support the 700mhx band his carrier uses... read his post lol

Missed that part. If user didnt need that band OP3 is way better though, you can't argue that. The only thing that matches it in specs on his list is Nexus 6P

he also has a good camera as a priority, and OP3 got nothing on the S6's lens.
I would still recommend the S6 over the OP3. If your next argument against the S6 is touchjizz then he can just fix it up with a new rom

My arguement is not touchwiz as I used Samsung in the past. My issue is the S6 has the worst battery out of any of the recent samsung phones. S5 and S7 are significantly better. Unless this has been fixed with 6.0

Axon 7
Mi 5
Zuk Z2
RN3P.

Don't bother with S6, shit battery and lagwizz.
And don't buy any phone with SD810 housefire e.g. 6P OP2.
And not a fucking iPhone.

I had the s6 and the battery wasn't terrible. it can be optimized with root and greenify and a doze-like xposed module

Shouldn't have to though

Agreed

OP3 (Europe/Asia) has:
> FDD-LTE: Bands 1/3/5/7/8/20
> TDD-LTE: Bands 38/40/41

Provider (Telstra) I'm with uses 1/3/5/7/28/40
> Band 1 = 2100MHz
> Band 3 = 1800MHz
> Band 5 = 850MHz
> Band 7 = 2600MHz
> Band 8 = 900MHz
> Band 28 = 700MHz

Does that I mean I won't get 4G on the network? I have no idea about this shit.

Check willmyphonework.net it says you might get 4G but it's probably better to ask someone else who has actually tried it

> 4G LTE: Band8-900MHz, Band3-1800MHz, Band7-2600MHz
> Device is compatible with some of the network carriers frequencies. It may work.

Thanks mang!

Sadly no, there is a Mokee rom though on XDA but I have no idea how trustworthy that is.

Xiaomi is a bitch as always and doesn't release the kernel sources of their device so CM won't pick that device up.

There is a unofficial build though so you can go and check that one out.

Ok guys, first time posting in this general.
I RMA'd my Note 4 and they replaced it with a S7 Edge because was impossible for them to source the motherboard.
Should i keep it or try to sell it for around 600 eurobucks and buy a Note 7 instead?

Thank you

>note 7
>pocketgrenade

check the OP and keep the s7 edge

Note 7 is an exploding mess. stick with the S7E.

>buying the detonote

Should i get an used LG G3 for 100 eurobux.

I know that the current cells are full fledged grenades, obviously i'll wait some time before buying it.

Also, does the screen curvature of the S7E interfere with the viewing experience or nah?

a friend of mine has it and he's happy with it in every aspect except for it being a bit fragile

it's very sturdy for an all-glass phone, but it's still fragile

i expected that, not a big fan of full-glass build
But did Sammy fix the screen burn-in with the new panels?

never heard of or experienced sammy burning in
if you aren't a clumsy mess you shouldn't be bothered by the all-glass build.

you can try youtubing s7 edge drop/smash tests to see how sturdy it is

Never dropped a phone so i don't mind too much, but i really hope the back isn't too slippery

the only time I've found it too slippery is when I've had chalk on my hands(the s7e I'm referring to is my coaches and I've tried it a few times)
it feels fine when holding it under normal circumstances.
I can imagine winter being a bitch though, with dry skin and all

AMOLEDS burn in when you keep the same picture on the screen at a very high brightness. You can see it in stores where they use the phones in a special mode and let them run all day long on max brightness.

Interesting.. I've never seen it on any samsung ever. Might head down to the local phone pusher tomorrow and see if their demo phones are burned in

Sailfish and Marlin when?

Well, ill'invest in some wraps at this point, thanks for the warning!
I really hope that the leather ones feels as good as the Note4 back cover tho

october 4th

I am looking for a phone similar to the OP3, N6P or HTC10... What are my options at 400-500 USD?

I might bite the HTC 10 or N6P bullet, the OP3 I'd have to switch carriers.

Get the Honor 8 if bands are supported. Love this phone so far.

HTC 10. N6P has an 810

i bought a galaxy s3 neo duos last year, which was a 2014 reproduction of the s3 intended for the arab world, and it also has neat features such as unlocked radio.

the problem is that its too fucking big. i have been using the galaxy exhibit for the longest time, and in the case pictured it measures 5in by 2.75in. the galaxy s3 with a case measures 6in by 3.5in. it is bulky and uncomfortable for me, and i'm thinking of giving it to my mother.

do any of you know a smaller phone, in the ranges of 3.8in to 4.3in at most that is gsm unlocked and has an 8mp camera? that is the only reason i want to switch from my little beater phone, i'm sick of the low quality 5mp camera.

is the galaxy s4 mini the only option? not considering the iphone se bc i like replaceable battery and microsd.

Are there any chink phones that work with Verizon? Everyone that seems half way decent I've found is incompatible with CDMA.

It can't be as fragile as the Xperia phones. Those bitches will shatter from you looking at them wrong

Z3 Compact

have $300 max to spend on a newphone

been eyeing the Galaxy s6

is that a good choice? Will be used in good condition.

>4.8"
>big
كنت رجل صغير.

forgot to add I only want non-chink phones

The Axon 7 is $400 too

its so annoying having a paperweight in your pocket, its not about hands

i also am very active and i don't even try to exercise with it as it fucking bounces around

ty, will search that right now

Need a phone because I bricked mine. Want to wait for the new nexii, but no old phones. what do?

chinkphones shills are not even try to hide anymore.

Xperia Z3/5 compact are your best bet.

Fucking Google hasn't given me Nougat OTA on my 6p. Wtf

Moto G4 Plus.

you have 400$- what would you get?

oneplus internals shits over phones that are double the price, but the camera is abysmal.

geekbuying.com/item/Xiaomi-Redmi-Note-4-Pro-Helio-X20-3GB-64GB-Smartphone---Silver-371576.html

RN4P revealed

>Those bitches will shatter from you looking at them wrong
even ?

>still no Mi5s info
JUST FUCKING REVEAL IT, I NEED A NEW PHONE.

Bullshit. that's the same specs of the RN4. RN4P won't be out till December and it will have SD652 book it.

September 12.

>september 12
Yeah I'm not getting hype for dates without sources anymore. Last guy told me september 6.

>tfw you would have bought a Xiaomi phone by now but they don't come with the necessary LTE bands

gizmochina.com/2016/09/04/xiaomi-mi-note-2-said-announced-september-14-5-7-inch-curved-screen-tow/

September 14*. assuming they'll launch it together with the mi note 2.

>assuming they'll launch it with the Mi note 2
Hope so. Might get the Note 2 or Mi5 f it doesn't release within a month though.

>Fucking Samsung MTP drivers won't install

>Slapped my copy of Win 7 around long ago, don't use Windows Update for fear of forced Win 10 faggotry.
>Can't also use Win update to hopefully figure out my driver problem with phone.

How is the Lenovo Zuk Z1 ?

Can have it for 179$.

What's the deal with the new Pixel phones? Will battery life be good?

Friend had one, modem broke in like 3 seconds, is now useless brick. Steer clear.

T-Mobile announces all cell sites will support larger packet size by end of next month. Half already deployed. Phones will require software update to take advantage.

Reminder to NEVER fall for the Note 4 meme

why not?

was considering one. pls explain.

More info and news in the iPhone 7 freaking when?

Tomorrow you enormous fag.

tomorrow

The redmi note 3 is better ?

Or i take the Lenovo Z1 ?

Redmi Note 3 Pro by far.
Not the mediakek version.

Ok thanks. How is the camera/screen ?

So the Moto G Play doesn't come with GPS?

techaeris.com/2016/09/04/moto-g4-play-review-affordable-smartphone-with-just-essentials/

WTF Motorola

Camera is kinda meh.
Screen is great.

Can anyone with a HTC 10 comment on its battery life/screen on time? Will it last longer than pic related?

This Umi Super chinkshit (never again) has a Helio P10 and 4000mAh on a 1080 screen. Most of my usage is wifi and mobile web browsing and Bluetooth.

thoughts on getting a 6p in 2016? the huge screen and great camera are major pluses.

shitty overheating processor is not an issue, right? it doesn't affect anything

Does the Redmi Note 3 support LTE bands in America?

not really, it's a phone aimed at poor man babby gamers that don't need to use the communication features that often

>This Umi Super chinkshit (never again)
Expand please. are you that user that said he's gonna buy it despite all the warnings /spg/ gave him?

Not really.

what would you get for 400$?

>0.01 rupee has been deposited into your iShit account

My Z1 was bulletproof, I sold it to a friend and hes still using it now. Freakishly long battery life from 4000mAh on a snapdragon 801. Great build quality and audio output, CyanogenOS is clean and the stock UI is aesthetic and runs fast. Only drawback for me was the big bezels, it's large for a 5.5" phone.

Overall I highly recommend it, great value.

i would probably get htc 10

Is the LG G2 still a good phone? Thinking of picking one up for $50-60 on ebay.

Well I have T-mobile and its been reported to work, but not too sure about it, and I just want a cheap chinker phone that has good performance and a good camera, and of course supports LTE

Yes. It's good. CM13 is smooth as fuck. Holds up pretty well

No, I never asked for advice before buying this.

Major things: The bluetooth audio frequently distorts and or disconnects for no reason. The GPS takes ages to lock on.

Minor things:

It's weirdly heavy and thick with sharp edges and feels unpleasant to hold. The non-stock parts of the UI like the status bar icons and notification shade are poorly designed, inconsistent and ugly.

Oh, and the mobile network randomly drops instantly from full signal to no signal now and again too.

are you talking about the rn3p or the rn3?

That sucks user. with chinks only stick to the known brands Huawei Xiaomi etc. don't bother with the cheap chinkshit, this is where they got this reputation from, it's ain't worth it.

Also Nubia z11 can fit your needs

Both have same bands. they have B2 and B4 that could work on t-mobile and at&t networks, but lacks B12 and B17. so you'll get partial reception depending on your location.