Best GNU/Linux Distro for New User

In Sup Forums's opinion, what is the best distro for easing someone with Linux experience into it without scaring them away?

I recently repaired an old laptop for my wife and was planning on putting something like Xubuntu or Ubuntu MATE on it for her.
I considered Linux Mint, but decided it's a joke of a distro. Fedora is a possible contender.

Must haves:
>little to no need to ever open the terminal to install updates
>good printer support
>A E S T H E T I C S

ubuntu,
mint,
elementary

>>little to no need to ever open the terminal to install updates
any distro that comes with gnome does not require this

>good printer support
There is only one CUPS

>>A E S T H E T I C S
kys

Ubuntu or it's derivative.

Fedora is quasi-freetard distro that does not allow non-free software.
So as a normie you will struggle, don't bother.

t. fedora user.

DoD LPS.

i would say opensuse gnome since YaST allows to configure popular tasks with a gui.
The distro is a pain in the ass tho , but if you are retarded and dont wanna use simple commands to do shit quicker you must put up with it

fedora if you wear a fedora
*ubuntu but not including ubuntu if you like feeling normal
opensuse if you really like bloat
debian if your name has the initials of RMS

Stop being a pussy and learn some rudimentary Linux commands. But Mint, Fedora, Ubuntu can all be used in a way you're asking. If you understand how ipconfig works in Windows there's no reason why you can't learn apt-get update or npm update.

Debian
Mate
>good printer support
What's your printer ?

Ubuntu you stupid fuck. This gets asked every 5 fucking minutes.

*buntus
Debian

Solus

>there is only one CUPS
I should have clairifed. A decent front end GUI for configuring printers through CUPS
>don't bother
Muh elitist Linux user attitude.
>stop being a pussy and learn some rudimentary commands
Learn to read my man. This isn't for me.
t. Trisquel user

Any of the *buntu, probably MATE
Zorin
OpenSUSE
Manjaro

I'm not sure if they all have what you need out of the box.

install gentoo

>I considered Linux Mint, but decided it's a joke of a distro.

Mint is basically identical to Oogabuntu. Rip Cinnamon and put in Gnome (or whatever it is) and bam, they're exactly the same.

Any of the Oogabongos are good for nabs.

If it's for your wife go for Ubuntu/Manjaro/Elementary

Why is terminal use such a turn off. With the proper guidance any one can be taught how to use it and the benefits of it.

Because I don't feel like teaching her commands every 10 seconds when all she's going to be doing is web browsing and light word processing. She's a bit of a normie when it comes to computers so having to use the terminal will definitely turn her off.

On almost any distribution you can set it up to not need terminal use. But she should be encouraged to learn how to use it otherwise she'll run into issues in the future. Just start with basic navigation and updating the system.

Ubuntu.
Just make sure your wife understands the alternatives you have for the software she might have used on Windows.

Install Arch linux with i3 gaps.

The unnecessary bloat and handholding implicit with distributions such as ubuntu detracts from the Linux experience.

If you can read, Arch is easy: you will learn more, have more control over your system and be more efficient.

It's his fucking wife you retarded weeb.

If you're going that route then just install a proper distro for her and say it up. No need to to inflict her computer with arch.

kys

Good call. Shouldn't be a problem as she realy just need LibreOffice and Chromium.
There should be a name for bringing up Arch in distro conversations. Kinda like Godwins law.

Xubuntu
/w
compton compositor
numix theme and icons

deepin. Honestly it's the best babby's first linux desktop, it even comes with licensed Crossover so you have a windows software emulator that just werks, not like wine that is powerful but not really retard-proof

but Richard doesn't endorse Debian