ITT

Goodnight sweet prince

why, what happened

Something about sanctions.

They lost access to federal grants and loans which makes up 85% of their funding. The government also fined them $120mil but they only have like $30mil on hand.

wat

so they finally shut down the ripoff artists. it's about time.

JUST

But will the heads be affected or will they simply disappear with millions instead of billions?

t. overly cynical guy

Hope DeVry is next

they will switch names and keep at it

Wait, what? Prince is dead?

literally who?

What did they do exactly?
Just be a shit school?

i guess? its common knowledge that all for profit schools are usually trash.

Also California just banned them from enrolling new students

Isn't ITT just a diploma mill and a small step away from being a scam company? Are there even ITT "graduates" who have real jobs?

well it's a useless ban because the company announced that they were closing all their campuses. Starting today no one is allowed on campus nationwide.

FUCK

>for-profit education
is there any that actually teaches you something?

>people distinguishing between for-profit and non-profit

In the US there's really no such thing as non-profit because all the non-profit schools try to make as much money as possible to feed into their endowment fund. I think the government should stop providing loans to all private schools and only provide funding toward public universities and community colleges.

I know people who landed successful tech jobs (mostly networking type stuff) after going to ITT and Devry. I feel like they actually filled a niche, but that they overshot and started enrolling people in all sorts of scam degrees in areas they had no business treading. It's part of the problem when profit motivations enter education, and, like notes, public schools have the exact same problems (it's still a profit motive if the "profit" is redistributed immediately to professors, administrators, new buildings, various funds, etc.).

Wait what? I have a degree in systems development from ITT from 10 years ago. This doesn't invalidate my degree, does it? I still have 20k debt which I'm not going to pay if my degree isn't even valid. Is there some way to get a degree from another school seeing as I still have the skills required for the degree?

Good that place existed to fuck over stupid people. They had shit job placement only people I know who made it work were air conditioning cert people.

I was about to bitch at you for not posting a link, but then the only one I could find was from Gizmodo and twitter.

In any case, this is great news. How that scam palace stayed open for so long is a miracle.

IANAL, but your degree should probably stay valid. I'll honestly go talk with a lawyer to determine if you should continue paying the 20k.

Of course your degree is still fine and valid, just worth less than ever

It's a scam school that offers inferior education for a profit. It's just like Devry. You are better off going to a community college and getting an associates degree, because then you can at least transfer to an actual university.

Why though.

Aren't they the only place you can get training for blue-collar jobs like HVAC and other mechanical stuff?

>Why though.
Because turns out the free market doesn't fix shit and we were rused by the upper, non-working classes, user.

>free market
never existed

>I'll honestly go talk with a lawyer to determine if you should continue paying the 20k.

Federal loans are being forgiven. Private ones very likely not.

>But will the heads be affected or will they simply disappear with millions instead of billions?

They're prohibited from altering their executives pay, if it read things properly.

For-profit colleges like ITT will accept literally anyone who applies but in order to join their "college" you have to pay tuition fees that are often absurdly overpriced for the education that they offer. This leads to people being put very deeply into debt and then since these institutions are often unaccredited the education they receive doesn't transfer to a better school or even translate into an actual job let alone a career. A lot of people that "graduate" from one of these schools end up broke and basically no more employable than when they started.

>th-that wasn't real free market gapitalism!

>free market gapitalism has never been tried!

>hey Reagan, watcha doin'?
>free market gapitalism
>hey Thatcher, watcha doin'?
>free market gapitalism

>my specific, perfect, entirely infallible brand of gapitalism has never been tried!

Sure thing, kid.

Most junior colleges have the same programs for half the price, they just don't have the marketing so dummies fall for the "tech school" meme and then wonder where all there money went while working at wendys

*their

In Italy those institutes are useless statal high-schools, but release a cert of "IT expert"

>trumpposting on Sup Forums

get out

>free market never existed
>vote trump

Why did it take so long?