AMDGPU Driver on Linux

>Installed Ubuntu 16.04
>Installed AMDGPU-PRO
>Black-Screen after reboot (but i can hear the startup sound)
WTF is wrong with this driver?

I never found a solution!!

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-l_SQxCNGvE
microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10/
webchat.freenode.net/?channels=##ati
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>AMD
there's your problem

Probably some xorg fuckup

When I had an AMDshit card I had to regenerate my xorg.conf every time I did an upgrade because lol AMD

have you tried google

sure.. All owners of AMD video-cards have this problem, but no one has ever received a reply on the forum.

Save up your money and buy a Nvidia, do it before your AyyMD buyers remorse manifests into you posting bullshit on Sup Forums to justify your purchase like "muh Async"

My video card should be compatible, but it is not at all! (I own a R7 260x)

his problem is that he installed 16.04 when it's common knowledge that it's buggy shitfest

>not just using Debian

It makes no sense to use Linux with all these compatibility issues

this may sound stupid but have you tried rebooting with the monitor plugged into the other ports?

well amdgpu-pro is still experimental :^)

I installed Debian in the past, but the desktop has never been shown, lol ... i tried "startx" but I received initialization errors ..

I'll try. However, I added "nomodeset" between the kernel boot parameters, the problem seems to be resolved, but the desktop does not start after logging in!

AMD users are literally the only people in the world who have hardware compatibility issues with Linux

with fgrlx I had no problems

youtube.com/watch?v=-l_SQxCNGvE

>AMD
>drivers

I did the same thing, but the problem persists!

I will follow the advice of this user

to expand on what i said, it could be that the gpu will only display to one port, I have a displayport to hdmi as my main monitor and a hdmi on my Big tv. it dosent boot to my monitor but when the windows password screen comes up it displays to the monitor. it essentially boots to the TV but i leave it switched off.

if the problem keeps happening try using a different cable "hdmi" "displayport" "dvi" so see if this is a solution to the problem.

go here and click the link to download, media creation tool

microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10/

Honestly all AMD cards worked for me, out of the box. I never had a problem installing any linux based operating system. This is actually the first time I hear an AMD card has a problem on Linux.

Good job Rajeet, now people will know AMD experience is best experience

>implying I'm shilling
I'm just stating my personal experience.

amd gpus suck
the cpus have good value, but if you got a amd gpu you have waisted cash

>AMD CPU has good value
>AMD GPU sucks
It's the opposite actually

>AMD drivers
>on Linux

R7 265 is the lowest supported if I remember correctly.

Linux is a shit , not AMD.

>people are shitposting this hard about amd
tough luck nerds im still buying from them

The AMDGPU-PRO driver is still quite new, and fglrx is outdated.
Use the Mesa driver, that most distribution install out of the box, in the meantime.
It's a bit slower but rock solid and most games work with it too, albeit somewhat slower.

this

The proprietary AMD drivers on Arch are the worst drivers I've ever used

The problem is you're installing an extra driver. It wo uld owrk fine if you did nothing, everything should work automagically with AMD cards.

I tried playing world of warships on linux with my R9 280X.

Fucking waste of time, thank fuck I didnt get rid of windoze

>Sup Forums is not tech support
I guess this doesn't qualify because it's trolling?

Stallman back to masturbate on CP

>Linux
>AMD

It's like you're trying to make life difficult.

Or, you know, maybe people actually have legitimate issues with AMD, pic related.

>posts failure rate of asus gcn cards
they're notoriously shit for amd

shhhhhhhhhhhheeeeeeeeeeiiiiiiiiiiiiittttttttttttttt

PEBKAC

o_O

Todd Howard stop trolling us! AMDGPU doesn't work on Linux!

>"amd supports their cards longer than nvidia"

All retards ITT including OP, simple solution - don't use the new proprietary AMD drivers for Linux. They have 0, that's correct, ZERO increase in performance, and no one uses Vulkan anyway.

Now back to your NVIDIA shill shit

hmm

Use Windows and stop falling for retarded Sup Forums memes.

Is your time worthless to you? Then go ahead and install Loonix.

Its designed for CPU/APU/GPU cores and its AMD

Why Linux suck? I think ReactOS will be better in future

can i use amd drivers with templeOS?

Tell it to Terry!

>AMD
>Linux
Found the problem

Linus Torvalds is a fucking nigger

>Linux
There's your problem

You're Goddamn Right!!!!

still buying from them. cant bait me neckbeard :)

so AMD drivers are as terrible as the mesa trash?

i wish AMD would properly invest into R&D so that they could make compelling hardware and software instead of investing into paid shills and other shitty marketing.

use NOMODESET by editing grub in the booting screen by pressing 'E'. Add it to the line which says something SPLASH SCREEN something

install some other package, edit your X.org conf or force buntu to use different drivers by blacklisting the faulty one.

>amd
>linux
never ever.

Sorry you like to ignore the truth

>i wish AMD would properly invest into R&D so that they could make compelling hardware and software instead of investing into paid shills and other shitty marketing

AMD has no fucking money, they have lost BILLIONS in the last few years. The best thing you will see from AMD is bankruptcy.

>AMD
>Drivers

>mfw my gtx260 got driver update a month ago
I want to see the "legacy product" screens AMDpajeets love to post.

I'm on gentoo with an r7 260x running amdgpu(non pro) just fine. Maybe you're just stupid.

kernel version?

Windows is better

It may be that there is a compatibility problem between AMDGPU and the old kernels.

>AMD has no fucking money, they have lost BILLIONS in the last few years. The best thing you will see from AMD is bankruptcy.
Take a look at the stock market you filthy mouthbreather.

>my 1 year old 390x is not supported on the new linux drivers
> I have to use this piece of shit fglrx driver that crash even watching movies

>using linux
>using amd
>2016

Fucking KEK!

Installed AMDGPU again
- with 4.6.7 i see anything
- with 4.7.2 i view only desktop, but without unity

Jesus Christ!

Severe autism

>unity

what hardware? and why would you use AMDGPU-PRO anyway?

Ok, instead of greentext everything that is written here, suggest to me a good linux-based system! (except for Arch-Linux and Debian)

1)
R7 260x
FX-8320
M5A97 EVO R 2.0
8GB DDR3 1866MHz

2)
gaming

(A system that is compatible with amdgpu-pro, because Ubuntu has stressed me a lot!)

my suggestion, ask here:
webchat.freenode.net/?channels=##ati . also, use google...

my guess: you have to blacklist the radeon driver before using the amdgpu-pro.

in any case, as someone mentioned, Sup Forums is not tech support.

Honestly AMD is absolute garbage on Linux. When AMD ditched the closed source drivers the open source drivers barely worked, but they have improved a lot in kernel 4.6 / 4.7. My linux system with a 390x will always crash at some point, something to do with the power management of the card. Its not the card which is the problem it works fine on Windows. The closed source nvidia drivers, apart from not always being usable on the latest kernel. work fine. I would recommend buying an nvidia gpu if you want to play games on Linux. The new gtx 1070 is a great performer.

there are none desktop linux is a meme

dumb nvidiot

I bet you have never actually used an amd gpu on Linux. I used to patch the closed source drivers, they at least worked. No one has been able to resolve this power issue in the open source drivers.

>posts malware link

You guys are brutal

I have Manjaro installed at the moment and it works fine with my HD ranjeet Pro with Boost.

hey OP, could you fix your stuff? was my guess ( ) correct?

>>>/reddit/

16.04 changed a bunch of shit and pretty much only works with the open source shit now. Trying to push people into vulcan but its not really ready.

you are just too retarded to use it

Severe "poor"ism!

my 390x works out of the box. fury x also. 980ti actually needs some work and the only way I got it working was manual driver install plus I put the decryption prompt into text mode.

Have to start the graphical environment with startx also.

Like I said 16.04 cut old driver support so only the open source vulcan shit works now. Ubuntu did it out of the box for me though.

Nvidia is the opposite open source wont work on newer cards need the closed source.

Working on a new build to get gpu and other hardware passthrough working well on vms then ill sell all these cards maybe get a couple 1080tis and get crazy. Ill probably need to keep one of the old cards.

>Nvidia is the opposite open source wont work on newer cards need the closed source.

there's no reason to even use the open source stack with an nvidia gpu, proprietary+dkms works amazingly well and supports all gpus back to 4xx series.

using latest release of Ubuntu-GNOME and Nvidia drivers do the same damn thing

lol it JUST works with nvidia software keep getting cucked AMDrone

i think the problem is Ubuntu

Stupid question: is the real-time / low-latency Kernel useful in gaming or have you just installed it for unrelated purposes?

> ubuntu
problem found

Works for me dawg

To be fair to AMDtards, Nvidia is somehow even worse on Loonix. Enjoy guessing whether or not you can even run the proprietary driver because distro managers sure don't give a shit.

i have the same JESUS FUCK problem with amdgpu-pro.