ASUS Zenfone 3 Boi

ASUS Zenfone 3 Boi

$300, I'm really considering buying this, I bought a Zenpad 10 for school and will gauge how much I can tolerate ZenUI from that. But what are your thoughts? That Asus spiral brushed metal makes my dick super erect.

If I needed an upgrade, I'd go for this probs. Haven't seen the specs, but my ZenFone 2 is great. Made my android development possible.

what's up with the shit camera? when will they fix it?

regardless of camera lens protection (for which they say the glass is super hard), I would slap a case on there

would buy this if I wasn't already happy with my 5x, would be nice to compare cameras

How has the UI been and what others can you compare it to? I'm coming from stock Moto territory and a Samsung TouchWiz pisses me off.

>assus

>my ZenFone 2 is great
stop lying

dont bother unless you have the autism to put a custom rom on it

I had the zenfone 2 and it was nothing but issues. The stock Asus rom is full of bloat, unusable. Battery was horrible. And due to it being x86, most custom ROMs had issues.

Cyanogen works fine on it, that's only one I've tried. Battery in my phone is fine too.

4u:

Battery isn't really bad or good. It charges fast as a motherfucker though so I forgive it.

I have a zenfone 2 and I don't recommend Asus phones.

>People buy Zenfone 1 devices
Get screwed over

>People buy Zenfone 2 devices
Get screwed over

>People want to buy a Zenfone 3 devices
B-but this time will be different guys r-r-right?

Asus is like the Archos of mobile devices, you've been warned.

I bought a Zenfone 2 and I dig it. Paid 320 for it when it first launched in the USA. ZE551ML 64GB/4GB model. Tmobile speeds are 40-80Mbit up and down. Charges fast as hell due to QC.It has mSD which is another plus. Works fine with ZenUI or Nova Launcher. Official bootloader unlocker. Custom roms. It's gotten regular consistent updates since launch including security updates for Android. Still on Lollipop with M in beta officially AFAIK. Camera is average. Video is average. Asus apps certain ones are pretty great. File manager is pretty good as is the weather app. I'd say Asus has the best weather app and widget on the market at the moment. I used to fancy the BBW widgets but I prefer Asus and install this app on all my phones now.

Bad stuffs. Camera and video are average. No band 12. Non removable battery. ZenUI is negative as is bloat but all is easily removed since it's easily rooted and even unlocked for a more stock feel. Nova launcher or whatever is your fancy are easily installed. This complaint isn't really relevant. Battery life can take a nose dive at times but so do most devices. It's average on battery. Power button is at the top of a 5.5" device. Horrible placement and would've been best as a 1:1 copy of LG's buttons.

>BBW widgets
>BBW
kek

In all seriousness, being stuck on 5.1 is gross right now

Not the guy you're quoting, but I absolutely hate my Zenfone 2. It's by far the worst Android skin. For example:

- the brightness control is just a filter, so at the lowest setting it actually makes photos you take dark as shit, and makes looking at the screen during the day nigh impossible unless at max brightness
- not that that even matters, since the 3000ma battery barely get a me through a complete day at medium use
- It's the worst offender of bloatware; granted, they allowed you to disable (not uninstall) certain useless shit like a fuckin mirror app that just uses the front camera to let you see yourself, but there's still tons there
- the Intel processor in a phone is a failed meme; this was made clear when Pokemon GO didn't work with the device at launch
- little shit like when you activate Bluetooth or other settings through the swipe down menu, it mismatches the shade of blue and changes after a second

It's a fuckin horse physically and that's really the only reason to get one other than the price, but even then there are chink brands that offer more for less. I was kinda stuck since I needed a phone off contract which works with my cheap network, so I got this.

3/10 dogshit

Last time i tried cyanogenmod on it, certain apps wouldn't work. It's not the phones fault really, it's app devs. But it's a setback when things like pokemongo wouldn't work, or my bank app etc. Also cyanogenmod has issues where if you swapped from camera to video it would freeze and so on.

Can confirm. Fucking hate my Zenfone 2 as well. Worst phone ever. Not coming back to Asus for ANYTHING. You also forgot to mention how the case they sell for this phone is trash.
No fucking Android 6.0 in sight.

I have enough saved up for an S7 but I'm in more need of a new laptop for school. Stuck with this piece of shit phone until I chuck it at a wall in frustration.

Zuk 2
Im testing this out. For 240€

I had a Zenfone 2. Out of the box the screen and body had weird alignment issues. When thing felt very cheap. Then there was the bloat and shitty Intel processor. Then there was being stuck on lollipop forever. Then the screen died. Then there were no customer service reps who spoke English natively and then there were the cryptic emails asking for my credit card number to have on file in case I didn't send in my broken phone after they issued a replacement. Then the replacement broke too.

Fuck Asus.

If something as mainstream as Pokemon Go doesn't work... user I don't even know what to tell you

Bumping because Asus phones are shit

I've had a zenfone 2 for about a year and I love it. At least I did at first. My only serious complaint is the lackluster camera and the serious lack of updates. It's gotten consistent security updates but they promised 6.0 months ago and at this point I'm seriously questioning whether we will ever get it. I mean shit, 7 is already out and we still don't have 6.

Stuck with my Zenfone 2 for almost a year without any news for 6.0 update, the intel chipset was horribly optimized with the software. Not to mention that Asus skin was shit, slow and heavy as fuck.

Never buy Asus phones ever again

sorry Sup Forums new meme iis redmeme note 3 and redmeme 3.

>asus
>2016

You're probably better off with iphone. I've had s6 for a year and still prefer ios

I liked my zf2 until it suddenly died for no reason. Just wouldn't turn I or charge.

They ditched the Intel CPUs for SnapDragon with the Laser series which are actually pretty good. All Laser SnapDragon based Zenfone 2s are on Android 6.0.1.

ZF3 has 4 axis optical image stabilization SONY IMX sensor, laser autofocus, dual tone LED flash, sapphire camera lens with gorilla glass screen.

Hell my Zenfone 5 has CM13.1 and it's intel based...

>2016
>Note 3 and redmeme3

No you dumb mofo, it's the redmeme 4 and redmeme note 4

Zenfone 2 fag here, can confirm stock ui is shit. No official Marshmallow even though Asus promised it this quarter. Cm13 nightlies and being poor are the only reasons I haven't upgraded yet.

Why iPhone though?

Does cm save this phone? I'm thinking about installing it but am unsure about how it will work providing that it even will.

Why not? I'm thinking of upgrading my S4 to a zenfone 3.