Is it worth it?

Is it worth it?
I've amassed a huge music library of hundreds of gb in >256kbit mp3s and flacs but there's an offer for students which costs 5 bucks.
Now I'm wondering if the artist-playlists are worth the 5 bucks.
S-Should I pull the trigger?

Forgot: my main reason would be music discovery since Sup Forums is a circlejerking shithole. I imagine it would be less hassle

Don't you have friends that could recommend you stuff?

Spotify has the same functions, and that's free of charge.

Normally I'm the one recommending shit to them.
Spotify's ads are obnoxious and they don't seem to have niche stuff. Afaik Apple Music has pretty much every independent artist

Then just pull the trigger, who the fuck cares on this website whether you purchase the subscription or not besides yourself?

Heck, I wouldn't even be in thsi thread if it weren't for the pron.

Jeez, I dunno myself. Just thought it'd be nice to have some user experience with the service compared to spotify and just having your music on your hard drive

streaming services are usually great value. but personally I hate the notion the artists get fractions of pennies from my patronage. if you are poor then I guess it's a step above piracy.

if you're going to do it though, go with spotify. AFAIK apple music supports a tiny amount of platforms, like most apple shit does.

oops, just read this for the super-obscure shit that spotify doesn't have, just buy the damn CDs. they're the bands who need it most anyway.

>and just having your music on your hard drive
How is that not the superior choice in your mind?

get itunes match as well.
if you are not going to, just use spotify.

I switched from spotify to apple music (also 5 bucks because I live in a third world country). I don't regret it at all. syncing your library is comfy and the playlists are very cool, recs are ok

you don't need itunes match when you have an apple music subscription

you do unless you only listen to top 40 uk retard. it doesn't even have king crimson.

if you're fine with using the Apple Music app on iOS/Android and iTunes on the desktop, go for it. They've got an excellent library (especially if you're into new hip hop releases) and iTunes Match is a nice feature.

If you just want to sync all of your music, just get iTunes Match

cause it comes with having to find mega or zippy links for obscure shit, hoping it's not 128kbits
It does come in handy for sampling though...
Maybe I'll do both

when you have an apple music subscription you can upload your mp3 to the cloud, it's like itunes match is included

As someone who works in music, has a massive music collection and generally loves it more than any other cultural pursuit... Yes.

Dude just jailbreak or root and get Spotify premium for free, problem solved

>Spotify premium for free, problem solved
h-how ?

>new hip hop releases
YES
You have a massive music collection and use music streaming?
What for if I may ask?

>adds drm to your music
>you have to keep the music files on your computer to keep listening to them
>does not bump them to 256 kbps aac if songs are lower quality
not quite.