Is whatsapp actually secure?

Is whatsapp actually secure?

Other urls found in this thread:

wire.com/privacy/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

It should be but idgaf desu.

Secure for what exactly

CP is illegal user

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA

>military grade

Yes, it's safe to control your drug deals and bank heists over WhatApp.
Military grade. They literally can never read anything you write.

Short answer: No.
Long answer: It depends who you are trying to secure your data from, As the company is affiliated with Facebook a money hungry proprietor of the "User as a service" business model with atrocious privacy anti-features and the software is proprietary and therefore non-auditable there is no way to know whether it is secure from other users or not. But even worse is that Facebook as an entity owns WhatsApp and they for certain ARE NOT trustworthy of your data, because they will surely sell it out to everyone that wants it.

Sup Forums - a bunch of high school kids worried about security for some reason

If only I could be as cool as this user.

>route through central server
>secure

Pick one.

What the fuck.
I wrote "desu" not fucking desu.

How has your 8 month hibernation been?

they be worrying the benis pics :DD

Dude. What.
Do that again.
desu

What sorcery is this?

desu

I've been missing out on something.

Can you get over it already? Glorious Nipponese moot has word replacement filters in place.

baka senpai

Not in age bracket described... Also I believe BOTH privacy and security are something that everyone should be worries about as a basic human right.

t b h
Won't filter that out.

It's owned by facebook, next question.

>hey guys I found some proprietary software
>someone told me it encrypts messages but I can't tell without seeing the source code
>what do you think, should I trust it?
>this is pretty important data I'd be handing over to a program and a company without any knowledge or control over what it does
>thoughts?

Joke's on you my filter got you memer fag
/(2|t)(| )b(| )(|q)(| )h/i

It securely sends all your data directly to Facebook, in case that's what you were asking

why? is it a problem? are you a pedophile? or stalker?

Can you say with any certainty that your phone secure? Because if you can't answer that question, your question is pointless.

Have you ever been in love?

Yes, and if you actually keep track of the 60 digit UUID then even more so.

What do you think people in software security do all day? Just ignore everything they don't have source for?
There are endless whitepapers on the ins and outs of the whatapp protocol and encryption.

yes its a military grade app used by ISIS

Compromised. Just like Signal.

Tbh

desu

Not since Facebook bought them. Use telegram or chatsecure.

>Use telegram or chatsecure

Absolutely do not use those either.

You should be using Wire:

wire.com/privacy/

Tbhit

What about from others? such as hackers? not companies.

If you're not breaking the law no one is watching you

To that, all I can say is have a different password for all your accounts

Define secure

Wire looks promising, thanks for sharing.

This looks like an abridged version of the EFF's old Secure Messaging Scorecard, which did give 7/7 to ChatSecure+Orbot and to Telegram with secret chats. Also this table is published by Wire which could add some bias, if only in the choice of what other apps to include.

SHit user, just use Telegram already.

What is love?

>tfw even less people use Wire than Telegram

It'll honestly be a waste of space.

It is totally secure. Only the government and other duly authorised agencies can read your messages

baby dont hurt me

Secure in what sense? Even if the app itself would be secure, your phones memory is not. Your OS is not secure by any means.

I have another poblem with whatsapp. Social engineering. What if it feeds your contacts to facebook or something? First time I tried whatsapp I was amazed that it shoed me pictures of unknown people from caller list. I was harassed by this new landlord I never met (old one dieded), he was sending me threats. When I installed whatsapp it showed me profile of that fuck, and that he was online. Let's say you want to look up a number of some dealer on craigslist, or some "chick" who "left you her number" to find out their actual profile photo.

we'll know once they roll out the ads

>no one uses anything other than whatsapp

You're an idiot.

>on the Internet
>safe

Pick 1 and only 1

Also delete your cp you sick freaks