What cities in America are technologically held back by 10-20 years, Sup Forums?

What cities in America are technologically held back by 10-20 years, Sup Forums?

Because they throw all their money into freedom instead of their quality of life. Kek, throwing money at something they don't have.

illiterate fuck

yes

Because we turned our back to the glorious libertarian state.

All of them!

canada

Theres parts of rural NC that just got internet access like 3 years ago.

Theres also parts in the mountains that still don't have it and probably never will.

>almost every major european city is more advanced than any city in the U.S.
>hurr durr we're being held back by the free market!
>free market results in comcast and half the other ISPs in the country instituting data caps
>no other options thanks to monopolies/duopolies
Go fuck yourself you faggot.

>>no other options thanks to monopolies/duopolies
Literally caused by local governments.

Whats to stop monopolies from existing in libertaninism or ancapism?

Once a company gets big enough to hire all the muscle it will be impossible to challenge them.

You ancap are living the pipedream.

>isp monoplies are caused by the free market
retard detected

>Whats to stop monopolies from existing in libertaninism or ancapism?
"Free white men of good character," according to the constitution. Too bad they're a vanishing minority. Oh well, at least you'll have "diversity," while you enjoy getting ground to paste by corporatism sold to you as compassionate social democracy.

Protip: companies only get that big because of government intervention.

>muscle
In a Libertarian world, you still have government, and the government's job is to prevent the initiation of force. When a company starts hiring muscle to intimidate other companies out of competing, the government's job is to break down the doors of that company's building, and drag out the CEO in handcuffs, throwing him in jail. Compete for your wealth, but follow the law, or face strict consequences.

That's not what he asked you downie

explain

>free
not from debt
>white
I don't know what that has to do with anything
>good character
cause that totally gets you places in capitalism.

Every city aside from the ones with Google fiber and university campuses with fiber internet. Then again, most cities are still dogshit because of how bad parking and public transportation are.

Bead company A is bigger than company B
A is a multinational company that hides its money over seas and thus doesn't pay taxes.
B is a smaller local company operating out of a few states.
A uses its hidden money to bribe the government to pass a law that requires bead companies to use a specific nozzle on its dough machine that is exactly the same as the one every one is already using but cost $8,000 instead of $20.
B cant afford this and goes out of business.
A take a hit but now they have a monopoly.

>Follow the law
The only law in a lolbertarian world is "don't kill your competitors with PMCs." There are no environmental regulations, no insider trading and fraud investigations, no FDA or other regulatory committees to make sure you aren't ingesting poison, etc. Imagine every major city looking like Beijing China, because that's how the world under libertarianism looks.

Sorry for the grammar but I'm posting from a phone and am tired as shit. Good night.

You just showed the inverse of what you were talking about before.

You showed (albeit debatable) that in governed business companies can create monopolies (we have these things called antitrust laws but that's besides the point).

You need to show that this can't happen in a libertarian system with no regulation.

No I did, I said that the government steps in with regulations that do nothing but make it so the little guy cant compete with multinational companies.

Explain how a similar event cannot occur under libertarianism. That's what he's asking you to do.

In a true libertarian state you cant pass regulations on something unless its royally fucking people up.

Every city except for NY, Chicago, SF, and Boston.

Fuck off to Sup Forums all of you... This is about the vast expanses of space in America and lack of infrastructure in remote areas. Look at the population density of most of the US compared to Europe. Nobody (not even the government) is going to invest billions building infrastructure intended to serve a handful of subscribers. It's simple economics and no great conspiracy... This is why Project Bloon was created by Google. I swear, the autism in this thread is filling my head with fuck!

That town looks comfy as fuk.

Companies would spend billions in infrastructure for fiber internet if it was even possible to do so because people would pay for it. Even if you are willing to spend the money to lay fiber everywhere, you can't because Comcast owns most of the lines and most cities will say fuck you if you want to lay more.

>Look at the population density of most of the US compared to Europe. Nobody (not even the government) is going to invest billions building infrastructure intended to serve a handful of subscribers

And this is why I will never live in the US. There's literally no point in living there if 99% of the country is sprawl with nothing to do, and you have to rely on a car to get anywhere outside of a handful of major cities.

>
>Companies would spend billions in infrastructure for fiber internet if it was even possible to do so because people would pay for it. Even if you are willing to spend the money to lay fiber everywhere, you can't because Comcast owns most of the lines and most cities will say fuck you if you want to lay more.
You would spend billions to serve rural Wyoming? You sir are a very special kind of stupid!

Los Fucking Angeles

L.A. is the second largest city in the United States. But in terms of our infrastructure and technology, it's like we're the capital city of a fucking African country. We barely even have fucking skyscrapers.

Hey, at least you guys made an attempt to make a metropolis, that counts for something, right?

(hahahaha)

t. NYC

NYC is like the pigsty of the universe. I can't image any sane person living there by choice.

It's pretty comfy here as a lower upper-class guy.

If you're poor it's terrible but that describes any city really.

that looks comfy af desu

No but I'd spend billions to put fiber in Chicago.

>Nobody (not even the government) is going to invest billions building infrastructure intended to serve a handful of subscribers.
Don't see why that matters. All the government needs to do is invest in major cities and improve their infrastructure to compete with other world cities.

Clarksdale, Mississipi
Any town in Mississippi other than Biloxi and Hattiesburg honestly entire state is stuck in the 70s