Modded Bethesda Games Rig

posted this in /tesg/ and got redirected here: i'm a manbaby who got a job for the sole purpose of saving up to build a rig that can play skyrim/fnv with a bajillion mods, i currently have only bought the case, a Phanteks Enthoo Pro ATX Full Tower Case. I would like advice on the optimal hardware to get for running heavily modded bethesda games at playable fps with minimal stuttering, pls advise me. P.S. money isnt rlly that much of a issue as the majority of my paychecks are being saved to build this rig

Other urls found in this thread:

pcpartpicker.com/list/DNNk9W
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Step one. Buy which ever gpu fits your budget.
Don't bother with anything less than $200
Step 2. Skyrim isn't well multithreaded so just get a 6500k
Step 3. Sup Forums isn't your personal tech support. Use fucking google like a normal person.

Get a CPU, a motherboard, ram for it, a nice (but not too nice, if it's only 1080p 60fps) graphics card, something to save it on, and something to power it
Throw it all in your expensive fuckhuge massive case and play

thx, i have, just wanted Sup Forums's advice
thank you, i'm planning on getting a gtx 1080 as i'll be using a enb and texture packs

>gtx 1080
>2011 game at 1080p
What.

i'm planning on playing it with lots of 4k textures and a demanding ENB, which can be more demanding than modern games

4K textures
On a 1/4K resolution

Doesn't skyream heavily stream assets from the disk? If so, an SSD might help

When it renders and object it maps the texture to the surface. If its oblate to your pane of reference you may need larger res textures than what your monitor can display at a 1:1 scale. Generally speaking you want a higher res on objects than your display if you are not going to just look at it head on. Skyboxes are good examples of textures that need to be huge. Fabrics are also another example.

Even if it was exactly as demanding as the most demanding game out right now, a 1070 or even a 1060 would smash it at 1080p
Even then it's just fucking 1080p skyrim with mods and an old fallout (fallout 4 however is fairly hard on your system)
I'd say get a 1060 or a 1070 to be overkill
The 1080 is literally outta yer league, you'll just see how overpowered it is and end up regretting that extra $200 spent

Look at this guy not knowing how textures work.

Then you just need vram, the actual displaying of the pixels is peanuts to these modern cards

wow! someone with actually helpful advice! thx man i'll research this (:

Yeah bro you need an SSD for sure, probably a PCIe one at that for faster games
It'll look great inside your Enthoo Evolv ATX Tempered Glass Window Gaming Machine Enclosure

Have you never heard of SSDs?
Were you actually planning on only getting a single HDD?

>more demanding than modern games.
No it's not, just vram intensive. But even then i can run most this shit on a 780, so a 1060 should be more than enough

no, I haven't actually (: rlly new to this

Do this then
PciE ssd is probably more important than your gpu DESU.

They're better than HDDs in every possible way except price
I'd still say get a 1070 GPU at most

Get a gpu with 6gb of vram or more. I specifically bought the 8gb 390 for this reason. Although you could get a current generation card.
1080 is probably overkill at 1080p, even with big textures. My 390 slowed down to >15fps in some places with a mix of 4k and 2k textures. Now i use 2k or 1k textures, which is fine except for one spot. Check out "skyrim mod combiner" for a total texture
Can someone explain to me the texture requirements for screen resolutions? Like i heard you don't need big textures 4k for 1080p screens. Is this true?

My zenbook (3.gen i7, 620m) used to run skyrim with 15 mods on medium/high setting without any shadows. You shouldn't worry about it.

But he wants to play The Way It's Meant to be Played™

Enthoo pro is cheap as shit

Are you aware that heavily modded Bethesda games are unstable as fuck regardless of how powerful is your rig?

your show sucks

butthurt waifufag with a conspiracy theory

here you go

will run skyrimjob with anything you throw at it besides that realvision thing at 60fps in 1080p guaranteed.

forgot link
pcpartpicker.com/list/DNNk9W