>2014
>buys moto Sup Forums 4g
>2 years later
>still rocking, now with marshmallow, almost 40gb in total thanks to adaptive storage, and battery still lasting ~2 days

Who else still has their +2yrs old phone and still happy with it? I see people replacing their phones almost each year but I'm curious if people here still have theirs for more time.

Happy with my nexus 5. In its third year now, just needs a new battery and it'll be good for at least one more year minimum. SD800 truly was a beast for its time

>adaptive storage

>implying it's a bad thing for poorfags with 8gb phones.

Went from a nexus 4 to the following Moto g, I'm pretty happy desu

Yeah mine is in a cabinet, would use it had i not gotten free phones better than the moto Sup Forums.

iPhone 5s bros WW@

Seems like Motorola phones as a whole are under rated. Bought the Moto X Pure off a buddy. Barely used for $200. Easily one of the best phones I've used. Great screen, solid construction, front facing speakers, and battery life of easily a day and a half. Custom ROM and recovery support doesn't hurt either.

Too bad Lenovo is in charge now

I like my G3 except the RR ROM I was using has broken calling functionality but functional everything else in the most recent build.

I guess I'll try a CM nightly.

one m8 here, works good but I had to replace the screen and the replacement part is shit and the glass wont stay in place properly. At least the phone is in a very good lookin deep-red color and everyone complements how good it looks.

Moto G2 here. Are newer ones still worthy? Anyway, how your battery lasts you 2 days? You don't use much screen time?

my G1 fucked up, had the dreaded Wi-Fi bug, couldent fix it, same issue nexus phones get it seems..

Anyhow, only real downside with the 3G and i assume 4G is that it has no fucking notification lights.

so god damn annoying

Around 1h of gaming and ~3 hours of internet browsing/social media garbage each day (around 5-6 hours of sot in both days in total).
If I give it really intensive use, it last the whole day.
Dunno about the new Moto phones, those seems to be okay spec-wise, but Lenovo is kinda missing the point of the E-G-X line, specially now that they are making 3 different G phones, with one of them having a price way beyond the expected for a mid-range series.

What do you mean? G1 and 4G have a notification light, although is just a white one.

M7 is still my favorite phone. Broke the screen earlier this year and had to switch to a 2014 moto g because i'm a poorfag. I miss my M7 ;(

I only recently stopped using my lg g3. I already miss it.

G4 does?, well then, i said assume G4, the G3 does not.

Y-you wrote "4g", baka. No idea about the G4

I was rocking a Galaxy S2 until 2015. I then started using my brother's Nexus 4 until it had problems with overheatting. Now, I've got the Moto G4 as a daily driver and the S2 is used to farm giftcards.

iphone 5 from 2014

running jb with file browser, torrent client, linux terminal, and a slew of other shit.

>all that useless shit

lg g2

no reason to upgrade for a couple of years to come

I gave up on my Nexus 4 last year, and it had already turned to shit about a year before that.

my old nokia lets me read webpages easily with GPRS

Also had my Moto G LTE for years. I kinda stashed it away inside a locked box since it was a gift from my dead sister.

Now I have Moto G4

Phones get unusable around 2 years of use, you have to get a new one if you dont want to be stuck with a piece of shit laggy good for nothing brick, and cm doesnt help on it neither

My moto g lte was acting pretty bad. Got tired of it and dumped it for a redmi note 3 pro and it's just so much better

LG g2 here
See no reason to upgrade.

Using a 2014 Moto /x/ myself, still works great, no lag at all.

Note 3 owner here

I don't like Samsung products and the fake plastic chrome this phone has, but it still works so whatever.

Looking at getting a new phone soon, from Galaxy S4, stuck between the Moto X Pure, and Nexus 6P. Anyone have any thoughts/opinions? Would be appreciated.

Moto g 2014

Love everything except for the shitty SoC/ram but it was really cheap so I can't complain too much.

Before I got it I was still using an HTC evo 4g

This. My s5 is now a sensitive whining bitch. Just wanting anything smooth without touchjizz and sd slot

nougat development doesnt seem to be going well :(((

>2013
>bought Wiko Cink Five
>Still working as starts.

I broke the screen and it wouldn't turn on anymore. So I ended up getting a Xiaomi Redmi note 3 pro.

I would love it if motorola rebooted the original g with better specs.

Moto G1 here, latest CyanogenMod, still working fine.
I use it for car navigation, and talk radio streaming, sometimes music, and receiving about 1 call a week

>I would love it if motorola rebooted the original g with better specs.
Same here. The 4.5" form is perfect to keep it in a pocket and use it easily with one hand.
I don't like 5" and larger phones.
But now that Sony botched their new compact phone, it seems there is no remaining option below 5"...

Im using a hand me down iphone 5. At first i hated the os coming from android but ive gotten used to it. I like the size of this phone and its fast enough for me. I just wish the battery didnt die after 3 hours of web browsing.
Ill keep it around until i break it completely like i have all my phones.

Nexus 4

Maintained my own OS until around 6.0 and lost interest (everything became close source anyway for 7.0)

Dropped it many times, still works, battery is good enough if I keep screen dim, lasts almost the entire day.

I don't do shit on my phone. I have a calendar full of appointments and scheduled study times, I have email I only check twice a day for productivity reasons. I keep open a slow, IRC like chatroom where my friends and I keep in contact by just shitposting to a general chatroom instead of using AIDSbook or Twitter or other cancerous social media.

I also use it to call people, read papers during downtime i jacked off scihub, and have only 3 apps, 2 of which I wrote myself to stay minamalist. An HN app, a tiny weather app, and a banking app.

Don't do anything else with it except sometimes test sensor manipulating software for research that's it.

I'm holding out for something besides Android so I don't have to upgrade to the Tim Cook meme (android is now a closed source lost cause)

Just upgraded to a Galaxy S5 over my old S3 with a free hand-me-down. Screen glitches that made them replace it was just a loose ribbon cable, kek. I miss my extended battery tho. Could get another one but cba.

it's "adopted storage" nigger

Modify it with an LG G2 battery. All you need is a dremel.

I never owned an N5 but it seemed like the last great cheap Nexus.

IPhone SE here. I always liked the aesthetic now u have a future proof version.

I finally stopped using a galaxy S3
>ram issues
>storage issues, if I tried to delete too many things at once it would force a reboot, that also prevented me from installing a new rom
>SD card slot stopped working
>wifi stopped working
>gps was hit or miss, most of the time had an accuracy of about a one mile radius
>couldn't be detected by a computer
>random rebooting

just bought a Blu R1 HD
>the camera is kinda shit
>the touch accuracy is a bit annoying
but I least the damn thing works

I used an LG G2 for a few years. Gave it to my dad because he left my moto g original out in the rain. Now I have an LG G5 after having had an LG G4 for half a year. I'd still use the LG G2 if I didn't have to give it to my dad.

bought a Moto Sup Forums4 plus on Monday and already love it. it's fast, feels good to use and the camera is nothing short of brilliant. the only thing I dislike about it is that the buttons are on the screen and not fixed into the device itself.
Are there any custom Roms or the root unlocker out for it yet?

It was. If they remade it with a 4000mAh battery, no camera bump, SD650 and 3GB ram for the same or similar price as before I'd fucking buy it.

LG G3

This phone was good until early this year when the battery started to go completely fucking shit and would over heat. The phone also randomly restarts, turns off, and the phone is overall laggy. I'm going to replace it with the S7 edge because I want good battery life and a good phone.

My first smartphone was a shitty ZTE, replaced it with G3 and now hopefully getting the S7 edge. Third time's the charm r-right?

Nexus 6p for the fast fingerprint reader and updates, currently running nougat

I'm still using a Galaxy S2 :^)
Gonna have to change the battery soon but that's about it

nexus 5

buy external battery for $10

still very snappy

Galaxy S4 still, but I need to replace it soon since the microphone has stopped working for calls.

>Marshmallow

How? I'm only on 5.1 and the support ended.

I like my Moto G but the battery gets very hot using data these days so I think I need to update.

I'm using that too, Gunmetal color though. Do you think I should switch to the M9?

I had the M7 before the M8 and while it was one of the best designs, the phone's battery life was shit. The M8 has 3x the battery

Is the 5S still worth buying?

Lenovo screwed them up and brought Indian & Chinese philosophy to the brand. And that is "fuck creativity and just do what others are doing, also make 200 options of 1 device"

>buy blocked Nexus 4 for £30 on eBay
>Use it as an iPod touch with Android

noworriesm8.jpg

A year and it will stop receiving updates

>not buying the HTC One M8 instead
>that sound quality

>tfw S5 with CM
>tfw smooth and gets daily builds

Why are you torturing yourself with the abomination that is touchjizz?

Damn, botched how?

I was scared off getting a Z series due to several confirmed cases of glass cracking from people I knew.

What's wrong with the new X Compact?

Sounds like my old HD2. Tried to revive it while I was between phones. For some reason the 850Mhz band was broken. Radio issues. Would decide it was roaming just for fun.

Finally got it working on a WP 7.8 ROM and then the screen gave out.

>Blu R1 HD
How is the GPS. Accuracy and time to lock location?

I finally got an iPhone because I was so fucking tired of Android phones sucking dick at GPS lock time.

I don't know man. How does it handle these days? S2 rom support was pretty fantastic back in the day but are you on life-support like the HD2 now?

>Woaahh the HD2 can run Android 7! We're still using the libs from Tytungs 4.4 ROM. It's a buggy fucking mess. Nothing works. But it boots, woah!

Can you use it in another country? Those block lists aren't international.

>What's wrong with the new X Compact?
For me: glossy, slippery sides and back
500 EUR

>still "using" my xperia u from 2012
>can't justify upgrading to a new phone because this one still works

Nevermind. I was wrong. The black version seems to have a matte plastic back, and it's only 449 EUR.
Now it only needs CyanogenMod support and I'll buy the Sony Xperia X Compact.

Have the exact same phone. Incredibly durable and marshmallow has given it better battery life and speed in my experience.

>I have a Samsung Galaxy S7 now so I don't have to worry

Galaxy S4/S5 owner incoming. Best phone to date.

I've used a Moto G 4G up until a month ago, when I got my hot new Redmeme Note 3 Pro.

I really liked the 1st gen G. Really great for the price, feels nice in the hand, light, decent enough specs for daily use. However, I wanted something with a bigger screen and some more power for multitasking. Especially playing sound over bluetooth lagged occasionally when browsing at the same time.

I still keep the Moto G as a backup phone, though. Planning to install CM13 on that soon and making it lean and mean so it can serve me another year for going out / drinking / vacations when I don't want to take my xboxhueg/brand new R3NP because of pocket size and the danger of losing it.

>Also had my Moto G LTE for years. I kinda stashed it away inside a locked box since it was a gift from my dead sister.

>Now I have Moto G4
Bro dark

i had a moto g 4g, and it was a great phone.
I used it until ~ march of this year when I get something better suited to my needs. After updating the 4g to official 5.x the phone became incredibly laggy and unstable, often rebooting a number of times per day, freezing, and often failing to last through the day due to google services consuming large amounts of CPU time. I tried out CM based roms for months that never actually alleviated the issues and often had their own problems. Tried to remove google services from the stock rom, but that breaks nearly all of the subsystems like the mail fetcher, gps and maps, etc.

As a replacement, i got another 2014 phone, a blackberry. Im happy as can be with it. It with some sense of irony is running android apps faster than my moto g did, and it has half the cores, and has to run the apps inside a VM...maps/navigation also work without play services on it, which is a nice big +

Too bad the Moto X Play doesn't have a gyro. It doesn't make sense because the Moto G Play, which will cost way less, but only brbr and pooinloos will get it, has a gyro. What the hell is Lenovo doing?

CM13 works well on my XT1039. Had to update the bootloader and radio firmware since I was coming from KitKat.

Is CM13 based on Marshmallow? I will install that when I get home if so because that's ace

Yes

Sick. Thanks man, I'm gonna play with this tonight. You're a star.

I use a moto g 2nd gen, (best gen imho), and it just works.

Still gonna upgrade to either OnePlusMeme or ZenFone 3, mainly because 1gb ram wont cut it anymore for these new apps.

I love motorola, but their price for value has gone wonky. A napkin designed phone with snap 617 with 4gb for 250? nah man do better, 30 bucks more and you can get both looks and specs.

They're Lenovo now. I'm seriously considering the ZenFone 3 as a replacement for my Moto G LTE. The RAM is small and the battery gets intensely hot. I think the ZF would be a great upgrade for the price.

I have one too with same age but with Zerolemon case instead of a new battery. I'm planning on changing it on future but not sure when. I'm waiting something cool happen.

> battery life of easily a day and a half
Have I been lied to? Pretty sure Moto X Pure 2015 has sot of about 2-3 hours unless you literally don't use your phone at all

I'm sure he means standby or just watching notifications without opening them.

OnePlus One here.
No reason to upgrade plus a tons of roms. I may replace the battery, though.

Oh yeah i forgot about the hot thing. I was meaning to post about this.

While playing Pokemon Go (or barely playing it) on my Moto G2, it gets too hot to put in my pocket and gets my hand sweaty so I cant accurately chuck the 3fps balls and the stuttering jerky ass fucking pokemans.

This is what convinced me that its time has come.

Same man. Phone was £140 when I got it, great budget phone while I was a student, but it's time to replace it! I'm still not sure what to go for yet but I'm still paying off my overdraft so I've got plenty of time to decide. As long as it doesn't get hot and I can put an SD card in, I'm happy.

Still have an iphone 3gs which I bought not long after its release.

I'm about to buy a new phone now, but only because I'm going travelling and need some new apps. feel like the smartphone business is just rigged to make you buy new all the time.

I'm still using the moto g first gen 8gb but i will get the meme 3 pro.

who iphone 5 here

>playing video games

I have the same one, it's fucking slow

>tfw no copperhead os for Moto G 3G
what's the most secure rom for it? should i go with CM and freecygn? or something else?

the g3 has a white light notification too, but it's disabled with the stock rom, using another rom will make it work

Ayye GS4 reporting in

it does not.

Sony Z3c approaching 2 years. It's still a fantastic phone but I'd a larger screen. The only phone that interests me at the moment is One Plus 3 but I don't think it'd have as good battery life, screen brightness, colour accuracy or possibly camera. Ehhh

Still using my Moto X 2014 getting 5-6 hours of SOT. Never been over 8gb tho what do you guys do to use some much storage?

Music. Literally shit tons of music on a 32Gb.

indeed

115 Gesamtanzahls, what a lad.