DCP encryption cracked

torrentfreak.com/pirates-plunder-4k-hateful-eight-but-did-they-crack-dcp-160906/

Coming soon: 4K digital masters being released on torrent the day of theater opening.

Other urls found in this thread:

jii.moe/VJK5_eYsb.webm
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/No_true_Scotsman
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Yeah, I actually watched this movie in perfect quality for my laptop before it came out in theaters. Good work on that guys.

Pirates win again, is not big surprise

Theatrecucks on suicidewatch

But where can you pirate it? Kickass, piratebay and isocunt are all dead

>piratebay dead
Is this even possible anymore?

Rutracker

DCP crypto is done with AES+TPM+RSA
Betting on compromised after decoding but before playback (i.e. software recording, WebRip style)
Still 1000x better than cam or telecine

Jews BTFO

It's a zombie. No matter how much you want it dead, the bastard keeps coming back.

Thanks for the tip OP

nice javs

How's G Gundam?

Piratebay on onion, dude.

>it's still 25fps
when will they ever learn?

low-framerate stuttery american media gives me a headache

Got a magnet link?

THANK YOU BASED PIRATES

who needs non-vomit-inducing framerates when we can instead have slightly sharper unimportant background elements?

I don't get it. I already watch movies fairly early? 1080p HD, 700-800mb. what's the big deal here?

24fps will always be sufficient for film.

24fps will always be sufficient for causing headaches

VHS resolution will also always be "sufficient" for watching a film, doesn't mean it's ideal

99.9% of the population does not have this problem.

really makes you think...

>38GiB

Na, there's really a limit on how much detail you can reproduce from VHS.

Now 4k is worthless but 720 to 1080 is perfectly fine.

it's retarded. a perfect rip is like 3gb tops...

Sturgeon's law applies to people

Well it's a high resolution and not compressed very much.
Raw video is extremely big.

3 hours of raw 2160p video is far, far bigger than 38G

>38 GB
>not compressed very much

Well okay if it was uncompressed it'd be like 900GB.

You could clearly compress it down to below 38GB though if you upped the compression. There's a lot of room there.

what the fuck... are you telling me I need a bigger file for 4k? your retarded... how come I am streamin 4k youtube so quickly then?

because youtube quality is ass

what are you talking about... it's 4k, it's pretty much perfect. literal eye candy.

Youtube's encodes make YIFY look good in comparison.

but there is no difference between them. real 4k is real 4k.

You should watch some real 4K. For example, download this hateful eight release.
Or you might not want to since you'll stop seeing youtube 4K as good looking.

You have very little comprehension of compression.

>dat Tokyohot
Das it mane

If the projector (w/ appropriate keys) can read and decrypt the package, so can a hypothetical ripping tool. I'm shocked it hadn't happened before now.

wait up... so you've been saying that all those 4-5gb 4k movies I've watched were NOT real 4k?

get your shit together m8, there's a lot more to video quality than just megapickles

Like I said, you have very little comprehension of compression.
You have no watched any uncompressed 4K video, so no, those movies were not real 4K.
Neither are these DCP rips, but they're much closer.

It's complicated. They're real 4K in the sense that the picture is 3840 pixels wide. They're fake 4K in the sense that the bitrate is too low to take proper advantage of 4K.

Think of it like saving a JPEG in Photoshop. Let's say you need to fit a picture into 100KB. You have two options: Resize it to 2K and save with a high JPEG quality setting, or save it at 4K but with a very low quality setting. The 4K one might still have some more detail in places but overall the low quality setting will make it look awful, right? Blocky and smeary, etc. The 2K, high-quality one would look way better.

The concepts of still image compression don't exactly map into video compression, but hopefully that helps with the general idea.

>it's not uncompressed so it's not 4K
And you're just as clueless as him.

You know, if you're going to quote me you could at least not remove words that completely change the meaning of the sentence.

His entire world view revolves around the idea that resolution is everything and there is absolutely no difference whatsoever between files apart from that. (i.e. typical consumer mindset)

Something tells me he would probably even prefer the youtube version..

Which words? Real? What the fuck is "real" 4K supposed to mean? It's either 4K or it isn't. And yes, those shitty youtube videos are 4K. It's just that resolution is not an indicator of quality.

(would have uploaded the clip i made, but Sup Forums has a 2048x2048 webm resolution limit)
...(would have uploaded a png, but it was over the png size limit)

I implied real as being uncompressed.
Like calling Kraft slices cheese- kraft slices are compressed cheese.

wow this is higher quality than real life

No, projector has HW keys like a TPM/EMV chip
Only way is to "imitate" projector to TPM then MITM. This has to be done live, time lock with ramper proof hw clock.
And they're watermarked, so an insider can't do it unless they have 2 in different countries

There's no official one true meaning of "real" 4K. Having said that, it's true that it is misleading to advertise a video source by its resolution if the encoding parameters are blatantly insufficient to make use of that resolution.

If I were asked to define "real 4K", I'd go with one of these:

* 3840x2160 encoded transparently; i.e no quality degradation compared to a lossless encoding of the same resolution for a viewer with typical eyesight and at typical viewing distance

or a lesser, but more realistic definition:

* 3840x2160 encoded at a high enough quality to provide a significant image quality improvement relative to transparent 1080p (the definition of "significant" is left as an exercise for the reader).

This is silly. A high enough quality lossy video encoding is completely indistinguishable from lossless to human eyes.

Then what about italian style hard cheese verses parmesan
Or Mozzarella made with cow's milk.

Well whatever the point is that youtube 4K is heavily compressed

>Inb4 people will tell you that Gibibyte don't exist

actually here, i'll do this

check out this literal eye candy
jii.moe/VJK5_eYsb.webm

4K is 4K, regardless of quality.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/No_true_Scotsman

>4-5GB 4k videos
>4x the number of pixels as 1080p but still the acceptable file size range as 1080p
See, the problem here is that you have been watching shit 1080 rips in comparison.

4k should still only be 16-20GB though.

Enjoy your 400kb/s '4K'

38 GiB IS bigger than 38 GB.

No, I won't enjoy it, but it still is 4K.

So what does this mean for existing movies? I doubt we'll be able to see movies from say, earlier this year uploaded as DCP rips due to people just not having access to them anymore, right? Or have people been grabbing these on the off chance there'd be a breakthrough like this?

And so is your mom's fat ass

yes, thanks for that completely irrelevant piece of information i already knew

How do they get around the watermark?

im fine with 720p
fuck dowloading 50gb

Yes, technically you can call any 3840x2160 encode "4K". But people expect a certain quality standard from 4K, because it's advertised as the next big thing/cinema quality/etc. If your encoding falls far short of that standard, it is misleading to call it 4K even though you're technically correct.

Given people's propensity for hoarding, there's bound to be at least one autist still holding onto them.

People who conflate resolution with perceived video quality are misleading themselves.
It's entirely their own fault.

Where do you draw the line? If I tell someone I'm delivering a 4K video to them, but it's actually an upscaled DVD, is that A-okay in your book because technically the file is 3840x2160?

Well you see, there's an argument that goes along like this:
People are not expected to know the fine details of every single thing they buy, and expect that the advertising and labelling is accurate and not misleading. Therefore it is not the responsibility of the consumer to not be mislead, but of the sellers to not mislead.

Also I hate how in that sentence mislead is pronounced two different ways. Sorry non-english natives.

He's a libertarian, don't bother. Rational arguments are useless.

magnet:?xt=urn:btih:819affa4490e49d4bc30699a0415fe0dc4174cb7&dn=The%20Hateful%20Eight%202015%204K%20UHD%202160p%20REMUX%20DCPRip%20DTS-HD%205.1-DDR&tr=udp%3a%2f%2ftracker.leechers-paradise.org%3a6969&tr=udp%3a%2f%2fzer0day.ch%3a1337&tr=udp%3a%2f%2fopen.demonii.com%3a1337&tr=udp%3a%2f%2fexodus.desync.com%3a6969&tr=udp%3a%2f%2ftracker.coppersurfer.tk%3a6969

Real 4k from an encoding standpoint is retarded in my opinion.

The only real 4k is video that is filmed in 4k, not those that were filmed at 1080/2k and then upsampled to 4k to fill a quota of UHD movie releases.

Piratebay is coming back to life more now that ex KAT user as well as uploaders are going back to it

The only problem with piratebay is its indexing/sorting will never be fixed

Sooooo...What's the verdict? Download this or wait?

>But people expect a certain quality standard from 4K
Most people won't/can't even see the fucking difference at a normal distance from their screen.
They're going to be horribly disappointed.

might aswell download. I am not taking anyone else's word for it.

i will just put this on my seed box and test it. But its so slow at this time.

around the same bitrate, but 720p
notice how much nicer the quality is overall

if you want small files, it's usually better to get a higher quality lower resolution copy, than a bit-starved higher resolution one

This still doesn't stop movie content from sucking.

>Now 4k is worthless

More like its niche for people who own 4k Displays

It would not be okay because you would be using a higher resolution that the source resolution. It would be 4K though.

Youtube and Netflix are already providing 4K video that looks worse than 1080p BluRay. Advertising is deliberately misleading and they get away with it because it is technically accurate.

It's not even that.

The biggest jump in quality we had was VHS to DVD.
The next biggest jump, which was still quite a big jump, was DVD to Blu-ray, and a big portion of that was simply because mpeg-2 was a pile of shit.

But now we are at the point where size of TV, comfortable viewing distance and resolution are meeting up with that whole Retina calculation.

So unless you have a 4k display that you're going to sit two feet away from, so mostly us, you're not going to see most of the added benefit of detail from 4k simply because your eyes can't resolve it.

Which means that for most people who decide to sit around in their lounge and watch their 4k movies on their 4k TV they literally wouldn't be able to see any difference between it and 1080p on the same screen.

>What the fuck is "real" 4K supposed to mean?

It means content originally created in that resolution and not artificially upscaled after

To be fair, I'm only interested in 4k because I'll be able to take better quality screenshots for shitposting purposes.

>Which means that for most people who decide to sit around in their lounge and watch their 4k movies on their 4k TV they literally wouldn't be able to see any difference between it and 1080p on the same screen.

I guess only PC vidya players would have any benefit to use it

>Which means that for most people who decide to sit around in their lounge and watch their 4k movies on their 4k TV they literally wouldn't be able to see any difference between it and 1080p on the same screen.

You can see more detail by sitting closer :^)

How can I distinguish the difference?

>filmed in 4k
But what if it was shot on film? Film doesn't have a resolution per se.

i just tried using piratebay and it steams that they did fix the indexing/sorting and also the search

it use to be broken a few weeks ago but i guess they fixed it now

Film doesn't have a set pixel resolution but you still have a limited amount of detail that can be captured through a given lens.

isn't it still filled with malware and harmful ads n shiet?

>But what if it was shot on film? Film doesn't have a resolution per se.

A rough rule of thumb conversion for a movie resolution that was shot in 35mm film is around 30-40 megapixel

1080p resolution is around 2 megapixel in comparison

>theater gets 4k release
>it's not released on home video
what is this shit

4k is still unpiratable due to the massive file sizes.

You download 2 4k videos and your HDD will be maxed the fuck out.

Can't you silly goyim see that 4k is just a meme?

It search/indexing/sorting is still shot when compared to what KAT had. TPB has npt been updated for decades

>isn't it still filled with malware and harmful ads n shiet?

Use adblockers, dont download software from TPB. Download from known uploaders and you are good to use TPB

is this a movie or show?

>TPB has npt been updated for decades
>decades
I don't even know if you're underage and you think torrents have been around since BBS days or if you're exaggerating.
I genuinely can't even tell anymore.

>4k is still unpiratable due to the massive file sizes.

Did you even read this thread? People ARE pirating 4k. Not everyone has shit internet in their country

show, Strike Back
i haven't watched it yet, so i couldn't say if it's any good

>What is compression