How does this make Sup Forums feel?

how does this make Sup Forums feel?

Other urls found in this thread:

pcworld.com/article/3114706/windows/microsoft-fixes-windows-10s-anniversary-update-freezing.html
blogs.windows.com/business/2016/08/11/updates-to-silicon-support-policy-for-windows/
pcworld.com/article/3112663/software/microsoft-made-em-do-it-the-latest-kaby-lake-zen-chips-will-support-only-windows-10.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Impotent rage.

That said it's not like performance is making leaps and bounds any longer. You could be using a core2quad today and be a happy little clam for day2day usage.

Feels good.
Poorfags can stay on their outdated windows 7 and Sandy Shit :^)

but windows 10 is literally free, zero incentive to active = free

It WAS free, for a year.

And only if you'd purchased w8 or 7 already

The wording pisses me off the most. New amd64 microarchitectures are not Windows 10 only. It's just that Windows users will need to use Windows 10.

>tfw I finally appreciate W8.1 and still rocking my trusty i5-2500k

zero fucks, zero problems

so let's ARM (or the other)
or
user will reverse enginigger it
or
more efficient OS, is not like they are the double speed than currents CPU, RIP Moore's l law or it got negative singularity, aka stale pasta

No they won't, they just might need Win10 to get some brand new CPU features, which will still take like 10 years to be actually required by software.

I don't understand. If I want to use win 7 on a zen CPU I'm fucked ?

Right up the ass

>enginigger
kek

It will probably limit your cpu. Juts like using more than 4 gig ram on a 86x operating system.

This wont be the case, otherwise
1) what will apple do
2) about 10% of the market wont use them
3) surely theirs some anti monopoly laws regarding this or something along those lines right?

Either way it will mean arm or another architecture will gain new popularity

Nice try OP
pcworld.com/article/3114706/windows/microsoft-fixes-windows-10s-anniversary-update-freezing.html

ยป what will apple do
Update OSX to support it you fucking retard.

I think it's more likely they're purposefully crippled on older windows versions. Not that they won't work on other operating systems.

Don't give a shit, I'll be installing Loonix either way.

it means i'm slowly buying skylake cpu and mobo so i don't have to fucking deal with stock running out.

i'm perfectly happy with my 3570k. i would use it for another 5 years without upgrading a thing. because that's how long this tower has lasted so far.

instead it's going to turn into my workstation and i build a new gayming tower.

They already went back on that.

Anyway, it's an 'official support' thing rather than actual support.

>comparing CPU instruction sets to memory address ranges
never touch a computer again user

>support only Windows 10
>support
Key word there, because if it was literally Windows 10-only, that would be illegal in soooo many countries.

R u retard??????

I once talked to a guy I know who was in the Microsoft Surface Book team and when he asked me about it I told him I would never buy a laptop without a trackpoint.

For some reason this made him fucking furious kek.

they're pulling an NVidia

Indifferent. Im downgrading to Win10 probably next year on my desktop when I'll swap out my motherboard and my CPU.
I recently got a laptop that has linux and I use my e-mail and everything even slightly personal on it. Already started getting used to using my desktop only for gaming and nothing else. Not that hard when I have the laptop right next to me anyways. Jews can observe how much I play and thats it. I dont even use youtube on my desktop anymore.

and by fucking furious I meed he had this scowl on his face and spent 20 minutes fruitlessly trying to convince me trackpoints suck and that his entire team agrees.

trackpoints are amazing
I physically disabled the touchpad on my x220t because of how shitty it was

It's not like there's any reason to get newer hardware anyway these days unless something breaks.

I wonder if that means other OS' will suffer because of it. I dont plan on updating because of backdoors anyway

Apparently Windows is the only operating system in existence?

I doubt it. Microsoft can't force intel or AMD to only support Windows and not competing OS's. Not without hilarious legal issues.

What they CAN do is limit support on older Windows versions since it's their fucking OS and they can do whatever they like. Specifically it will probably be a lack of instruction set support (SSE X.X etc) on win7.

This is just another attempt to force >Windows users< to use Windows 10. They have not exactly been subtle about this. They don't want another Windows XP situation.

i didn't wait zen for this

I wanted to build a Zen+ rig though.

P O W E R 8
O
W
E
R

Every1 install gentoo

You can install Windows 7 on any CPU, Summit Ridge and Kaby Lake included.

These articles are all clickbait. The only thing you're missing in not using Windows 10 is support for intel's new pstate switching scheme and AMD's equivalent.
The CPUs would work with Windows 95 if you wanted to run it.

Anti-trust when?
>outdated windows 7
lel

>Apparently Windows is the only operating system in existence?

If you want an OS that just werks? Yes it is.

How long will it take someone to "break" this so that Linux works?

break what?

"The latest Kaby Lake Zen chip" so that it supports more than just Windows 10

Holy shit this is pro tier bait.

nothing per blogs.windows.com/business/2016/08/11/updates-to-silicon-support-policy-for-windows/
>our 6th Gen Intel Core (Skylake) support policy.* We have extended the support period from July 17, 2018 to the end of support dates for Windows 7 and Windows 8.1; and we will provide all applicable security updates. ;^)

Its still free if you pretend to be disabled or some shit.

Most windows users wont need to pretend desu.

pcworld.com/article/3112663/software/microsoft-made-em-do-it-the-latest-kaby-lake-zen-chips-will-support-only-windows-10.html

>mom, i type shit in terminal i'm sooo 1337hax3r xD

blogs.windows.com/business/2016/08/11/updates-to-silicon-support-policy-for-windows/
>our 6th Gen Intel Core (Skylake) support policy.* We have extended the support period from July 17, 2018 to the end of support dates for Windows 7 and Windows 8.1; and we will provide all applicable security updates. ;^)

those graphics make zero sense.

The OS is going to be nearly 7 years old once the processors come out. Get a grip, cavemen

This doesn't actually mean kaby lake/zen chips will not work with windows 7/8.1. It mainly just means the support will be limited and newer chip features won't make it back to 7/8.1.

So really it feels fine.

Since the Win10 update i've been mainlining linux and dual booting windows for games.

Hopefully bullshit like this will push enough people to Linux for mainstream developers to pay attention to it. A few are now. Valve really need to set up a bounty fund for devs who port to linux to offset costs of porting.

How can you understand what your processor's pstates are and find those confusing?

exactly like how skylake "won't work on anything but windows 10"
which really means the intel fast clock speed changy thingy

> have 10 computers

finally a reason to use those computers until I die

Yeah, who cares it has like 1/3 of the performance and takes 3x as much power.

I'll just make used 775socket Xeon pc and use it until i die

Better yet, used 1151 pc

>see this
what do

>since it's their fucking OS and they can do whatever they like
Yeah, like they can supply their OS with whichever browser they like. Oh wait, they couldn't and freetards here were actually supporting government harassment.

It'll make more people move to GNU/Linux, so I see it as a good thing, I guess.

They're gonna run just fine on the old ones.

I ran W7 on Skylake big deal...

The year of Linux desktop!

this, I even also own an x220t

You tried to be sarcastic but what you said is true. For day2day tasks who cares indeed.

I won't tell you to go to Sup Forums, but just know that you do not belong here.

The article is phrased poorly as it is written to Windows users. It will work on non-Windows platforms, they are just again trying to force Windows users to stay up to date.

You fags are autistic as fuck. It's an apology. You can use underage Chinese hookers as an example of cpu architecture if it gets the point across.

Lately I have been thinking about what GNU/Linux users still need. I realized that we already have a decent office suite for the normies. Who we really need to convert are the people who use AutoCAD or Adobe Creative Suite and such. If only someone could convince the head of the companies to fall in love with GNU/Linux so we could get effects similar to what we got after Gabe Newell got mad at Windows 8.

0.9v / 1.6GHz idle, 1.268v / 4.5GHz load

Speed shift sounds like a useless meme technology tbqpfh

Its intended for nothing but ultabooks.
Hitting peak turbo faster and returning to idle faster reduces net power enough to give a single digit increase in battery life in some intel lab tests.

oh right yeah I forgot about that

mainboard producers will provide win7 drivers. screencap this post

>how does this make Sup Forums feel?
Wery good. This will help for linux promotion. Next reason to quit windows.

Fortunately impossible. It'd be absolute abuse of a monopoly.

Unfortunately not being compatible with "legacy" operating system isn't considered a problem.

>he purchased windows
Do you honestly believe more than 5% of it's users actually bought it? Nobody buys legal copies when you can simply torrent it.

>but windows 10 is literally free
Would you eating shit if someone offer it for free?

>poo analogy

You Indians are really obsessed with fecal matter.

>so we could get effects similar to what we got after Gabe Newell got mad at Windows 8
So we need Adobe to push their badly reskinned Ubuntu with new major bugs, caused by somebody at Valve not understanding how "rm" works? And we need somebody to stop making software because we make enough money from little kids gambling their money away?

It's good. Forces retards who can't handle change to update anyway if they want up-to-date hardware.

Motherboard manufactures already make a work around for Skylake

Pretty sure they will do it for Kaby as well

>Do you honestly believe more than 5% of it's users actually bought it?
Yes. A very big amount of Windows licenses are corporate ones. And they don't care about the money, just that it works.
A big amount of home users also paid for Windows. They bought pre-built PCs or Laptops with Windows included. And then there are those who are not poor and/or do not want to deal with constantly activating Windows and making sure not to install certain updates to keep it activated.

Yeah, update to buggy trash that reports to Microsoft how often you get up to take a shit along with everything you type.

Are you retarded?

you over estimate how many people know how to torrent

same thing essentially

this
luddites btfo

Winbabbies had it coming. Will be sitting here enjoying all the tears

Doesn't matter at all.
I don't give a fuck about some power savings mode that the Win10 enables on a desktop.

>future tense
Why not do it today?

>I physically disabled the touchpad on my x220t because of how shitty it was
You cut the wire? Why not just disable it in BIOS?

Linux will always work. Even Intel isn't jewish enough to give up their server/supercomputer market share

You're forgetting that most Windows installations are enterprise/corporate machines, you can't go around pirating software in a big company

>you can't go around pirating software in a big company

what bullshit retard this happens all the time with every iteration of new hardware that new commands/features are not supported on old software but it will still continue to work with windows 7/8.1 but without the new features. These articles shitty clickbait articles and ofc all these armchair experts here fall for them over and over again.

Yeah Sup Forums is full of idiots honestly

I mainly come here for laughs

Apology accepted.

Windows 10 is still free with the pirate discount.

The free upgrade wasn't available for enterprise machines, dude.

Report for fake picture

>:^)
And you can stay on your reddit

Shit LED's though ayy

No, you're retarded; learn to read.