How does the CPU industry make any money?

How does the CPU industry make any money?

I got my 2600k to 4.5ghz stable years ago and it still can't be beat by 99.9% of the market stock.

It's almost laughable when we we're talking about 300mhz processors just 10 years earlier.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Megahertz_myth
changhongusa.com/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

servers

raw power+effeiciecy

That's a consumer market?

I would imagine people running small servers are smart enough to overclock.

10 years ago we had 3Ghz+ Pentium 4's. Wut?

10 years before the 2600k sounds about right.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Megahertz_myth

Most consumer sales have been laptops for a while. Desktop sales are in decline.

That stopped being relevant in the mid 2000s.

Op doesn't seem to realize that. He's comparing CPUs purely on the clock speed.

Take a look at the high-end server CPUs. Haswell-EP maxed out at 18 cores, Broadwell-EP has 22. Consumer market haven't improved signficantly since Sandy Bridge.

A 5 year old 2600k @ 4.5 ghz is basically unrivaled in most scenarios by modern stock processors.

I don't have a fucking clue, seems all the money goes to Taiwan for flashy PCBs, cases, coolers and other memes while America, Israel, Japan, Germany etc are doing all the heavy lifting on breakthrough technologies

Laptops havent gotten better since 2009

>buying kike or gook shit

Literally pointless when Western companies are currently killing it in the tech industry.

Change that with 2011 and you'll actually be right.

Which western company should i buy my gpu, mobo, case and psu from?

EVGA, Corsair, NZXT, etc. just stop being a goy basically.

So is it just EVGA for mobo and gpu stuff? Also why is their site so shit, cant they take a leaf out of the gooks books and actually tell me what their z170 mitx mobo does?

I really don't know much about EVGA for motherboards (I assume they're fine, their PSUs and video cards are well made and in some cases top tier), I think that's the one place where you're going to have some trouble finding the same degree of consistency.

That being said, I think it's fine to just accept slightly lower quality to avoid being put on the good goy list.

Lol, the evga mitx mobo doesnt even have wifi. You americans have got lazy with success, victory has defeated you

>buy western hardware
>EVGA PSU which have as OEMs Seasonic (based in taiwan), FSP (Taiwan again) and Super Flower (China)
It ain't working senpai.

You should see the amount of people who bought Z97 motherboards and high end or even watercooling for the G3258. The chip doesn't even hit Tcase at it's maximum overclocking potential with the stock cooler (which cools your VRMs)

typical linus shilltips good guy build

>new case from Thermaltake(tm)
>G.Skill RIPJAWS heatspreader ram(tm)
>meme cooler from Coolermaster(tm)
>extra 120mm fan from Thermaltake(tm)
>Z97 GAYMUR from ASUS/Assrock(tm)
>skimps out on the CPU
>throws perfectly capable Intel cooler in the trash

Do you really have to be such a faggy millennial?

It's still a Western company. Using Chinese slaves is just good business sense.

So the question remains how does Intel and AMD make money from those people?

>good guy build

i hear ya bro. when i got my 2600k there was talk about mass market octacore being just around the corner. it took 5 years just for them to release that, and it's a fucking extreme edition at that. fuck intel and fuck their lack of competition spurring zero innovation.

>evgA
>nxzxy
>corsair
MFW

why should i pay an american company that uses chinese slaves when i can just buy from the slaves themselves and get a better product cheaper. Future sure looks bright for the US

>i can just buy from the slaves themselves and get a better product cheaper

That's not how it works, though. Plus, it's the difference between putting money in the pocket of a Western or Eastern middleman.

Jews have been middlemen for millennia and it's gotten them pretty far. I wouldn't say it's totally meaningless.

because the chinese slaves are even bigger jews than americans and will try to rip you off by ignoring things like QC and reliability

Gigabyte

Americans have actual reliability and safety standards for their products. Who do you think designs their product to spec and ensures quality?

Clearly the asians have shit qc, which is why people dont buy their products, and asian companies are so outnumbered by western countries. Or something like that right?

Japan and Taiwan have okay QC.

The Chinks do not.

In any case, I trust a Western electrical engineer to send some gooks proprietary schematics (which Seasonic and others later steal and copy, surely) over the corners being cut at ground zero.

A skylake i5 would crush your cpu without an overclock, get over yourself poorfag

spoiler: it fucking doesnt. the scores are basically the same according to userbenchmark.

What about singapore? I have a gigabyte mobo that i dislike, an asus gpu, thermaltake case and cpu cooler, coolermaster psu, and asus and samsung monitors, plus samsung 950. Which of those has bad qc?

>being this much of a slave to international gookery

How can you even look yourself in the mirror?

Actually, the stock is much slower than the overclocked 2600k.

Better gooks then jews imo. At least the gooks are mainly concerned with being more white

The Jews have one tiny sliver of land in the middle of a literal god forsaken wasteland.

The Chinks have endless hordes of slaves and endless plains upon which to stage future wars against our people.

>USA
>tiny sliver of land

You need to get out a map user

Truth, ever wondered why Kingston has the lowest rate of DOA and faulty RAM despite being a secondary producer?

Gskill will charge you MORE for the same shit and and program unattainable XMP timings because you will blame the board or just run JEDEC like the other 95% who leave it at stock, its a winning business model to rush QA and push shit out faster in 2016

>userbenchmark

Why are you comparing OC to non-OC chips? Wouldn't you be OCing the skylake as well? Also what about DDR4, more PCI lanes, more memory slots, better sli performance, m2, etc. Regardless, I still wouldn't upgrade until I see what 2017 brings.

Sandybridge was the OC messiah.

>USA
>white

You mean "gibibyte"

By having certain features removed from the old K processor, and adding it in again into the newer ones.

Example: You can't use VT-d. A new Skylake i7 6700K or i5 6600K can. This is essential for PCI passthrough.

Actually it can. I went from a 4.6ghz 2500k to 6600k. At a glance max fps was near same, but the difference is when in heavy scenes the 2500j would drop to 40 or lower, the 6600 stayed above 65 fps and that made a large impression of smoothness to me. But if you can deal with frame dips then yea you're good.

>buyers remorse: the post

Servers are not meant for overclocking, you . Server CPUs aren't overclockable.

We were talking about the consumer market you illiterate. A consumer-grade server can be supported on your dad's pentium 4.

>cpuboss

Power efficiency, heat output ectect

What?

Motherboard died before the processor 2 years ago.

Still works but it's in a media server now.

There'll never be another broad like Sandy.

They want you to use "the cloud" so they can sell an expensive xeon to a company to replace your PC, then sell you a 5watt mobile chip at a highly inflated price to access the cloud.

Beyond that they do not seem to have a clue, they have no vision for what a consumer could do with more powerful CPUs so they will kill PCs instead.

>10 years before the 2600k sounds about right.

Underage? You could get a 2 GHz P4 in 2001.

*your mothers husbands pentium 4
ftfy

I'm 24. In any case, 'about right'. A consumer grade CPU in 97-99' fits the bill.

That's where you're wrong, kiddo.

So you are comparing the cpu you have literally wrung the bollocks off on clock speed to standard cpus? what about the clockable ones of those?

>wrung the bollocks off on

First of all, lol

Second of all, see

>still can't be beat by 99.9% of the market stock.

hahahahaha

MAGA
A
G
A

well can you get any more out of it? no as otherwise you would have done.
whats next, saying a 960 is still a fine gpu

>can you get any more out of it?

Probably. I'd just rather not.

>people still push sandy meme
at least post something proper like ivy

Not 97-99.

It's 1997. 1999 was 800mhz, almost 3 times higher. So almost 15 years before Sandy Bridge.

>That's not how it works

Not anymore, senpai.

changhongusa.com/

So they sell you rejects from the assembly line designed with schematics stolen from some Japanese/American engineer?

I'll stick to Walmart, thanks. They negotiate better than I do.

>Also what about DDR4

Useless for most applications.
Why do you think LGA 2011 failed in the consumer market?

Users that aren't running servers or some other bulk processing don't need the extra bandwidth yet.

What we can take advantage of is dramatically lower latency with the upcoming first iteration of serial RAM

>jews
>white
Wow, you're stupid.

Nvidia does not use a M series for them anymore, Laptops will now use their standard GPU, no more differences.

Theyre underclocked a bit iirc, especially on the 1080 models, maybe less so on a 1060 inside a laptop

>good goy build

How does alienware / falcon northwest making any money?

I bought my i7 like 4 years ago and it still going strong. Im thinking of buying a new motherboard soon though which means that I'll have to get a new one.
Like most people here say, I guess its the servers and such that bring in the dosh.

No he's not. A 4.5GHz 2600k is perfectly capable of outperforming more recent CPUs

Really? as single core speed I dont think it comes close.

you think wrong

what said

so you are saying its as good as a 4790k on single core perfomance?

Comparable, within about 5%.

If you don't overclock the 4790k too much yes

supermicro

weird doing a search most places say 22% faster single core.
yeah thought so, IF. What an absolute load of shit. Basically clock any other cpu and itlll beat it. Kind of negates the point.

An overclocked 4.4GHz 6600k can JUST edge ahead of older i7s in singlecore performance. Multicore performance is still worse off but not by a huge amount

Single core on stock will be only 10% faster, higher clockrate @4.5ghz will make up maybe half that difference.

sorry yes I was really wanting to compare a 4790k to a 2600k.

>How does the CPU industry make any money?

Mobile markets. The only people who have desktops are 'enthusiasts' and offices, every other average person has some kind of laptop.

Sandy overclocks better than Haswell

That's right. The average consumer is just browsing facebook or playing pokemon go. You don't need a big hulking desktop and screen to do that.

Huh? A 6ghz i7 clocked some 50% higher than my stock 6700k gets a score 0.3 lower than mine?

Because the vast majority of computer users aren't enthusiast like Sup Forums and buy prebuilt computers that, you guessed it, comes with cpus
You need to get out more and realize the outside world is much bigger than Sup Forums

That's not 3GHz which you couldn't get until much later.

If you feel bad about having a piece of hardware that keeps on working for years, just buy apple next time.

>99.9% of the market stock.
i7-4790K