/spg/ - Smartphone General

If requesting purchasing advice, please provide your country and what carrier you will be using it with, along with wanted features, budget and size.

Good resources:
>reviews, specs, comparisons
gsmarena.com
phonearena.com
kimovil.com

>Frequency checker
willmyphonework.net
frequencycheck.com

>Chinkphone news
gizchina.com
gizmochina.com

>Recommended Chinkphones $80-$300 as of March 2016
wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/Chink_shit_general/Phones

>Post a mini-review of your phone
>Discuss upcoming and current models
>Ask for help related to phones
>Tell us how much shekels you spent on good/bad phone
>Shill your Xiaomi
>PRAISE THE CHINKPHONES

News:
Android 7.0 Nougat review
gsmarena.com/android_v70_nougat-review-1491.php

Huawei-made 7-inch Google Pixel tablet with 4GB of RAM on the way
gsmarena.com/huaweimade_7inch_google_pixel_tablet_with_4gb_of_ram_on_the_way-news-20354.php

Xiaomi Mi Note 2 might launch as early as next week
gsmarena.com/xiaomi_mi_note_2_could_launch_as_early_as_next_week-news-20336.php

OnePlus to merge Oxygen and Hydrogen ROM
gsmarena.com/oneplus_to_merge_oxygen_and_hydrogen_rom-news-20351.php

Samsung's Note 7 Recall Will Be Expensive (est. $1 Billion US)
bloomberg.com/news/articles/2016-09-04/samsung-s-note-7-recall-will-be-expensive-but-probably-worth-it

Meizu M3 Max goes official with 6-inch display, 4,100mAh battery
gsmarena.com/meizu_m3_max_goes_official_with_6inch_display_4100mah_battery-news-20341.php

Huawei Honor 8 unboxing and first impressions by Flossy Carter
youtu.be/OuEcqPWE5Ic

Android Nougat vs. Marshmallow performance test
youtu.be/_a7AC2UXpYg

Lenovo P2 with 5100mah battery, SD625, fHD AMOLED display hands on
youtu.be/m8OR4YO4dCk

Other urls found in this thread:

aliexpress.com/item/Official-Global-Version-Xiaomi-Redmi-Note-3-3i-pro-prime-special-Version-Smartphone-5-5-Inch/32717858702.html
youtube.com/watch?v=or7rwO7wuSU)
geekbuying.com/item/Xiaomi-Redmi-Note-3-Pro-5-5-Inch-FHD-3GB-32GB-Smartphone-371104.html
appleliveevents-i.akamaihd.net/hls/live/222436/1609lijbsdfvoihbadfvohbsdfvljhb/master/4500/4500.m3u8?t=YWxpc2FtaXg=
youtube.com/watch?v=EsYWKn3pLHI
androidauthority.com/lg-admits-g4-bootloop-problem-hardware-fault-669603/
youtube.com/watch?v=NNhdQT9Ivu0&list=PLaPvcEA8BA-J9_3mmzhwE5TGRU53q3oux&index=3
en.miui.com/a-234.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

first for SE best phone ever

Do you use screen protectors? Why and what kind?

I love feeling the naked glass on my skin but I'm terrified of getting a blemish on my HTC10

I had screen protector on my Honor 6. Some cheap ebay shit. Damn it got many blemishes so I removed the protector

I havn't had any damage to the screen yet, been 4 months without.

You misspelled Z5C

before the SE came out I wanted to get the z3c or z5c desu
I really like android but I already have a macbook and the integration between osx and ios seems sweet

Doze is pure magic if you don't use your phone all day.

So it seems, Honor 8 uses the same camera setup as the P9.

But it's gimped as hell, can't specifically use the BW module

What the hell.

Honor 8 vs OnePlus 3?

So what's a good, medium or high end Android with stock OS coming out in the next few months, if any?

Zenfone 3 over all

I would recommend tempered glass, because it has the best feeling and protects properly. But it's fragile as fuck. If your are from US it shouldn't be a big deal to get it.

manlet detected

First review I found calls it over priced but it's only like £250. This looks like a really good phone.

Still far inferior to iphones' standby drain unfortunately.

I want to upgrade my S4, its getting old. Currently waiting for the Zenfone 3 to come out in Australia.

Willing to spend up to 650 dollarydoos.

Was meant to ask if theres any other phones you recommend. I'm a fucking idiot.

I'm going to be buying a z5 compact. so yeah that's my suggestion be I am a

IPhone has better standby? Maybe google fixes it in future releases.

Its miles better than 5.1.1 though. Had to charge my phone every two days despite barely using it.

this is true
atm I have a galaxy s3 and I have dropped it countless times because it's too big for my babby handlets

Best custom rom for op3? Cyanogenmod or something else?

I switched from iOS 2 years ago, the HTC One M7 and M8 made me do it.

Android is the biggest piece of shit. The file manager and not being tied to iTunes is the only reason I'm stuck to it.

Google is a terrible company, android is built to mine data, the battery drainers on standby are google services, which doze cannot turn off.

I have no gapps installed :^)

What phone

Is there any way to root/unlock/flash a RN3P with Linux?

Xperia ZR

Don't buy it. There are better phones out there.

three days ago I left my 2 year old iphone 5s out of the charger at 83% overnight and I woke up with 82%

i'm on nexus 5x, how i uninstall gapps? Can i leave just calendar, keep, and sheets? I actually use those all the time.

If I got a note 7 for free
Would it be worth switching from my lg g4 to the note 7?

The V20 is a powerhouse
If LG copied the S-Pen and had that same sort of functionality, they'd blow the Death Note 7 out of the park.
Let's hope they're streets ahead by the time V30 comes out.

looking for something I can easily put cyanogenmod on and has good battery life, considering the nexus 5

Google has some shady things in place. Alot of stuff rely on Google Play Services. Even Third Party Apps.

For example popular games like Clash of Clans use Google Games for saving. Meaning you cannot play without having Google games installed. Google Games relies on GPlay services

Yeah I wouldn't willingly buy an Xperia anything

Root and remove them I guess. But I am not sure if google calendar relies on google apps framework. Try it and see for yourself.

The LG V20 was almost perfect if it'd had the 821 in it.

hey canadanons
if you use dhl look to pay around 30$
total cost of my xiaomi redmi note 3 pro is 245$

I've got a Xiaomi Redmi 3S coming from GearBest.
What should I do as soon as it gets here?
What's the story about "Bootloader Unlocking" needing approval?

Is there that much of a difference between that and the 820?

How do SAR values happen ? The redmi 3s has a far lower sar than the redmi 3.

I have a galaxy S7 Edge, should I switch to the new nexus/pixel when it comes out.

The total is still less than I thought it would be

Where did you buy it from?

here senpaitachi
aliexpress.com/item/Official-Global-Version-Xiaomi-Redmi-Note-3-3i-pro-prime-special-Version-Smartphone-5-5-Inch/32717858702.html

thanks lad you saved me

This would increase your Phone's battery life by a few hours m8. There's a alternative for everything.

It's probably just a overclocked 820...

You sound like a huge faggot.

No. run a VM with Win 8 x64 for the unlocking and flashing process.

>good battery life
>nexus 5
No.

It will have a chinky vendor rom, flash the global rom when you get it asap.

Note that this is the Taiwan version(kate) so any case you'll buy won't fit on it, its taller. might wanna but the normal version (kenzo).

kek its in the city
i'm fucked
should learn to do better research instead of impulse buying

Oh..
Well at least it has more bands if that's what you need.
Otherwise you could leave it unopened and return it but that's quite a hassle.

I suppose the same shop has compatible cases though, they have it in the order options.

>not amoled, but still a high quality 1440p 5.7 inch display with sRGB color balance settings
>SD + removable battery!
>LG Skin ov Nougat is very minimal, removes no features, only adds. UI Tweaks are minor
>drop resistant build (youtube.com/watch?v=or7rwO7wuSU)
>second screen is a useful gimmick
>best video AND audio recording on the market
>best camera (for the next hour at least)
>audiophile heaven
>820/4GB ram

so unless there's some bootlooping or other shenanigans, I'd say LG has a winner tbqh

Oh, and don't flash any CM13or custom roms on it, they are all for kenzo and it will brick your device.
You can flash the global rom though.

Just waiting for a confirmed price.

goys
A friend is offering to swap his iPhone 6 for my Oneplus One cause he hates it so much.
Are there any significant downsides besides the small screen and locked down OS compared to the One? I don't rice my phones and mostly use it for shitposting and ssh with the occasional text and email thrown in.
Should I agree?

do it faggot

Couldn't you or your friend just sell your/his Ishit 6 for a better phone?

I'm looking to get the Redmi Note 3 Pro but the version which supports LTE B20 is only available in Gold. Should I get the Redmi 3S?

what 'better' phone do you have in mind, don't think there is any i could buy with the ~200 i'd get for the One.
also i'm kind of tempted to try the fagphone just for the lack of jewgle botnet

Redmeme.

???

geekbuying.com/item/Xiaomi-Redmi-Note-3-Pro-5-5-Inch-FHD-3GB-32GB-Smartphone-371104.html

Both have it gray.

Wow thank you so much, Honorbuy only lists it in Gold!

Help me out pussyfarts.
So I've had this Nexus 5 since it's release but now that I need to use it more I realized that it's battery just isn't cutting anymore.
So I want a bloat-light 5" phone with good battery and SD card compatible. I don't care for camera or playing games.

see
about cases and roms.

what's the best phone for demanding games that's around 400-500 euros/dollars?

Anybody UK based bought a Redmi 3 Pro? How much did it cost you? Is the OS good or should I look for an alternative like CM?

Get in here fags

appleliveevents-i.akamaihd.net/hls/live/222436/1609lijbsdfvoihbadfvohbsdfvljhb/master/4500/4500.m3u8?t=YWxpc2FtaXg=

Redmi Note 3 Pro as a shit mic. Fuck me.

Figures this is a good place to ask.

Managed to fuck up my Moto G (1st generation). Touchscreen got a crack across the top part (didn't affect the LCD, I think, since the image is still clear). Thing is, touch doesn't work on that top part.

Can I replace only the glass or do I need to replace everything?

I got mine from topone store on aliexpress so I could avoid import tax and the os is trash, get cm immediately

Replace everything including the phone

What did it run you, pal? I figured CM would be a go to.

Make a mi account and apply for bootloader unlocking rights just put 'dev purposes' when they ask for a reason. It usually takes a few days so make an account and apply now before it arrives

youtube.com/watch?v=EsYWKn3pLHI

Very candid talk about the V20 with an LG Senior director. Pretty interesting

Nintendo partnering with Apple. It's over Android.

>guaranteed bootloop in a year
no thanks.

>so unless there's some bootlooping or other shenanigans, I'd say LG has a winner tbqh

The phone looks great, but I just can't buy it. I don't trust LG at all to make something that won't bootloop and we won't know if the V20 is going to for 10-12 months.

What does bootloop mean in this context? Do LG phones just die very fast?

without fail the G4, V10, and now G5 are seeing hardware related bootloops roughly 9-10 months after purchase

What so, you restart the phone and it just doesn't launch the OS? How the fuck are they so popular and acclaimed?

androidauthority.com/lg-admits-g4-bootloop-problem-hardware-fault-669603/

Poorfag in 3rd world, so thats not an option.

>turn phone on
>starts booting
>gets half way through
>reboots
>repeat for infinity

It's nice that they've acknowledged the issue and will repair phones but it feels like they should have cracked the issue by now.

Guess I'm skipping on an LG.

Will redmeme 4p have US bands or will we be cucked again

Probably not.

Just got my OP3 and fell for the screen protector meme. Will it prevent cracks, or just scratches?

Who else here is going to get the Google Pixel when it launches next month?
For those who don't know, Google's new phones will no longer be called Nexus, they'll be Pixel.

HTC is making it and if the HTC 10 told us anything, it's going to be a great phone.

>HTC quality
>pure Android
>no bloatshit and waiting forever for updates

Hasn't been confirmed yet about an SD slot or removable battery. We'll just have to wait until it gets closer to launch.

Apple is killing it. God tier watches.

How do I do thus global rom flash? Do you have a link?

Can I first flash the global dev rom and after that flash cm13 on a Redmi note 3 pro?

>iPhone 7 confirmed best camera
>+ has telephoto lens and depth of field ability
>waterproof
>stereo speakers

youtube.com/watch?v=NNhdQT9Ivu0&list=PLaPvcEA8BA-J9_3mmzhwE5TGRU53q3oux&index=3

Replace the RN3P rom with the correct fastboot rom for R3S from here:
en.miui.com/a-234.html

Yeah you have to flash dev rom to unlock. but roms are for kenzo not kate (taiwan version with B20).

holy fuck I super fucked up then

My GS5 did the first two anyway...

what meme? Fuck I just ordered it with the tempered glass

Return it for a full refund senpai. RN3P regular edition already has B4 and B12 for most Canadian and American carriers. B20 is good for Europe and the other bands are not used in NA either.

Is it 2014 still?

Thank you!
What do you mean by kento, kate and taiwan version?

I'm gonna have to eat the dhl import fee at any rate right?

I messaged the seller & I'm looking for the kenzo version now

plus duty

dhl always makes you pay duties and taxes

just ask them to NOT OPEN THE BOX

Yep, DHL will still charge fees. contact seller and ask him about return shipping and exchange.