Are you an F5 or a CTRL+R kind of guy?

Are you an F5 or a CTRL+R kind of guy?

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/SirCmpwn/sway
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I click the refresh button with my mouse like a civilized person.

this but I use the one on the right click menu

CTRL+5 is much more comfy. You are an idiot if you reach all the way over the press the F5 key.

t. ManlyTears

ctrl+r

CTRL+R is the easiest to use.

F5

cmd+R of course

R because I use Vimium.

>command-R

I'm 6'7" equipped with mega hands.

>right click
>reload

same, click refresh button

>not retyping the url and pressing enter

Ctrl+F5 or Shift+Ctrl+R
do it like a man

Ctrl L
Enter

Right click+up followed by right click+down with mouse gestures.

>not F6, Return
get it to get her, man

fpbp

fire gestures

RMB down
move up
move down
RMB up

(captchas are asking for lighthouses now, self driving ships confirmed)

R in vimperator
easiest

Ctrl + shift + f5

>crtl+R
I vomited a bit in my mouth

CTRL+F5 so it reload everything even cached data

>F5
I "vomited" a bit from my anus

>he needs 2 (TWO) keys do something as basic as reloading
Lemme guess, you're also a crtl+alt+del > click faggot to bring up task manager

>if you reach all the way over the press the F5 key.

How fucking morbidly obese are you? Is moving your forearm

ctrl+shift+esc, not that i use windows anymore
ctrl+r is faster despite being two keys, because my fingers are more often closer to both than they are F5

I use RMB-up-down gesture.

command+r

mousegesture down-left or f5

ctrl+L
ctrl+C
DELETE
ctrl+V
return

Eff five

ctrl+w
"fuck"
ctrl+shift+t

vimperator is just so powerful
I must use only 1% of its capacities

What's your personal bests ?

Not him.
Quickmarks.
Bookmarks with keywords for everything, often with | character to open multiple tabs at once. Could be substituted for , or ; in settings.
I block youtube videos inside browser with uBlock, and then spawn youtube-dl with a shortcut. It only has a problem when the video is embedded instead of a link, I have to undo cosmetical filtering, go on page, and then spawn it.
Have a similar command to send a youtube video to mpd through curl and queue it.
c to switch tab to the last used (C-^ by default, deletions mess with its buffer) and C to delete current tab and switch to the last used tab (it calls tabremove, it remembers all the order you used tabs in, can be prefixed by tab number to delete a certain tab).
Lots of different custom shortcuts that only work for me.
I actually style my browser with .pentadactylrc. Might be a stupid idea, since it now loads a lot slower.
Didn't actually write anything that advanced since I have very poor knowledge of Javascript.

thanks

Oh, also, you can move toolkit for programs that require using them (for me only uBlock) on Pentadactyl status line.
I previously used a shortcut to appear/disappear toolkit line. I still put obscure toolkit that I might need but mostly don't there, and call it occasionally.
Also, you can make shortcuts consisting from two keys pressed in a row. Helped me not reorder default Pentadactyl shortcuts.

I think that's about all. I use it a lot, but I still think I'm probably pretty casual with its use. You can do a lot more with javascript or if you have a need for custom setup. My stuff is mostly shortcuts, some shell calls from inside Pentadactyl and a couple cool things. But this all is pretty casual.

>two keys vs 1
>easy

try harder

I am "mouse gesture up" guy
dunno how you plebs can live with yourself

OK, gotta admit, this actually does look really cool.
Keyboard still seems like a better solution (moving your wrist less and overall more flexible), but if I didn't move to keyboard-based everything-that-I-can recently, I would probably now try to set something like this up.
Also, isn't it annoying if you misclicked on an icon, and your mouse decided that you're trying to do gestures?
And what about cases where you need to stretch selection?

Made a mistake, C calls tabclose.
Also, I had to install and fix a js plugin for Pentadactyl from official site of the developer, that makes tabclose pick the last tab after you use it to close a tab. Don't remember the usual behavior, but apparently it's different, because I was unhappy enough to fix it.
There was originally a config option to change behavior based on penta config, but it broke on some update, so I stripped everything out except redefinition.
The code that's in there:
"use strict";

let groupId = 0;
let onunload = overlay.overlayObject(gBrowser, {
removeTab: util.wrapCallback(function removeTab(tab) {
if (tab == tabs.getTab() && tabs.alternate)
tabs.select(tabs.alternate);
return removeTab.superapply(this, arguments);
}),
});
It should be put into .pentadactyl/plugins/insertyourname.js

>moving your wrist less and overall more flexible)
I dont move my wrist when I do gestures
the base of my palm sits on the table
only mouse cupped in between my fingers moves

>Also, isn't it annoying if you misclicked on an icon, and your mouse decided that you're trying to do gestures?
does not happen to me

>And what about cases where you need to stretch selection?
you might missunderstood, its right click and gesture

absolute autist

>don't move my wrist
You're actually right. I just tested it out, and neither do I.
Unless I got into an uncomfortable position or need to put it farther into another direction then I can reach from my position.
I didn't even notice how I move my mouse.
>does not happen to me
OK.
>right click and gesture.
Yeah, makes sense. It would be more comfortable that way.
By the way, what program do you use for it? Or was it built into the distro?

easystroke

its rather pain in learning how to set it up, at least for me it was
though once you understand it, it all feels so obvious

you are basicly sending keypresses with gestures
it might be ctrl+r to anything you have your mouse in
or it might be set that middle click in single application behaves like specific keypress, while in other application its just regular middle click

also side mouse buttons are useful suddenly
but if you want to play with buttons and not just gestures
you need to in preferences>additional buttons> add buttons and add the buttons you want as "instant"

ctrl + shift + r

Looks pretty great. Why haven't more things copied it?
Also looks pretty abandoned and likely to die when Wayland comes.
Hell, could you even implement that in Wayland without building it into the compositor? I'm not sure.
Then again, Wayland is coming for a long time already, I guess. Still, kinda scared of trying this thing out. I probably would otherwise.

yeah, I am actually on i3
and that means i have sway, which is i3wm for wayland
github.com/SirCmpwn/sway

and it actually works perfectly fine and is usable from my testing
but without easystroke or something like that I am not moving anywhere from X

and looking at easystroke on github... last commit april 2016... not dead

Yeah, I tried out sway too. About the only third-party compositor that actually works right now. Or at least the only one I could find.
Weston (reference implementation), Gnome and KDE (big boys) don't count.
The last commit was April 2016, but it was the only commit in last two years. And it wasn't the author, just some random schmuck with a ready bug fix commit the author merged.
Wait, so easystroke works fine? How about Wayland native programs? Do they work fine too, or only XWayland stuff?

Reboot computer. It's the only way to be sure.

I started with pressing refresh, then Ctrl+R then I used Alt+F4.

This. Ctrl+F5 on SJWfox reloads the cache too which might prevent some fuckups.

>f5 or ctrl+r
>not restarting your computer

i use mouse gestures, it's just easier for me. the only time my hand touches the keyboard is when i need to type something this

>Wait, so easystroke works fine?
yeap, never had a single issue or a bug
just interface feels like it could be bit more intuitive

dont have experience with waylands stuff, I run sway for like half a day. tahts all

The only correct answer.

CTRL + L (to select address bar) > Enter

I never use the function keys except for full screen.

Control+R, occasionally clicking the refresh button. Restarting the browser is Ctl+Alt+R.

this should have been the end of the thread

you forgot how to restart PC properly before that.

alt.+F4
Down
Return

Basically, all our graphical applications have been tied to X for a while, they won't even work without it. The only exceptions are applications made on GTK+3 and QT5 (or made directly for Wayland, if it's possible, not sure if it is), those can work both on X and Wayland, if they're written well enough.
But so all the other applications work normally they put a minimal headless X server inside Wayland, for compatibility purposes, with intention to slowly write enough native programs and then get rid of it eventually or diminish its use to minimum. Basically it does wayland->X->program. It should eventually give some advantages compared to pure X, but not now, and it's still mostly a legacy support solution.
Open a terminal, and type "QT_QPA_PLATFORM=wayland-egl " or "GDK_BACKEND=wayland ".
And then try to use easystroke on the application that opens.
If it doesn't work, then it only works because of the headless X server in the background. If it does, it is probably still because of headless X server, but it makes it fit for use until there's an alternative.
You could also try to load sway through "WLC_XWAYLAND=0 sway" to disable XWayland entirely and see what happens.
The thing is, due to XWayland, if the program that wasn't adapted to Wayland works on it, it doesn't guarantee it will always work.
Or I guess you could just use XWayland and be happy.

is there any way i can make firefox refresh the url bar if i crtl-x the url?
switching tabs did it on chrome

F5 mapped to G11 on my G600. Mouse hotkeys are comfy.

f5
ctrl+r starts a random song

Ctl+Z to undo the cut, then press enter. Ctl+R is the dedicated refresh key.

this

Is this the new keybindings thread

Yeh