RIP

RIP
I
P

Other urls found in this thread:

wsj.com/articles/apples-share-of-smartphone-industrys-profits-soars-to-92-1436727458
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

it's only apple products.... right!??!?!

ATTACK THE JACK
T
T
A
C
K

T
H
E

J
A
C
K

For about 6 months

Motorola's gonna get in on this.

Dark days ahead, lads.

LG will probably hold off, like with the other shit

>hurp durp everyone loves apple products, even though we make android phones we know people only buy us because they can't afford iphones
>iphones don't let you remove the battery, so we're not going to either
>oh shit why are my sales figures so bad
>oh god where are all these dicks coming from
>oh glarkhgjhlfklh;fgj

Pleb here, can someone explain to me what's going on?

F

you know i am really interested to see if apple drops a hidef wireless protocall for the earpods.

there is apt-x that does 16/48 and sont ldac that does 24/96

i dont think apple is going to liscence them. This could be one of the most interesting shows of the decade when it comes to hi def audio. i will be watching.

They already have AirPlay. I don't see why they wouldn't just use that.

projecting this hard

New i-phone removes headphone jack
Everyone goes ape shit crazy

>2016
>apple remove headphone jack
>hurr apple dead

>2017
>apple introduces iphone with additional proprietary headphone port
>hurr apple is best!!

Apple is supposedly getting rid of the 3.5mm jack in their phones so you'll have to buy apple branded proprietary headphones or pay $19.99 for an adaptor

Some people are sperging out saying that it's the end of the 3.5mm jack becasue muh apple even though 99% of devices used it over thr last half century so there's no way apples jewing is going to have an adverse effect on what form of connector most electronic devices use

Except you know that Apple and Motorola have already paid off their loyal eShills to be quiet about this affront to consumer interests.

>more than one port
>a port dedicated to a specific function

I don't think you understand how Apple works.

>new iphone will have only one hole
>it will also have a camera "bulge"
top homosex

How cheap can the chinks sell a third party DAC?

Talking about the retail price here, 10USD reasonable?

airrplay is a network prtocol on wifi - think power contraints faggot. they barely get 4 hours battery on bluetooth earbuds - wifi would quarter that.

Think cents, not dollars.

Okay not quite, but sub 10 there's plenty.

Not even close.

I suspect that removal of "3.5mm" port will end-up being the final nail into the silly "iPhone" fad.

The only reason that it is a "problem" is because a few Applefags still insist on anorexic smartphones.

Someone screen cap this

>still calling the iPhone a fad

Fads don't last an entire decade.

THINK DIFFERENT user!

The 90s lasted an entire decade.

It has been dying ever since Steve Jobs was pushing up daises.

iPhone isn't that "special" anymore and it is slowly getting pwned by the competition. Apple is becoming 1980s GM and 2000s Toyota.

>apple finished and bankrupt

-Sup Forums, literally every year

lel

Apple is too big to fail now. iPhones are their own culture at this point, its the phone everyone wants to have and always will be.

Jobs was a hack btw

so how much thinner the phone REALLY get without the jack? .5mm? jesus

Its not about thickness. The new phone isnt much thinner

Nah, it is more like a steady decline from a mixture of mismanagement and stiff competition while offering nothing compelling.

1970s and early 1980s GM thought that those pesky "Japanese" competitors couldn't sink their massive empire.

>steady decline

Nothing is too big to fail.

Thinking otherwise is pure hubris.

just buy bluetooth headphones

>Nothing is too big to fail.
oh the innocence

so its just an edgy statement? what the fuck

> implying smartphones are the only benchmark

>implying hasn't Apple saturated the market right around when Steve Jobs bit the dust

GM shareholders had the same thoughts in 1970s. Microsoft shareholders likewise in 1990s and early 2000s.

>appleinsider

>appleinsider
:^)

>being this hopelessly naive

flawless

>this dellusion

>>implying smartphones are the only benchmark
>implying its not.

iPhones are the gateway for apples ecosystem, as long as people are using iPhones apple will be fine.

And phones are the most important technology already. Apple will always dominate and shape this market.

Many fads came and went within 1990-2000. Most didn't last all ten years.

>dat poorfag denial

wsj.com/articles/apples-share-of-smartphone-industrys-profits-soars-to-92-1436727458

The jack removal was known months ago

Why are you freaking out now

Completely wrong

It is servers, HPC and datacenters that drive "technology". Smartphones are just silly "toys". It is kinda funny that people can justify +$499 on a overgloried portable phone + "Game boy" hybrid.

Apple has been riding on the success of Steve Jobs for almost a decade now. They haven't done anything that is innovative or game-changing just like the aforementioned GM during their heyday in 1960-70s.

The competition is slowly catching-up and if management at Apple doesn't shape and try something "different" for a change instead of "Model update" stratagem. They will end-up repeating the similar mistakes that befell previous industry juggernauts.

>Smartphones are just silly "toys"
Stopped reading there.

Smartphones are the most important personal computer already. Get with times, grandpa.

Apple is stripping features again and passing it as innovation and their drones are spreading the message.

What? You mean you guys really can't afford 20 bucks? It's still going to be a great phone and anybody that gets one would have no trouble buying the adaptor.

Like it or not, if apple removes something it becomes legacy.

t. idrone

Feel free to post any exemples of technology that Apple dropped and didnt become legacy.

>PCs are hobbyist toys that will go away soon. Mainframes and dumb terminals forever!

Go ahead an name the ones that did then.

Serial ports
Floppy disks
VGA and DVI
Optical media
Spinning hard drives
Adobe Flash
Low-DPI displays

Floppy drives, netbooks, mobile flash, optical drives, parallel port, stylus, keyboard phones..

>"Does anyone have an iphone sound cable?"
-Uttered at every single house/frat party in 2017

Thanks

You know this thing is actually pretty small to be invented over 50 years ago.

>He doesn't have a Bluetooth speaker.

Hey grandpa, it's 2016 not 2006. What's with the iPod dock?

>can't charge while listening to music
>extra length added to cable that will awkwardly bunch up in your pocket
>adaptor will fray/break easily knowing apple's shitty cable design
>can't listen to music if you forget your adaptor
>have to take off adaptor anytime you want to use headphones with other devices

You iDrones really are retarded aren't you? Price isn't the issue, it's everything else that is.

You are the one choosing to be behind times using dated wired technology on purpose. You only have yourself to blame.

>what is tried and tested?
Enjoy having to deal with all the problems I listed when you get your "new and improved™" headphones.

are you actually retarded? Or just too poor to buy the new AirPods?

I've never seen a bluetooth speaker that could deliver enough sound for a house party. I'm guessing you can get an amplifier with built-in bluetooth receiver, or a bluetooth bridge, but I've never seen such a device in use.

>icuck
>calling someone else retarded

O I am laffin

Enjoy getting overcharged by crapple

If you're talking multiple PAs for a big backyard party or something, then yeah, you're right. But if you need something equivalent to a living room stereo or wall-mounted patio speakers, then something like this is perfectly suitable. You can even pair them for stereo sound.

The Moto Z has already dropped the headphone jack, it's happening.

I meant completely.

Yeah.

This guy is totally not retarded. Or poor.

why the fuck are people so interested in this ?
there are mobile phones on the market that have been there for years and do not have a fucking 3.5mm headphone jack
like what the fuck is going on AGAIN

Apple has a huge influence over the rest of the industry.

Dropping the 3.5 mm jack from its products means everyone else will be doing the same within a year or two.

I know bluetooth speakers are decent for a little bit of music in the background, but you don't need a big party to appreciate a little bit more muscles in the speakers. Pic related is what I would consider to be ideal house party speakers for 10-40 people. This isn't some huge PA system and it doesn't have to cost all that much, you could probably get it used for $1000. Is there a bluetooth alternative that even comes close, and how much would that cost?

>spending more on a product makes it better
Retarded consumercuck

Woops forgot pic

Have fun replacing your shitty and overpriced cords Apple fags! Just gonna sit here and enjoy using my ~$10 earbuds of decent quality!

Nope, but being better makes it better.

Not really a surprise that its not cheap

>dated wired technology
If bluetooth headphones were better, we'd see them used more widely than wired ones, but we don't, cause they aren't.

Why is it that whenever a point is raised, the apple drones can never refute it and just resort to keep saying "poor" over and over? It's like a cult. You do realize there's a myriad of phones out there that cost the same or more as the iphone that make this "point" cringeworthy at best, right?

If it's so good, you should be able to easily state why, but apparently that's way beyond your reach. I wonder why.

This is just entry level bait and I fell for it right?

They come with earbuds. No need

>android phone with superior specs comes out at a fraction of the price of an iPhone
>iCucks go full damage control/buyers remorse mode

Every time

The more you spend on something, the bigger the post-purchase rationalization. Give them some rest.

yes let's wait for apple do it and then we can 'copy' it
and let's ignore anybody who did the exact same thing years and years before apple because fuck them... AGAIN
it's the fucking 'revolutionary touchscreen' apple bullshit all over again

>3.5 mm jacks are the reason phones are so thick
>mfw Sup Forums memed this into reality

Stay mad little nigga.

I guess it really is time to move on...

>but we don't, cause they aren't.
Wrong. We dont because apple hasnt released the AirPods yet.

Hit a nerve there? Its just facts m8, no need to be mad about it.

Android users = poor
iPhone users = rich

dat samsung decline
AHAHAHAHAHHA

>>android phone with superior specs comes out at a fraction of the price of an iPhone
lmao

Please show me a single android phone with better specs than a 1yo iPhone 6s/6s+

Im waiting.

Yeah it's bait, I saw you yesterday talking to yourself saying the same thing over and over again until you inevitably fucked up and a bunch of your posts got deleted.

nobody else can do it because it's too big of a risk/loss. good thing Aplel is here to move us forward

Even a moto g has 2 gbs of RAM, something that is only found on the top of the line iphone.

Hilarious.

>t.hedo-consumerist who will never experience true joy in his life

smugpepe.jpg

t. poorfag in denial

>muh ram

That all you got? lmao

iPhones with 2gb perform better than Android with 6gb.

Not that I like Samsung but the Galaxy S6 is objectively better specs-wise

do you even know how to read ?
like I said there are phones on the market that are years and years old and do not have a fucking 3.5mm jack

>iPhones with 2gb perform better than Android with 6gb.
because the iphone doesn't really do anything