Alternate technology

Why is Sup Forums always posting the same crappy threads?
>iPhone "7"
>iPhone has crappy specs
>Should I upgrade?
>Desktop RATE F^ threads
>hurr durr ask me I'm a faggot who has experience on X job and has X years on it.
>STOOPID QUESTION THREADS
>Android Homepage
>Mac garbage
>Old "phones"
>Chink Shit Garbage
>What "Linux" distro mate?
>Encryption/Decryption
How about we ask the real question, what would it be like if steam engine wasn't invented? I bet Sup Forums wouldn't be there and YOU wouldn't be so cucked you faggot.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=c8vAnlUdu_k
youtube.com/watch?v=6CxP1kd_PPc
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Warfare_Incorporated
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

same as it's today. steam engines are rare

because you don't know how to shitpost
whenever i need tech support i shit on the product and Sup Forums gives me the answer.

Sup Forums isn't for tech support. Read the rules. That's the point.

>what would it be like if steam engine wasn't invented

They were experimenting with electric trains in 1837. Electric cars came out in 1858.

Steam and internal combustion engines ended up being cheaper than electrical infrastructure back then, but if the steam locomotive did not exist we probably would have had more electric vehicles by now. Battery technology would have been pushed way harder if everything relied on them.

yeah, that's why i bend the rules. what you gonna do about it

>inb4 legacy

Also fun fact: The first electric train was destroyed by railway workers in 1841 out of fear of losing their coal shoveling jobs.

I said this in another thread but Sup Forums turned to absolute shit the minute smartphones became a "thing".

AC wasn't a thing back then, how could the trains run

Massive battery cars. During testing it hauled a load of six tons at four miles per hour for a distance of one and a half miles.

That is shit performance, but for a proof-of-concept prototype designed only 10 years after the death of Napolean that is pretty decent.

If electric vehicles were the only viable option the advances in batteries, power distribution, and electric motors would have happened mush sooner.

This thread is proof why the shit threads we have is preferable to shit some people think we should have.

>I said this in another thread but Sup Forums turned to absolute shit the minute smartphones became a "thing".

Smartphones are older than Sup Forums. Do you mean "when normalfags started using them"?

>33mhz
>smartphone
noice

narrow-gauge FTW

youtube.com/watch?v=c8vAnlUdu_k
youtube.com/watch?v=6CxP1kd_PPc

>electronic devices were slower and had less processing power 14 years ago

No shit?

These were still smartphones that let you surf the net, waste time on gem games, play MP3s, and run actual business apps for the small minority of owners who actually used them as anything besides toys.

What has changed?

Perhaps "fruitphone" would've been a more apt word.

But nothing is more queer than the iphone.

Only homosexuals, the brown races, and 13 year old girls use iphones. It is more of a fashion statement than a true smartphone.

>What has changed?
Botnet tracking is now built into them
Also normalfags started using them so the applications are 99% trash now

The first game in that picture is now open source
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Warfare_Incorporated

You forgot microtransactions.

Then:
>fun $4.99 purchase that you could waste some time with

Now:
>for $1 you can refill your stamina to play for another 3 minutes
>like us on facebook

>smartphones all look like fashion accessories now
>we will never have pic related with modern hardware

And it was palms game of the year in 2003. It was the killer app at the time. Essentially a mobile version of C&C that you could play on your phone.

Bring back linux ricing threads (desktop threads).

This was the glue holding Sup Forums together desu

>that let you surf the net
>no wifi

>Alternate technology
idgaf about steam engines and old trains, they were a waste
but I love this website: www.lowtechmagazine.com , it talks about lots of stuff that can be efficiently done without much "high-tech", and talks about history and stuff.

>wouldn't be so cucked
?

>gem games
i think i know what you meant by this

palmos was fucking glorious, 16mhz m100 was better designed life assistant than all of those new capacitive touchscreen keyboardless buttonless youtube things

T|X had wifi, there were also wifi expansion cards. also, it wasn't that bad to live purely on GSM packets (even if i had to pay ~one euro for 5mb back then).

biggest problems was lack of proper browsers at the end of palmos5 life. Picsel browser was absolutely glorious but also buggy as hell, Opera Mini was Opera Mini, every other browser wasn't really capable of rendering anything properly.

>treo
>not blackberry