Company knowingly fucks over their loyal consumers

>Company knowingly fucks over their loyal consumers
>Gets a slap in the wrist
How?

Other urls found in this thread:

arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2016/07/nvidia-offers-30-to-gtx-970-customers-in-class-action-lawsuit-over-ram/
lmgtfy.com/?q=nvidia 3.5
youtube.com/watch?v=45lErq-qMns
youtube.com/watch?v=xlQokQsbKlc
twitter.com/AnonBabble

[citation needed]

[citation needed]

3.5gb

just in case some other retard wants to show up
arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2016/07/nvidia-offers-30-to-gtx-970-customers-in-class-action-lawsuit-over-ram/

because breaking the law is a viable business tactic and paying settlements is considered a normal cost of doing business

Kek should've known
fucking old news bro do you just like circle jerking that much to make a thread about it

3.5 wasn't/isn't a problem. you will have slow as fuck performance well before you hit the 3.5 barrier with a 970.

>muh lawsuit

that's hardly a slap on the wrist, lul.

>because breaking the law is a viable business tactic
Apple loses 13 billion for dodging taxes how come they didn't pay 13bucks?

>damage control
>apologetics
>voluntary shilling
yep it's a fanboy folks

Nvidia shelling out only 30$ [americans only] for their shit card when they should be shelling out the full price.

>you will have slow as fuck performance well before you hit the 3.5 barrier with a 970.
that's bullshit. you can allocate much more vram than that before framerate dips. try modded skyrim with massive textures.

>that's hardly a slap on the wrist, lul.
given how much the 970 sold, it definitely is.

proper punishment would have been to issue a full refund to all owners, and to present a written apology on their website's front page.

What are you gonna do, buy AMDshit and get something that doesnt worm at all?

>that i was giving a pass to them
you missed the point of my post faggot
>cheats you out of 12.5% of advertised vram
>refunds 12.5% of the launch price

>proper punishment would have been to issue a full refund to all owners, and to present a written apology on their website's front page.
There are people out there that think that idea is lunacy

>that's bullshit. you can allocate much more vram than that before framerate dips. try modded skyrim with massive textures.

never had problems with modded skyrim or any gaymes when i had my cuck card. the only way you would ever hit the 3.5 barrier are in a few games (the newest COD and that mirrors edge denuvo trash) where ultra settings eat tons of vram and perf for no discernible visual gain

>given how much the 970 sold, it definitely is.

you realize that nvidia doesn't get the full MSRP when a card gets sold by a retailer right? $30 per card is probably more than they actually profited for each card.

>proper punishment would have been to issue a full refund to all owners,

the judge that decided the compensation clearly disagrees with you, and any sensible person would as well, since the card is fully functional and the only misadvertised attributes were useless technical details (ROPs and L2 cache size)

>AMD is shit
>Nvidia are Jews
Pick one

>Company knowingly fucks over their loyal consumers

>He doesnt know
Ignorance is truly bliss

>ROPS and L2 cache
>useless details

oh hai Sup Forums

> loyal

Well there's your problem.

Oh wait, High end GPU market is dominated by nvidia. What are you going to do? Not buy nvidia GPUs?

They have good pr.

>Not buy nvidia GPUs?

This has never entered Sup Forums's (sorry, I mean Sup Forums's) mind because of said loyalty.

>There are people out there that think that idea is lunacy
Pretty much anyone with a brain that is capable of functioning at a maturity level of someone older than 8 years old thinks that is lunacy.

The only thing that would make sense in terms of full refund is if you had to return the card to nvidia for it.

>The only thing that would make sense in terms of full refund is if you had to return the card to nvidia for it.
Or if you didint get what was advertised to you.

No honestly to a fucking consumer it is completely god damn useless. Not every person who bought that card is a fucking autistic computer scientist like you who actually caress about useless fucking information like that. The only thing that 90% of the market care about is overall performance and nothing else.

>have to login to use Geforce Experience and therefore Shadowplay now

Into the trash it goes. What are some good alternatives to Shadowplay? GFE is shite but Shadowplay was good for saving "spur of the moment" stuff

Or the fact AMD is complete shit so you have no other choice

You do know that you have to send the product back to get your refund in those cases, right? I can tell you've never bought anything in your life nor are you familiar with the return policies of most sellers.

It's very rare that you get to keep the product. And that's also a business model that doesn't work, because you'll just get equipment scammed off of you. My friend got like 3 IPS monitors for the price of 1 by complaining that each one was broken somehow.

reminder that Nvidia INVENTED the GPU
by not trusting Nvidia youre basically trusting the person who knows whats best for gpus

nvidia is a split of ati engineers lol

I honestly believe the marketing fucked it up.
There is actually 4GB of VRAM in the 970, but its not all accessible by the user.
Also the 970 is one of the most sold cards, because it's good.
And AMD did the same shit with their TDP.
How could they not know about that?

It's all accessible. It's just partitioned into 2 and the partitions cannot be accessed at the same time. It has to access 1 or the other at any given time.

So fuck yourself over by buying an inferior product, go shit your martyr complex out somewhere else you Linux dick sucking Microsoft hating AMD using moron. You never really know how much better the experience is when you use a professionally developed product and an objectively better piece of hardware until you do.

Hands up if you own a 970 AND your unhappy with it!

Only AMD fanboys care about this "scandal".

Why did Nvidia have so much success with Maxwell when it was pretty shit and barely even better than Kepler cards?

Maxwell cards have low power consumption. Except the Titan X and 980 Ti, but those have high performance to offset the high power consumption.

>Linux dick sucking Microsoft hating AMD using moron
But AMD users are the ones shilling DX12 and therefore windows 10.

Yeah but performance wise they were what, 5-10% faster than Kepler? How much do most users even care about power consumption anyway.

lmgtfy.com/?q=nvidia 3.5

I don't know about average user, but I waited 5 years to buy a card that had power consumption that was low enough for me while still delivering adequate performance.

>AMD, however, can advertise r9 295x2 as 8gb even though it can effectively only use 4gb

Myself to a degree. Say like the 390 used twice as much power as a 970 but for only what was it, 15% more performance?

The trade off isn't worth if I'm using it a lot, we're talking 4 hours plus a day if the weather is shit and I'm not getting about much.

But now with Polaris Nvidia is still outpacing AMD but it's by about a lightbulb or two's worth at peak rather than 4 for just one part of the computer.

Allows you to use a smaller PSU and focus on OC'ing other parts too.

Nvidia is the only innovation when it comes to GPUs

they put fucking desktop performance on laptop chips, meanwhile AMD's crowning achievement for 2016 is release a chip thats equal to the GTX 970 in power and efficiency, a card from 2 years ago.

I'm just pissed that they hold back driver optimizations for the next-gen cards, I use vsync most of the time and better performance/watt would unburden my old power supplies and allow me to keep some cards around a little longer

That was the real sad part about polaris. I was expecting an improvement in both parts.

really the 470 seems the only polaris worth getting if it can be bought at a low enough price point.

They're shilling asynchronous compute. That includes Vulkan.

>AMDtards need currently irrelevant technology like HBM and Async because they keep their GPUs for 5-10 years at a time

>Meanwhile Nvidia users can afford to upgrade so Nvidia focuses on maximizing performance on what's relevant at the time

If they flipped their budgets around I think NVIDIA would have their shit slapped because they are of the mindset to buy favors and game deals and would have nothing left for product development

>currently irrelevant technology like HBM and Async
>being this delusional

problem is I can afford to do so but it feels iffy to me to spend £360 on a 1070.

>Muh Ashes of Singularity
by the time it becomes relevant Nvidia will have a new series that wrecks AMD's lineup in Async and DX12 performance

only reason why AMD "thinks ahead" is because you poorfags cant afford to upgrade

I get that you're just shitflinging but seriously, nobody is stupid enough to buy that.

When have they done this?

AMD purposely breaks games so that they can make their shitty tech look better.

Just look at Battlefield 1 and Deus Ex, both AMD branded games, everything in the benchmark's a fucking mess but one thing you'll notice is that somehow the Fury is on par with the 1070 and 1080.

i'll accept Deus Ex being a pile of wank but how are Battlefield and Hitman broken?

That 0% fury x scaling says otherwise.

>Nvidia uses goyworks to make their cards run better

>AMD uses Gaymen Evolved to make everyone equally shitty

>hey guys i post in threads without even skimming through the first 10 posts or so

All I saw was the gtx 970 vram meme, which is just that, a meme.

is this a shoop? gpus existed before 1999

>a meme
But they actually lied to you about the Vram

what does gaming evolved even do

You didn't assume that AMDrones were blowing shit out of proportion?

Until you have games that use more than 3.5 gigs of Vram, of course
which they already do.

Gaming Evolved is what identifies games AMD paid off to use Async or whatever to make their cards look good. Basically anything Pajeet will use in his arguments like Ashes of Singularity or Hitman.

I game with my trusty 750ti in glorious 720p. Your move.

But the 970 has 4GB of usable vram. Same amount as the AMD flagship fury x.

Hello PS4 player, I see you got lost in Sup Forums. In PC games you can adjust settings to change how much VRAM they use.

More VRAM = you can use higher resolutions, higher texture quality, more MSAA, etc. Assuming you have the hardware to actually render those higher settings anyway.

But yea, unlike in PS4 and Xbox One which is what you use and where you can't change settings, in PC games it's possible to tailor graphical settings to suit your graphics card.

I can still play most games on ultra or high settings on my GTX 670.

at 30 fps?
lmao

No they didn't. GPU is something nvidia made up when they created the Geforce 256. It had pretty specific hardware capability requirements which only the Geforce 256 at the time was capable of.

More like 45-50 and higher

If they flipped their budgets, AMD would spend its new budget on hookers and blow and end up in the same place they are right now.

You can't throw money at a problem and expect that it will fix itself. It might if it's something like a person who needs to die and you're hiring an assassin, but in this case it's pretty clear that it's not money that causes the problem.

nvidia just came up with the name 'gpu'

they have never acutally innovated anything, they're clever at disguising things that already exist as innovations and marketing them very well. much like apple.

it doesn't help when your cpu division is fucking everything up. if zen is good intel/nvidia is literally finished.

About the same here.

i5 4690k
Z97 Pro Gamer mobo (gifted by someone "Gamer means it's good, right?")
16gb of ram
750ti because I was waiting for a new gen of cards.

>they have never acutally innovated anything
Right now Nvidia is the ONLY innovator in GPUs, though.

Self driving cars? Nvidia.
Mobile chips that BTFO Qualcomm? Nvidia.
Laptop GPUs equal to their desktop counterparts? Nvidia
Deep Computing which is being used to solve a wide variety of problems? Nvidia
Only GPU manufacturer with proper OpenGL support? Nvidia.
Just about any scientific or professional application? Nvidia.

All AMD can do is make cheap gaming shit, but Sup Forums calls Nvidia the Sup Forums brand

>All AMD can do is make cheap gaming shit, but Sup Forums calls Nvidia the Sup Forums brand
Cheap buttcoin mining shit. Gamers can't buy AMD because buttcoin miners buy like 100 cards at once.

>he thinks nvidrones will actually accept that they're being ripped off when they already spent their money

LOOOOOOOL

Nvidia
Pros:
>Better drivers
>Better performance
>Better efficiency
>Better support

Cons:
>.5gb of Vram
>5 less fps in Ashes of Singularity

it'd be better if AMD realised their stuff doesn't match Nvidia and price accordingly. It's embarrassing when it sells for the same price.

money

>no competition
That's basically how. You have to choose between a product with lower performance or a company that will constantly jew you, most people will just go for whatever gives you higher fps in the latest shitty console ports, even if it costs much more.

>loyal

Haha, how the fuck are you loyal? If AMD or Intel somehow pulled a GPU out of their ass that could beat nVidia's offering for the same price, you telling me you'd buy nVidia anyways? Of course you fucking wouldn't.

What's that? I can't hear you over the sound of my R9 290 maxing everything I throw at it. Fucking shill.

Holy shit, this thread is full of Sup Forumsermin and shills.

There are plenty of people that already do this, you retard.

>r9 290
Of course you cant hear!
youtube.com/watch?v=45lErq-qMns

Of course you can't hear a thing!
youtube.com/watch?v=xlQokQsbKlc

Why the fuck do i need a login for video card software where the video card is here on my system?

God their leadership in their software department must be thick.

>reference cooler
Do I even need to say it? You're fucking retarded.

>It's a reference cooler!
>This game isnt using DX12!
>You just didnt install the right driver!
>You didnt use a multithreaded workload!
>This game is made by Nvidia shills!
>This benchmark is by Nvidia shills!
>Just wait!
>Just wait until the next product!
>YOU JUST ARENT USING IT RIGHT, MAN!!!

The more excuses AMDfags make to justify their buyers remorse, the more I enjoy my comfy GTX 1070.
Feels good to be able to afford PC components from a competent company that leads the industry.

No one buys a reference cooler for any card unless they need a blower. Get fucked.

a better cooler doesn't fix the terrible perf/watt m8, it's still dispersing the same amount of heat, just more efficiently.

The best part about Nvidia is that their reference coolers aren't some $2 piece of shit, so you can buy one for your mini itx rig and it wont explode.

>>>/global/rules/11

Or, you could not be a retard and buy a decent cooler for about the same price. I've heard the ACX coolers are good, and my Tri-X cooler does very well in a mini ITX case.

That only matters if you pay your own electric bill, which I know none of you children do.

With how much AMDfags shill here you'd think the mods wouldve done something by now
And dont tell me you guys werent shitposting about the RX480 nonstop back in May, and fuck what a disappointment it was

AMDfags need to shill to justify their shitty purchases, they're the biggest fucking shills on this board.