>4K

Fucking how?

Did they slap in a 1080 or what? Sounds like a huge scam to me.

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/StuffTV/status/773609999381790720
kotaku.com/playstation-4-pro-announced-1786337093?utm_campaign=Socialflow_Kotaku_Facebook&utm_source=Kotaku_Facebook&utm_medium=Socialflow
youtube.com/watch?v=heZt-0_-mk8
eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2016-xbox-one-project-scorpio-spec-analysis
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>japanese """""""currency""""""""

>not believing in the power of AMD

4K playback not gameplay.

well it isnt really 4k. it draws half 4k each frame in a checkerboard then does a type of interlacing with temporal aa.

>$259000 in my country

lel

>Top end PC costing over $2000 dollars can barely handle 4K at playable framerates
>Sony somehow promises a 4K capable machine for $400

Cinematic 24FPS confirmed.

A M D
M
D

It's just an RX 480 HOUSEFIRES in the PS4 Pro SoC

It certainly can't handle 4K

Did you SEE the footage they used? Not a chance. Thing will at least run 1080 well.

Desktopcucks on suicide watch.

>he fell for the high framerate meme
I bet you bought a 3D TV.

It will be 4K just like the PS3 was 1080p (it wasn't)

Not native support, upscaled.
P4Pro probably gonna play games at some weird-ass resolution, like 3200x1800 and then upscale the image to 4k

It's only really capable of playing 4K movies, not video games.

Much like the PS3, the PS4 is only good for playing movies - not games.

The demos shown looked like they were dropping frames a lot I doubt it's truuuuuuuu 4k

If that Pro Ps4 can do 1440p then its good enough

What truly 1080p games did the PS3 have? GT6 is the only one that comes to my mind but damn thing looked like a PS2 game with sightly better textures

PS4s are $350.
This will be $450.

I would buy this if I had the choice to forgo meme resolutions and play Sony Exclusives at 1080l/60. Could this even do that though?

>PS4 Pro
>Xbox One S

When can we get rid of Apple?

Why cant pc's do this?

Why wouldnt this be a good thing for percepted performance?

But what does it matter if there are no games?

This. Just buy a Vita, piracy soon.

incorrect
incorrect
op's image is official, retard
provide a source, my familia

it can render games at 4K no doubt about that.

that doesn't mean they'll look any good. I mean a R9 290 can pull 60+ FPS at 4K if you're playing CS:GO

>sounds like a huge scam
well, we are talking about consoles here

>The PS4 Pro will not, however, play 4K Blu-rays, Sony said.

FOR
WHAT
[DESIGNATED]
PURPOSE?

This guy is memeing, right?

Surely Sony can't be this stupid.

oh shit I'm sorry

kotaku.com/playstation-4-pro-announced-1786337093?utm_campaign=Socialflow_Kotaku_Facebook&utm_source=Kotaku_Facebook&utm_medium=Socialflow

Nope.

I love my vita but I get super salted and butt blasted when I think about releases like I am setsuna not getting NA releases for the vita.

Vita is region free, though.

They obviously added another layer of Playstation.

Yeah but that doesn't mean I can read moon runes.

>まだ日本語をべんきょうしていない

It just outputs upscaled 900p to 4K.

>smug3dgirl.gif

>>>>>>>>>>>>

AMD bringing back the times when consoles were pegging pccucks.

why bother when i can just right click/translate shit

これはいいですか。

There won't be any good nippongo translators until AI becomes a thing.

>Pro gaming console
Well, alright. Any word on the internals? Couldn't give a shit about the games it does or does not play, the hardware is the interesting bit.

So glad my PS4 is already obsolete! Time to add Sony to the list of brands to never buy from again.

LOL

In other words: PS4 pro can't into 4k at all.

AMD is literally taking its PC tech, making custom SoCs from it and sticking them in consoles

you're getting low end PC hardware buddy

>soon
user, I already have a bunch of pirated shit on mine. It was gathering dust for 2 years but now I have a reason to use it again.

VRfags better hope that PS VR is a home run because it's the last hope for that fad.

What's the specifications on the GPU?

>video game console
>"""Pro"""

A lot of download-only games were a full 1080, but that's about it.

>all it does it upscale
>meanwhile my SONY BRANDED 4K TV already does it

There is no reason for this console.

If anything 4k movie playback would be easier than games.
I don't know why it would be confirmation to you that it can't "into 4k at all".

Just grabbed the video using youtube-dl to get the 4K footage. It's 29.970fps. Muahahaha! It's not gonna be 60fps no how no way.

youtube.com/watch?v=heZt-0_-mk8

>SoC
It is not an SoC, stop using this phrase.

>Just grabbed the video using youtube-dl to get the 4K footage. It's 29.970fps. Muahahaha! It's not gonna be 60fps no how no way.
Are you serious right now?

That's the thing, if it can't even support 4k video playback it won't support true 4k games, it's a scam.

Yes. It will be 4K @ 30 fps. Not 60.

>PS4 Pro won't be able to play 4k blu rays.

4k Gamecube coming through.

Maybe the reader is so slow it can't read 4k Blu rays. Download only probably.

Tell me why you think that's something you can figure from a YouTube video?

>sonyggers damage control

rumor has 36 CU @ 900 mhz

So worse than an R9 290.

Xbone-fag here. I never owned a PS4, but I've always entertained the idea.

I thought the PS4 was 4K from the start? What the fuck is going on with your guys PS4s?

XD

the fact that Sony's been so coy about what exactly the PS4 Pro will do in 4K is concerning. I doubt that even 10% of the content will be actual 4K

Even the flop count is a dank meme...

Can I run GNU/Linux on it?

my Surface© Pro 4 with Windows© 10 Pro with Microsoft© Edge© with Translator For Microsoft Edge© extension doesn't have this problem

is that mactype?

Hahaha what a fool right!!? I love 24fps it really makes me feel like I'm playing a movie! who cares consoles can't do 60fps

>the focus is on games
>big reveal talked about netflix and movies more than games
O-okay...

4k is a meme

just stop

kek

So is this basically a competitor to the Xbox One S ? If so then they better get working on something to compete with Scorpio...

no its a screenshot from a glorious 267 ppi display downscaled to 96 ppi for bandwidth allocation purposes

Why don't you STFU you fucking clueless cunt that don't know shit

It's a SoC, CPU, GPU and chipset is all integrated into a single SoC

An underclocked and bandwidth-starved RX 480, basically. Same amount of CUs.

No, it's much more powerful than the Xbone S, but will be less powerful than the Scorpio. But it's also coming out a year before the Scorpio. They literally couldn't match specs with it and release this year, because AMD don't have a bigger GPU ready yet (Scorpio will be based on Vega, not Polaris).

The PS4 Slim is the Xbone S competitor, and is still more powerful than it (but no 4K Blu-ray playback).

Looks like a nice machine to run all titles at 1080p60 with some nice AA settings, and the value (for the hardware, at least) is good. They must be making a serious loss on it.

Might be able to manage a shaky 2160p30 on _some_ games, with some careful choices of graphical options, but honestly I think the developer adoption rate for 4K is going to be lackluster at best.

I personally couldn't give a shit. I already own a gaming PC and Bloodborne is the only PS4 exclusive I care about.

It's most likely 1080p or 1440p that is scaled up together with a small touch of AA.

>Buying a rehashed console mid console cycle.

It amazes me how much money people throw away.

Because why upload it at less than 30 fps when Youtube supports 4K 60 fps that's why. They don't have any reason not to.

Wipeout HD was probably the only game that ran at 1080p with acceptable framerate.

>it's a Sup Forums screams at eachother over minor spec differences in their preferred goycenters

That's a lot of faith you have in something no one knows anything about.

Funny thing is I really never used my PS3 for anything but watch movies, but I needed to jailbreak it because otherwise I would have needed to upgrade its firmware to get the new bluray cuck codes and therefore lost the potential to install linux or play any downloaded games. I never installed linux or play any downloaded games at all, because there aren't any good ones.

My fucking eyes.

yes, if you can bypass the trusted computing bullshit.

modern day consoles are just crippled PCs anyway.

There were others. Virtua Tennis 3 was 1080p/60fps even.

We know enough about it.

eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2016-xbox-one-project-scorpio-spec-analysis

And I don't have "faith" in anything. I don't own and won't own either console, nor their new versions. My PC is already more powerful than either.

The definition of SoC is pretty lax, but there's discrete chips on the board for RAM, network processor, USB controller, ethernet controller... I'd argue there's too much stuff off-chip to properly call it an SoC. Hardly a system on a chip when the system consists of lots of chips.

literally what ps4 should have been

and phones have separate RAM, touch controller, modem, wifi controller, audio controller
and yet the A9 is still called a SoC

It doesn't even do 4K Blu Ray.

I didn't know Corsair released a new case

mfw well get FreeSync TVs soon just for this

console games are locked at 30fps so there's no need for adaptive sync.

Were already getting FreeSync tvs though
why else would they make them? You think anyone gives a shit about PC gaming on AMD hardware?