I just got my K7xx and I think my tiny ie800 sound much better

I just got my K7xx and I think my tiny ie800 sound much better.

Other urls found in this thread:

massdrop.com/buy/matrix-m-stage-hpa-3b-balanced-headphone-amplifier
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Okay.

$20 says you're not using an amplifier and probably not a decent DAC either.

love your blog, OP. keep up the good work.

Make it $40.

Yeah, I just used it on my note 5. Supposed to have a decent dac though.
I don't want it very loud so do I still need an amp?
I have a 2i4 at home for my monitors and was planning to just use that.

well to be honest, you probably just don't like the analytical sound of AKGs, they're reference headphones and have a much clearer high end with a reduced low end.

So if you like bass, these are not headphones for you.

You gonna qualify that statement or just leave it dangling out there?

AKG headphones have all sorts of balance to them. Not much of a brand signature to them.

The K701/K702/K712/K7xx and Q701 are all fairly similar.

The AKG has bass but the thing that was throwing me was how the bass sounded. On the K7xx the bass feels like a small peak in a limited range of frequencies. On the ie800 it feels like that peak is spread out and it sounds more natural.

Overall though the more I listen to these k7xx the more I like them.

Of the headphones I own I would say:

Sennheiser IE800 > AKG K7XX >> Audio Technica M50X

you're fucking retarded. you realize you need a device that outputs a whole fucking WATT through the speaker port? get a fucking quality amp you moron

The 2I4 has a semi-decent dac and an amp that gets it more than loud enough for me. So my question is, do I still need an amp if I don't want it very loud?

it isn't about loudness you asstard the wattage required is for the range and depth (i.e. the actual fucking quality of the sound). if you aren't powering your fucking $600 headphones with the fucking 1200mw they fucking need you may as well be using $30 headphones

Like the other user said, amplifiers dont JUST add volume, they can add range.

Yeah, that was my question.
You have any recommendations sub $400 that have balanced monitor out in addition to headphone?

massdrop.com/buy/matrix-m-stage-hpa-3b-balanced-headphone-amplifier

its under $400 on massdrop for the next 5 days.

>range and depth
What do you even mean by that?

K7XX sucks, what you're hearing is the overly thick 100-500Hz response on the K7XX. The IE800 has tons of sub-bass and peaks in the sub-bass so it has a better bass response (though many will say less accurate).

That's balanced headphone out only, I want a dac/amp that does balanced out to monitor speakers and unbalanced out to headphones

>dac/amp that does balanced out to monitor speakers and unbalanced out to headphones
lololol

for under $400?

Amplifiers amplify.

Range and depth are buzzwords.

K7XXs really do need to be driven well to sound good. No smartphone or laptop will cut it. E10K (or equivalent) is really the bare minimum and for best results you're going to need something like O2+ODAC, Magni+Modi, or JDS The Element.

I can just use my 2i4 for the monitors I guess, just a pain in the ass to change the output device each time I want to change it.

Exactly what you're looking for exists, OP.

Balanced out to monitor speakers.
Single ended out to headphones.
DAC/AMP.
"Under" $400.

That describes pic related so precisely that I'm honestly starting to feel like this is a shill post.

$400CAD?
I'm dealing with moose dollars here so the exchange rate plus 13% tax is going to add up.

Is it a good product at least'

All early impressions say it's good enough that they'd pay $1000 for it. On paper it's one of the best amps on the market as well.

You'll have to stretch your loonies a bit, but if you save a bit up it's actually the ideal piece of equipment in your situation. It was designed explicitly for what you're describing.

A genuine thank you for you, I'll write the name of this down and hopefully in a few months I'll be able to justify it.

poor bait

Should I get the K7XX or the HD600? they come to almost the same price after currency conversion and shipping.

Agreed they gain a lot by a really good source and a good AMP. I personally think they take a lot of listening to in order to get used to the sound but its really good once your ears are accustom.

Take it to /hpg/.
/thread