Should I go back?

Windows 10 is spying on me. Windows 7 doesn't spy, right?

Other urls found in this thread:

blogs.technet.microsoft.com/windowsitpro/2016/08/15/further-simplifying-servicing-model-for-windows-7-and-windows-8-1/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>Windows 7 doesn't spy, right?
Keep telling yourself that.

Linux Mint then. It doesn't spy.

They're already backporting all of 10's spyware features to 7 and 8.1. Resistance is futile. I for one welcome our new botnet overlords.

dingle berry loving cuck

Unless you plan on going as far back as XP or Vista, you're screwed as far as windows in concerned. Just accept the inevitable. Or install linux.

Keep telling yourself that

Unlike Windows 10 you can actually choose to ignore and hide updates. These are the ones to avoid:
KB2882822 - Update adds ITraceRelogger interface support.
KB2990214 - Update that enables you to upgrade from Windows 7 to a later version of Windows.
KB3021917 - Update to Windows 7 SP1 for performance improvements (telemetry)
KB3035583 - GWX update installs Get Windows 10 app.
KB3065987 - Windows 10 upgrade for Windows 7.
KB3068708 - Update for customer experience and diagnostic telemetry.
KB3075249 - Update that adds telemetry points to consent.exe in Windows 7.
KB3075851 - Windows 10 upgrade for Windows 7.
KB3080149 - Update for customer experience and diagnostic telemetry
KB3083324 - Windows 10 preparation.
KB3083710 - Windows 10 preparation.
KB3112343 - Windows 10 Upgrade for Windows 7.
KB3118401 - Allows Windows 10 dependant Universal Runtime apps to run on earlier versions of Windows.
KB3123862 - Updated capabilities to upgrade Windows 7
KB3173040 - Windows 10 end of free upgrade offer notification for Windows 7.

CEIP on the OS itself is disabled by default, make sure to disable that in other Microsoft products such as Office and Visual Studio.

Soon you won't be able to select/hide individual updates. It'll all be cumulative packages like Windows 10.

Those are all security updates. Windows 7 is no longer getting feature updates.

"security"

I actually read what each update does. Nothing has added the spyware from Windows 10. If it did I'd see logs on my router.

No, Microsoft announced a few weeks ago that updates will be similar to Windows 10 soon. Each update will be bundle of multiple updates.

Like you won't be able to hide/ignore new "spying" updates without losing security updates

I'm still on Win7
fuck Win10

Citation needed

>Windows 10 is spying on me. Windows 7 doesn't spy, right?
I just installed win 7, only as backup. I didn't install any update (except for necessary drivers) and still got the bluescreen asking me to upgrade to 10 (or at least to SP1).

So, win7 is also compromised already.

>updating windows
>buying the "b-but muh sec-security risks!!!

LMAO RETARD JUST FUCK OF AND DIE

blogs.technet.microsoft.com/windowsitpro/2016/08/15/further-simplifying-servicing-model-for-windows-7-and-windows-8-1/

If you aren't a retard and have hardened your browser appropriately then your antivirus software plus the last batch of updates from the summer should last you a lifetime.

Just get comfy and be glad you will never have to update the OS ever again.

Seriously, I don't understand how people get so antsy about updates. Run as limited user, use AV and some common sense and you'll be fine. I've run for years on my vanilla install and amazingly I've had way fewer problems than when I installed updates. My system is always stable and I know I can rely on it.

You will have to manually pick your updates to keep MS from installing telemetry and other spyware onto 7.

It's a pain in the ass to read their updates, but hey, better than having a "Unique Advertising ID" branded onto your computer so they can track what you do.

This. It's from October onwards, so enjoy our last month of selective updates.

Serious question, why do people even use updates at all?

I've ran Win7 with zero updates fresh out of the box on dozens of machines and I've never once had a problem.

Compatibility for some newer software I guessing.

Whatever you do, it's apparent Microsoft is trying its best to kill 7 and 8/8.1 with every update (including forcing hardware manufacturers to support only 10). So as much as some of us hate the new system, there's really no avoiding it in the next couple years, save switching to Linux.

Time to embrace the Brave New (Botnet) World.

Time to move on to a better distro.