Use loonix

>use loonix
>update it
>requires restart

you told me this wouldn't happen...

Other urls found in this thread:

linuxjournal.com/content/no-reboot-kernel-patching-and-why-you-should-care
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

very rare and besides it will take less than 10 secs to get back to using it, non of this "configuring updates" shit when you shut off and then again when it turns back on.

Arch actally doesn't have this problem :^)

I don't think I have ever had this happen while using Fedora, however it is likely that it just waits to process the update on shutdown/restart. I could be wrong but I just don't remember seeing a dialogue like that one. Only time I remember a restart has been "highly recommended" is when using dnf to update the OS.
Either way I wouldn't be too concerned it seems to be the exception rather than the norm for linux systems in general.

>restart later

next time you boot it won't take longer than usual

Didn't Linux get the ability to patch the kernel without rebooting at some point?

>using the smiley with a carat nose

reboot is only needed when the kernel is updated nigga

I never reboot on Debian, even with the rare kernel updates

Yea but you wouldn't use it on a desktop computer, that's just ridiculous.
It's meant for security patches on servers that can't experience the downtime.

>believing anything Sup Forums says

Reminder that this is because of systemdicks that Leenart Pootering's rapebabies endlessly shill for on Sup Forums :)

yes, but larry elison spliced it up :^)

linuxjournal.com/content/no-reboot-kernel-patching-and-why-you-should-care
>As Linux version 4.0 was released on 15 April, one of the most discussed new features to be included in this release is "no reboot" kernel patching.

Switch to Manjaro or something (lazy man's Arch) and use a newer kernel that don't require rebooting (4.0+).

doesn't*

YOU TOLD ME THIS WOULDN'T HAPPEN
requires 1 restart, after major updates

doesn't force you to restart

Why is it ridiculous? It obviously benefits servers more, but if the feature exists why not take advantage of it?

Kernel updates need a restart.

>Restart later

Hmmmm.... What could it possibly mean,????

B O T N E T
O
T
N
E
T

Potential breakage
It's better to just avoid shit breaking and restart
Much higher risk of having the patching break, so IMO it makes more sense to just reboot

>thinking requires restart
Wrong. Just Ubuntu UI says you need restart your system.
Don't be afraid.

You can manually change your uptime on loonix, don't worry you can still have that 100+ day uptime for the rice threads.

At least Linux lets you choose whether to restart or not

WTF i hate linux now. My windows 10 enterprise? edition lets me choose to restart later as well and it only takes 5 seconds with a SSD

I'm more worried about the day Torvalds sells out to the Jews and Federales, making the next kernel update compliant to the Butt Net.

What options do you have under settings button, OP?

>Using Ubuntu

If you need to use them right away.. portably not

What is genuinely wrong with it? Other than the UI (which I actually like)

We told you to install gaytoo btw
You could have configured it to use the old libraries till you rebooted in to the new kernel. Do you even have a btrfs or zfs partition? Why don't you quit your job and all human relationships to build a comfy system? The updates are so smooth...

You use Arch, you have the problem

yes it does, if you update kernel you HAVE to restart.

You dont need to restart. Just keep it on running. Next time when you boot your computer the new kernel will be used.

That needs an userspace component which most distros still don't have. I.e. having a 4.0+ kernel doesn't magically made no-reboot updates work. You need some enterprise distro which provides live patching updates like SUSE or Red Hat.

Then your kernel is not updated.

But it has :^)