Tfw the 3.5mm audio jack daily reminder guy predicted this over three years ago

>tfw the 3.5mm audio jack daily reminder guy predicted this over three years ago

Other urls found in this thread:

arstechnica.com/apple/2016/09/hands-on-with-the-iphone-7-a-brief-peek-at-the-wireless-future/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Protip: The world's thinnest full-feature smart phone, the Vivo X5 Max still has a headphone jack.

Apple's just trying to lock you into their playground.

Daily reminder the Lightning port is the reason why iPhones are so big.

Soon they will remove that too. COURAGE.

Everyone laughed when Apple made a computer without a floppy drive.
They laughed again when Apple made a laptop without an optical drive.
History always proved Apple right

But the iPhone 7 isn't thinner

Apple has never sold anywhere near enough Macs to say they were a force in the industry.

how would they go about that without being forced to put finally more thoughts into wireless technologies like wireless charging etc?

They will put more thought into that. Wireless charging isn't very practical on the go, so perhaps we will see some sort of magsafe

magsafe?

>finally
What are you talking about? Apple are the industry leader in pushing wireless, as removing the headphone jack and selling wireless headphones clearly demonstrates. Plus according to leaks the 7 was meant to have wireless charging but it's been pushed back to next year.

If you throw enough shit at the wall, eventually some of it will be accidentally correct.

"no"

>thinking people will switch to proprietary and expensive Thunderbolt instead of USB-C
It'll be like firewire but even more pathetic.

does somebody still have the original OP?

doesn't even look any thinner after the 3.5 got dropped kek

its shopped

fuck, thanks for pointing that out.

>delusional
kek, no

/thread

Those things were replaced with better counter-parts. Floppy got replaced with optical, which was objectively better. Optical was replaced with USB/Thunderbolt, which was objectively better.

Analog is being replaced with shitty Bluetooth, which is objectively worse. It costs more to produce, has much worse sound, has more points of failure, you have to charge every device, you now have 1DAC/amp per device, you have to carry around an adapter. The only "advantage" is you can't see a cord.

Worst of all, this isn't innovation. Apple didn't come out and invent Bluetooth, everyone else already had it. They just removed the option to use something else.

In the first image the speaker holes on the bottom phone look shopped because the metallic surface doesn't look as uniform as the left side or on the top phone. Also around the rightmost hole on the right speakers you can see an arc-shaped coloring taken out of the shadow, which lines up with where the guy shopped out the headphone jack.

HAVING SAID THAT, if you go on Apple's website you can see that both phones have exactly the same dimensions, including the same thickness (7.1mm). Taking out the headphone jack literally did nothing.

Wait so it's not even thinner?
Apple removed a feature for absolutely no reason?

so they dropped the 3.5mm jack and did not change any thickness whatsoever..?

Why do people act as if they can't use their current earphones on iPhone 7. Sure it's retarded as fuck not to have a 3.5mm port but it literally comes with a converter and the only issue it has is not being able to listen your music from your iphone while charging. Which is what i haven't done a single time with my ipod in 4 years now

>floppy and optical
Those were already on the decline when Apple replaced them. The audio jack has just been going steady.

Macbook charging port

I don't think you're getting the point. I'm ok with compromises, like for example "you don't have an optical drive, but we used that space for extra battery".
This is a case of a company taking something away and giving you literally nothing in return.
>but they didn't really take it away
Yes, you can carry around an adapter to achieve the same thing you did before, except with more bulk. Yay.

Look fags, you are still going to have to provide analog signal THROUGH A FUCKING WIRE to the speakers, no matter how wireless your headphones are. Making the headphones eat digital signal through bluetooth or some shit only moves the dac from the output device to the headphones. Great job, now we manufacturing fucktons of redundant DACs and other useless abstraction between the signal and your ears just so you fags can satisfy your muh wireless fantasy. Fucking idiots.

>remove lightning port

THIS
I mean, this is the best excuse for fucking up the iSlaves even more

>storage can only be managed through the cloud via wifi
>phone is literally impossible to unlock now
>you're forced to buy several $200 charger because battery runs out quickly
>got a blank screen? just schedule a checkup at the iStore or, even better, buy another one!

ah ok, now I get it. that could be an option, kind of a charger like smartwatches have it, that could minimize the thickness, but how would they then allow all kind of accessoires for that port? (also no chance to have anything but bluetooth music left then?) adapters..?

Honestly Lightning was one of the reasons I was still shilling for Apple, now that headphone jack is gone though my job just got way harder :(

>Also around the rightmost hole on the right speakers you can see an arc-shaped coloring taken out of the shadow, which lines up with where the guy shopped out the headphone jack.
It's where the upper jack's shadow is projecting you fucking turbo autist

B R A V O
R
A
V
O

the marketing speak in that quote is ridiculous. 3rd parties now have to do the work Apple won't do and they should thank Apple for that.

>implying I don't exist

You don't faggot.

nigger this pic is literally from arstechnica

arstechnica.com/apple/2016/09/hands-on-with-the-iphone-7-a-brief-peek-at-the-wireless-future/

>everybody laughs at apple all the time
Sounds about right.

Literally every hardware component was upgraded. It's not the same phone without a headphone jack. I'm looking for some real criticisms of this phone based on tech standards. Instead, every retard on this website is basically crying that you can't charge and listen to music at the same time, as if that isn't an easy workaround either way. We're really having headphone jack arguments? Who gives a fuck?

And? It has crap small parts. Apple has a cpu/gpu faster than anything out there in mobile.