What kind of OC'd monster builds are people running that they would need liquid cooling for the CPU?

What kind of OC'd monster builds are people running that they would need liquid cooling for the CPU?

I understand piping up the whole system for ergonomics and extremely low noise if you have the money, but what is the point of one of these just for the CPU? Even my friends running FX-8350s have no heat or noise problems with just a 212 EVO fan.

I'm using an h100i for my 8350.it idles around 15c and when under full load it doesn't hit 40c. Shits cash

AMDfags so their house wont burn down
see the guy above

It is like bling for us Sup Forums fags
If you got the money why the fuck not

so that they can faux claim their pc is water cooled.

there are only a few reasons to go clc, but they are purchasing something with lower performance/louder/etc while being more expensive.....while also hating apple for doing the same things.

I don't have space for a decent air cooler in my mini-itx case

Supposedly those self container water cooling units constantly have the pumps break within a few years. Just get a Hyper 212 Evo; at least if the fan breaks you can buy a new one for like $10.

>idles at 15c and never breaks 40c
You know those readings are never correct, right? Unless you're saying it's 15c or below in your house.

Unless it's something like a 60 - 80mm monster rad, you won't be over clocking much using a 120mm aio. It's mostly for asthetics, and being able to control the location of the heat.

There's also space constraints such as this.

How about I need one because ur a fucking homosexual """buddy"""
fking kill urself and ur senpai

I hated my hyper evo 212

the pressure adjustment is so fucking stupid on those things and I never feel certain that I've got a good contact with the CPU

everyone told me AIO water coolers dont break unlike the custom ones
shit

i've had mine for 3 years and it's still working fine

3 years is the point where the pumps will start to fail on you; keep an eye on it from now on.

It's a motor, it has a recommended lifetime of operation. But in all likelihood, you'd be replacing the system before the pump. If you need 24/7/365 operation, you won't be water cooling your system anyways. Not if you're sane and budget conscious.

So if I leave my system idle all day is it gonna fuck with the cooler?

If you leave it running full speed all day everyday, yes you are burning up your motor for the convenience of saving 20 seconds of your life when accessing your computer. Those aios have pwm motors, and can be slowed down when the cooling isn't needed, but if you have an ssd, why aren't you just shutting the damn thing off when not in use? My pc boots faster than I can change from my jeans into a pair of shorts to get comfy.

Good motors like laing Dec and d5 are typically rated for something like 50,000 hours of operation at full speed, though. But those are industrial grade pumps.

Actually I'm Canadian, so yes

>why aren't you just shutting the damn thing off when not in use?

>htpc
>home server

Not but

>watercooling htpc or homeserver

why.jpg

Fair enough.

>htpc needs 24hr operation.

Also covered this in

>htpc needs 24hr operation.
it does if you are going the usenet route unless you like downloading dmca takedowns

because I use a gaming PC as my home server too?

Aio are for dumb fucks that don't know any better.

NH-D15 works just as well. So either get that or start investing in a custom one.

So, is it possible to mod a car radiator for all the pc? I mean, not just the CPU but also the GPU, just using those AiO but cutting and merging the hoses, then using a car radiator and its pump (like those of eastern europe shitboxes that cost less than usd 100 the pair and can be fixed even the pepper/egg nigger method), i think they are also 12v so it could also be powered by the PSU with some tweaks, hell you could even attach it to the side of case, they should last at least 5 or 6 years unattended, even they could go without a fan and cleaning is easy as fuck (if you even need to).

>What kind of OC'd monster builds are people running that they would need liquid cooling for the CPU?
I stopped overclocking my CPUs after my 3770K died on me and now I enjoy never having to watch my 4790K and 6700K exceed 55 degrees at 100% load with the fans and pumps at quiet settings.

>is it possible to mod a car radiator for all the pc
That's what the first water cooling enthusiasts had to do.

what if my htpc is also my gaymer pc?
what if i also torrent all day on it?