How much money have you cost advertising companies?

How much money have you cost advertising companies?

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/gorhill/uBlock/wiki/Does-uBlock-block-ads-or-just-hide-them?
github.com/kzar/watchadblock/releases/tag/3.0
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>using AdBlock

Please go.

i should be the one making money not them!

>using AdBlock/ABP in 2016

What else is there

Bazillions monies

If they want me to read their shit they better pay me

ublock origin

ABP is fine, Sup Forums is filled with snowflakes.

>le superior advertising block software meme

>Recommending uHide
I'd rather block the ads and not just hide them.

>ABP
>Taking money for whitelisting "acceptable ads"
They are even more shady than the advertising business

$2

> 19 %

What kind of shit sites are you browsing?

also, your font rendering is hilariously bad. Compare your screenshot to mine.

is ublock + tampermonkey + anti-adblock killer still the most effective filtering?

why would you use tampermonkey?

ublock has anti^2-adblock integrated

github.com/gorhill/uBlock/wiki/Does-uBlock-block-ads-or-just-hide-them?

What's with these constant anti-adblock threads? Someone's getting paid for them, right?

Hopefully a lot

AdBlock isn't Adblock Plus faggot pussy

What does the % means in ublock ? I've never understood this shit

>1,319,627 or 13%

Have you tried not being retarded?

>adblock
use noscript you idiot

Yes, does it mean 13% of all ads ? I doubt that

13% of all connections were blocked.

Hey, here's an even better idea for you, dipshit. Don't block ads at all and stop stealing money from others

13% off all existing "connections" on my filters ? I really don't get it

a few

Most sites don't get any money for just displaying the ad.

They get money only if the visitor clicks on the ad.

I don't cost advertisers money by blocking ads.
In fact I save them money. I'm not clicking their ads but at the same time they aren't wasting bandwidth that would otherwise be used to display an ad that won't be clicked.

Ad blocking is win/win.

13% (by count, not size) of all things your browser has downloaded have been blocked

>he thinks ads need to be clicked
You're not very bright.

>not size
It better not be able to calculate that. It would mean it downloads the ads.

Adblockers use too much RAM, so I just browse with Javascript disabled these days, except for sites like Sup Forums where there's minimal advertising anyway

>advertising companies
we save then millions of dollars, they doesn't have to pay for advertising products that we don't buy

Not a penny because I wasn't going to click them anyways.

Ok, if you stop shoving shitty ads in my face.

hopefully millions

Fall in line or perish.

i'm really spoiled. i get mad now when i have to deal with commercials and ads. really mad.

i dont want to see that shit.

Speaking off, anyone started getting youtube ads randomly lately?

Only happens when I watch RedLetterMedia and only in the middle of the episode.

Happens very rarely though.

not necessarily, you can frequently get the size of something before downloading it.

certainly

not bad

fuck off mate it's my pc and i'm not buying your shit anyways

Adtech employee here.

Youre costing the publishers money, the advertisers never play so their unaffected.

Also 1000 ads (video) sells for ~8 bucks.
Assume 4-2 bucks for 1000 banner and other shitty ads in your cost calculations.

HAVE FUN!

What kind of shit sites are YOU browsing?

Thanks and you're welcome.

0 money.

I wouldn't buy into any shit anyway and adblocks keep my brain cleaner.

Thats assuming I would click every single one though, right?

>he thinks ads need to be clicked
You're not very bright.

(You)

It is:
> Migrated AdBlock to use Adblock Plus (ABP)'s open-source core
github.com/kzar/watchadblock/releases/tag/3.0

Not frequently, always.. fuck you clearly don't understand how computers interpret data.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't ad revenue come in on the basis of per ad served? By that logic, you cost them the most money when you actually let the ad load and then don't buy the product.

This is actually true, the ones who lose money is the website, the advertising company doesn't lose a penny advertising to someone who wouldn't buy the product anyway.

Feels good never thinking about this shit.

bout tree fiddy

wew

What the actual fuck?

uMatrix catches most shit nowadays

I really don't care about increasing my penis size though. I think I'll keep my adblocker on until they make less intrusive ads. I'm perfectly fine with ads that are related to my interests, I even click them when I enable ads for a trusted site.

For example edaboard has electronic ads and they're really interesting to me, but I don't want to see forced ads everywhere. Wasn't this the whole point of Google's spying, how are they still terrible at showing me electronics ads while keeping others away?

>How much money have you cost youtubers?

If there's anyone that deserves money, it's the youtubers. Billion dollar productions attract crowds of millions while 10$ production attracts hundreds of millions. If the people watch it are entertained they're the same. We don't deserve anything.

Don't fucking tell them

So you're telling me... that I have the highest counter in this thread?

You actually don't cost youtubers anything when you're using adblock. Not a every viewer gets an ad, so let's say 1 in 10 people who watch a certain video get an ad, and the 10th person has adblock, the ad just goes to the next guy who watches it. It's only ever going to be a problem if a very large percentage of people start using it, at which point google will probably start restricting its use.

Source: Heard a youtuber talking about it on a stream

>Not a every viewer gets an ad
I find this difficult to believe.

Why wouldn't you just use ublock origin?

>since install
>877,740 or 14%
And this does not count all the shit I have blocked with uMatrix which is much more.

Except that it's inferior.

Please just stop posting.

1: doesn't block ads that are not causes by js
2: inferior to uMatrix and/or uBlock Origin still

>ABP

All the browser plugins lag your browser out to shit still parsing all those trackers/AIDS.

You can simply use the ublock origin/adblock plus lists they come with on hosts or firewall to kill it completely before it ever reaches your browser thus saving memory. You won't get that "we detected Adblock" bullshit popup either that some sites are now deploying to beg you for money.

Not enough.

Probably next to none if any thing at all, because most advertising doesn't apply to me. (Technology advertising would, but only to a very minimal degree)

If uBlock Origin hides ads instead of blocks them, why do some shitty sites still prevent you from accessing content when it's enabled?

>You can simply use the ublock origin/adblock plus lists they come with on hosts or firewall
Wrong, only a very small amount of filters can be used and none of the cosmetic filters.

>to kill it completely before it ever reaches your browser
The extensions already do that
Moreover, unlike the host files and firewalls the extensions block the request from being executed.

>You won't get that "we detected Adblock" bullshit popup
You don't get it already because you are using the anti-anti-adblock filters. Moreover there is no reason why hosts files would not show the warning while adblockers would.

>If uBlock Origin hides ads instead of blocks them
It doesn't

Question;
If I use Ublock would I be able to stop ads from taking up muh data and would websites still be able to see/notice I blocked their ads? It's fucking annoying when websites I don't give a shit about are like "YOU MUST SEE MUH ADS" like, fuck off. I'll whitelist you if I give a shit.

>would I be able to stop ads from taking up muh data
What do you mean by that?

>and would websites still be able to see/notice I blocked their ads?
Not if you use the right filters.

>Not if you use the right filters.

Teach me sempai

It does both, depending on the type of ad.

Not all ads are blockable. For example, text ads can't be blocked because they're part of the page content itself - rather than an external request to a script or image.

μBlock0 (and ABE etc.) do ad hiding for non-blockable ads like these, and ad blocking for actual page requests (e.g. scripts, iframes or images)

>For example, text ads can't be blocked because they're part of the page content itself - rather than an external request to a script or image.
These are called cosmetic filters.

No you can't you retard. The only way you know the size of a download is by reading the content-length header, if they choose to send it.

>google will start restricting its use
wtf can they do this? Do we need a google blocker now?

Just tested it out, thanks user.

I like it when Sup Forums is cool guy.

That would still require a HEAD, a good way to let yourself be tracked.

Nothing.
I do not click on ads anyways, so would i like to see them?

It's like saying uBlock is the same as uBlock Orgin...

Yes, and cosmetic filters are ad hiding rules. Your point?

My point is that you are a faggot and should end yourself.

Okay. We don't care what you believe.

fuck, you beat me, i thought i had the highest one

>still blocking ads on a addon level
stop being fags and gitgud

What do you use? Privoxy?

None, since I don't make requests of their servers.